DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Thread

3 posters

Go down

The Dream Thread Empty The Dream Thread

Post by Haku Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 pm

So I know I have had a lot of strange, freaky, funny, and even enlightening dreams that I think are worth sharing... I'm sure most of you have, too!
I thought that this thread might be a good place to post those dreams that we want to share... in story-form, you know?
Anyway, here's one that I had very recently.

Goodnight, o reality

She visited the grassy cliff once almost every month, and always at night. Each time, she made her way there barefoot, her thin white nightgown clinging lightly to her body, her pale face framed by a curtain of long, sandy blond hair. A flimsy black jumper rested easily in the crook of her right elbow, and that same arm protectively clutched a slender ebony case to her body.

She stood tiredly at the cliff’s edge, which overlooked deep, dark waters spanning as far as her eye could see. Not perturbed by this in the least, she plopped down where she stood, letting her feet swing freely over the vast expanse. She draped her jumper over her thighs with a small sigh, and suddenly hugged the case to her chest, apprehensive to release it from her compassionate hold; as she did this, she heard a rustling in the tall grass behind her. She smiled and let her eyes close gently, as she was expecting the visitor.

“I’m so glad you’ve returned,” she whispered to her guest, opening her eyes to look at him. In response to her statement, he ran quickly to her side, sitting as close to her as he could manage. He rubbed his tiny head against her arm, showing her that he trusted her; he then began to purr.

Smiling, she reached over to pet the small cat, finally letting the case she once held onto so possessively lay in her lap. “I’ve missed you,” she said tenderly to the creature, eliciting a tiny coo from its lips. In a fluid motion, the cat then rested its front paws and head atop the case, causing the girl to move him gently back to her side; she smiled at what she now saw decorating the ebony in his place.

It was a soft blue flower, and its rosy petals glowed lightly under the few stars that peeked through the heavy cloud cover above. “Thank you,” she said to the cat as she moved the flower from the case to the ground in front of his small paws. He began to bat at it gently, causing her to laugh. With a smile, she began to open the case.

Inside laid three slender, differently sized platinum tubes. Her experienced hands removed each from its home, and quickly put them together; their final product caused a single tear to fall from her eyes. She tenderly brought the instrument to her lips, and began to play.

The sounds that flew from the flute caused her small body to tremble. She played with a passion that moved her very soul, and caused the waters below her to ripple with longing. The cat simply sat by her side, and stared up at the heavens.

She suddenly ceased her playing, and delicately placed the flute in the grass beside her. The entire world grew silent at this act, except for the cat, which chirruped at her in question. “It’s alright,” she said softly to him, “everything will be alright.” Without another word, she scooted dangerously close to the extreme lip of the cliff, and finally slid herself over its edge entirely, her nightgown billowing up around her as she fell.

She hit the water without a sound, and sank only a few feet below. With little effort, she swam to the surface and floated there on her back, gazing up at the cliff which seemed so far away. The little cat poked its head over the edge and stared at her through scared eyes; “It’s alright,” she spoke again, even knowing that he could not hear her, “everything will be alright.” She then closed her eyes with a smile.

The night was peaceful and silent, and the water rippled around her small frame in calm torrents. She allowed her head to fall back gently in the water, letting her ears become submerged beneath its glassy depths. She could hear nothing but deafening silence.

Eventually, she opened her eyes to look back at the cliff, and saw that the cat had drawn back from its edge; she could no longer see its worried eyes, and she was glad for it. She sighed in relief.

At that moment, she began to hear the faint whisperings of sound; she could not make them out clearly, however, as the water that enveloped her ears muddled them beyond recognition. Curiously, she lifted her head, wanting badly to hear whatever it might be. She then began to weep, recognizing them immediately.

It was a small voice, beckoning to her in sweet song from atop the cliff.

Gute Nacht, o Wesen!” it sang, causing the full moon to emerge from the blanket of clouds above. “Gute Nacht, o Wesen!” it pleadingly repeated; “Yes, gute Nacht gegeben!” answered the girl with tears streaming down her face, flowing seamlessly into the dark water upon which she floated.

At her words, the moon glowed with fiery passion, and pushed the clouds away, beckoning the stars to come forth. The stars obeyed and surrounded the moon, reflecting like millions of tiny diamonds on the black surface of the water below.

The little cat then reappeared at the cliff’s edge. All his worry and fear now departed, he gazed tenderly down at the girl who he saw floating in a sea of stars.

They all vanished with the ascension of the sun; its light gave new life to a delicate blue flower that bloomed devotedly on the cliff.

Last edited by Devimon on Thu May 27, 2010 2:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Haku
Haku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Dream Thread Empty Re: The Dream Thread

Post by Admin Old Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

HEY HAKU I LOVE YOU FOR THIS THREAD.
I'll be posting a lot because I always have weird dreams, quite often involving DNO players.

Recently lets see... bah I don't remember right now cause I wrote em down elsewhere. I can't ever remember really big details in dreams but the whole picture I often can. When I was little one that stood out was one of me flying next to this ghost from Luigi's Mansion, the blonde one who played Piano, it was weird but vivid... oh, and as soon as I get home from school tomorrow I'll post the lengthier ones that involved DNO people.

Also, anyone here ever lucid dream?

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chib Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 am

I could exaggerate and say "I don't dream", but.. the only ones I can remember were from about the same time, a good 5+ years ago. I know I have since, but I never remember them. Sadface.
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm

To answer your question, K, I have had only one lucid dream... which I'm going to post right now! :3

It's strange, though, because this was also a recurring dream. The first time I had the dream, things played out as normally as they could have, and when I woke up, I thought, "Wow, that was some dream..."
The next time I had the dream, I realized near the very end that I was dreaming, and that I had also had the dream before. This meant that I knew what was going to happen next, and I was able to shape events so that they would work in my favor, ensuring that I would come out victorious in the end.
I remember every detail very clearly.
Pretty bizarre, I think.

It's fairly long, so I'll post just the first part now; I'll finish it up later tonight. And just a warning... it becomes more strange as things move along, so bare with me! xD

Enjoy!

The World Beneath the Stage
Part I

I sat in the large recital hall gazing in awe at the beautiful grand piano, which sat on a circular platform in the center of the room. Audience members, including myself, were milling about and socializing before the upcoming performance. My group of music savvy friends and I were among the most animated in the crowd:

“I can’t wait to hear this pianist!” said one to the other.
“I know he’ll be absolutely stunning!”
“I wonder why he wants to keep the program a secret, though…”

Our conversation continued adamantly, until we were interrupted by one of the piano professors who taught at our school. She wore a worried expression on her face.

“I’m afraid we’re going to have to cancel this recital,” she said sadly to us, “The pianist hasn’t show up yet, and I fear that he won’t at all.”

My friends and I stared at her in shock, our eyes wide; suddenly, one of them blurted out, “But this music must be heard!”

The piano professor then turned to face me, as if she had come to a sudden, random realization, and she