DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5M (My new Sci-fi story. Enjoy!)

Go down

5M (My new Sci-fi story. Enjoy!) Empty 5M (My new Sci-fi story. Enjoy!)

Post by Chet Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 pm

5M

“BEEP, BEEP!” the sound of my plasma alarm clock. Always ready to wake me up at 08:15 hours. “Wake.”, then mechanical arms came out from the walls and picked me up. “Dress.” The same mechanical arms pick out a set of clothes that accommodate my body accordingly. Then I walk downstairs and sit down. “Breakfast.” Then from the seemingly normal table appeared a delicious plate of bacon, eggs, French toast, and warm coffee. The bacon, along with all the other meat, would be synthetic. This was because all of the world’s animals were in danger of extinction but they tasted exactly the same. This would be my daily morning routine. In every household during the 5M (fifth millennium), M-A3s would be the most useful implements.

After breakfast I went upstairs to check on my fifteen year old son. “John wake up!” I exclaimed as walked up the stairs. “Maybe he turned off his M-A3 alarm…” I thought to myself. So as I opened my son’s door, I smelled a strange odor coming from inside. I cautiously opened to the door to see. What I proceeded to see left me dumbfounded. My dear son, John Plume, was dead on the floor. Next to him was a X5BD laser gun, rarely found anymore because it is obsolete. I started to tremble and fell to my knees, but I was finally able to say, “C-call-E…” The M-A3 started to call the local police station. They swarmed my house and one of them grabs by the shoulder. “Let’s go.” those were the only words I was told before I was interrogated.

A tall, strapping police man walked into the interrogation room. He was wearing a dark robe, customary for most policemen at that time, and had a badge with the name, Tom Jays. He interrogated me intensively. A few questions I remembered were, “Can you please describe your child for us?” I answered, “Well, he was around 5’6”, and had dark brown hair. He had hazel eyes.” The policeman mentioned, “What was he wearing at the time of the incident?” I hesitated a little and replied, “Well, he was wearing a black tank top, brown pajamas, uh… and green socks.” Tom affirmed a list of something he had written down, looked up to me and said, “Looks good. Okay you may go, oh and, I’m sorry for your loss.”

I was back at home, lonely. After many days of disquiet, trying to cope with my son’s death a memory appeared in my head. My son had watched a popular UDPV (Ultra Digital Plasma Vision) show called “WorldZ ND”. After watching one episode I had told my son not to watch it because of the content. I told M-A3 to check records of my son’s previous UDPV views. I had read over the list on the screen various times. For the past month leading up to his suicide, he had only watched WorldZ ND! I wasn’t much of a bellicose person, but this filled me up with rage. My son had flat-out disobeyed me. To see what he was thinking, I sat down and started to watch the whole series of WorldZ ND. It was a very bizarre show. It dealt with the different subsequent events that would lead to the Earth and all of humanity being destroyed in the near future. It also showed how many people would be forced to live a rigorous life near the end. “What a sham! I wonder how anyone can believe this garbage!” I exclaimed.

I tried to collect some data on the IWZ (Interwebz) regarding the staff and UDPV station that broadcasts the show. The show was broadcasted on the ever most popular WBIP station. The top station in the nation of Nexothlorp (A unification of all the previous countries after WWXVII, after they tallying on the idea that unifying nations lead to calmer civilizations.) The CEO of the station or as I like to call him, the taskmaster, was James Telp, who is more recognized by the alias, Holy Father. He used to be the leader of the Holy Saints Celestial Sanctuary (A refuge established to help the innocents during Nexothlorp’s eleventh civil war.) No one has actually reported seeing his face, but many think of him as a great man. I took out my PDA and wrote down the address of the UDPV station. I put a small device in my pocket and walked out the door.

The streets were dirty as always, rats rummaging around the left behind garbage bags, dogs fighting at each other for a scrap of food. Most of the buildings were desolate, except for a select few chosen by the government for private research. Every block you see a few homeless people huddling together for survival. The prostitutes trying to look their best for their clients, taunting me with their outdated pleasure apparatus and blowing kisses. “Things have really gone downhill since the fourth millennium.” I thought to myself while shaking my head at the obviously not wholesome city. After a few hours of walking (since other modes of transportation were either outlawed or too expensive), encountering some homeless people who dared try to rob me with no success, I reached what seemed to be a UDPV station. On the sides of the walls someone had tagged “WBIP” and other non-appropriate words by it.

I entered the building only to be pulled to the front desk where a female robot awaited me. One could barely tell the difference between a real woman and a robot replica. The robot asked me in an insensitive, frigid voice, “What is your business here?” I thought for a while looking for the correct words, “I want to speak to the CEO.” She proceeded to ask me, “Has a family member of yours committed suicide recently?” Not sure of what the consequence may have been, I told her the truth. She then handed me a card and said to me, in the same tone of voice, “Have a nice day.” Before I could respond, my feet were covered in Velcro straps and pulled me outside of the building. “Huh, I assume they are hiding something in there.” I pondered. It was getting late so I stayed in a local SMBO (the equivalent to a motel). After so much walking I was effete so I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. “Sleep.” I then realized that this SMBO didn’t have M-A3s in the rooms, so I just turned to the side and closed my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

As I woke up the next morning, I walked around the city. I was thinking of a way of getting inside the station without arising suspicion. I walked into the nearby “Socko’s House of Drinks” and sat down inside. Many of the people inside looked intimidating and the inside of the bar needed a great refurbish. I tried to hold my breath because of the deleterious smog that engulfed the air. I saw a door in the back and approached it. I opened the door and walked through. It wasn’t the first time I’ve been here. I walked up to a burly man sitting down in a huge chair, with a thick black beard, and biker jacket, and an eye patch. He stood up and welcomed me. “Long time no see Scott!” he exclaimed, delighted to see me. I replied, “Nice to see you too, Basker.” He asked me what caused me to come here. “Well, I got a problem. I need a weapon… I got some problems to take care of.” He said it was alright and told me to follow him in to a large room. The room was covered with weapons from wall to wall. He told me to choose whatever I wanted. I chose the X5BD laser gun, a memento of what had happened to my son. I asked him how much it was going to cost me. He replied laughing, “Cost? There is no cost. Well, at least not for a buddy like you. Good luck on what you’re going to do. Oh and here try this it might help you tonight.” He threw a pill at me. I caught it and thanked him. I went back to the main area of the bar and ordered a drink. “What else can I lose?” I thought to myself as I downed the pill with my drink. My mind went into a strange rush and I lost consciousness.

I woke up the next morning in my bed feeling dazed and confused. I turn my head to the side and realize there was a woman in the bed with me. I got out of bed and with meteoric responsiveness, pulled here out of the bed. She tried to cover herself with the semi dirty sheets as she got out of bed by force. She was a young woman, maybe in her early twenties; she had brown hair and green eyes. She was kind of attractive. I asked what happened last night and then she explained. She spoke in a shy, frail voice, “You were buying everyone drinks at Socko’s… and you approached me. We hit it of and you brought me back to your place. Then we-” I had heard enough. I started to rub my eyes and I invited her to breakfast. I didn’t think it was such a far-fetched story, since drugs can do anything to a person. We went to CBD’s Breakfast and we chatted. Her name was Dorothy Bale and she had come to the town for some enjoyment, and found some. After a while I thanked her, paid the bill and left. I had to get ready for tonight.

Later at night, I wore my regular clothes and slipped my X5BD into my pocket. I went to WBIP and went inside. The same robot was there and when she was about to greet me, I shot her in the CPU, shutting her off. I walked through the halls in an amble and non-stealthy manner. No one had crossed my path. “Maybe it’s empty?” I thought. Then, I heard a rustling noise coming from what seemed to be an office. I peered inside to see who was there. I was amazed at who I saw. I rushed into the room and slammed the door shut. It was Holy Father! He was Caucasian male with dark brown hair with a thick moustache. He was wearing a yellow short sleeved shirt and blue dress pants. “Huh? Who are you?” he asked. I exclaimed, barely containing the words, “You… your show! It killed my son!” He sat down in his chair calmly and crossed his arms. “You are the only one of the few to have gotten this far… impressive.” I looked at him strangely, “What do you mean ‘one of the few’? There were others?”

“Of course there have been others! Your son isn’t the only one to have committed suicide because of ‘WorldZ ND’.” I looked in awe as he explained, “You are the fourth to approach me like this. So later on I disposed of them. This show has only three purposes, to delude, entertain, and bring me money. Just like with the Holy Saints Celestial Sanctuary. I had no intention of helping the innocent. All I wanted was to gain their trust and make myself look like the good guy. You see this world we are living in? This is nothing more than some baleful rat hole! Anyone who lives here can’t afford to inhabit the other planets. Imagine Mars, Jupiter, and the ever so amazing Saturn. These are the planets for the wealthy!”

“If those planets are so luxurious –I interrupted with tears in my eyes- then why don’t you go live there and leave this world alone?”

“Don’t you think I want to? I just want to get what I can before I do leave. This Earth is filthy and if someone watches our show and its similarities, they are bound to believe. Not everyone is as dumb. I applaud you for figuring this out. Your son, on the other hand, should’ve obeyed you.” I wasn’t going to let this self-seeking bastard with his different point of view and his decorous words deter me away from my plans. I took out my laser gun and pointed at his head. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. I opened my eyes and noticed he was still alive. “Surprised? -he said- This room is firearm proof. Any firearms in this room stop working.” I dropped my gun and ran up to him. We struggled for a while and we fell to the floor. He took out a blade and tried to stab me. I swiftly dodged the incoming knife and grabbed him by the arm. I twisted his arm to the point I heard a “crack”. He dropped the knife instantly and I reached for it while he was in pain. I hesitated for a second, but I rammed the small blade into his gut. He gasped and fell on his back. He started to breathe heavily and paused. He tried to look down on his deep wound where blood was gushing out and fainted. I stood up and moved over and checked his body. It was pale and cold.

I rested against the wall and sighed. I then realized what I had done. I killed him! A hysterical smile came over my face. I went back to the body and dipped my hand in the warm red blood. I stared at my hands that were becoming stained with blood. I received no accolade… just the satisfaction of putting an end to what had caused many suicides and four murders. He was the fifth murder, no at his own hand, but at the hand of someone who cared about what would happen to the future. I fell to my knees and looked down at the body, still with the smile on my face. I heard some ringing from the outside. Someone had alerted the police. They came in and swarmed the place, but I didn’t care. I was alone in life now. My wife died giving birth to my son, and my son ended his life. Time seemed to move slowly as the police entered the room. I just stayed on my knees as one police man, I didn’t bother to look who it was, put his hand on my shoulder and told me the little rights I had as a criminal. Then I heard a familiar, “BEEP, BEEP!"

Last edited by Chet Vasvey on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Looked like a blob of text D:)
Chet
Chet
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down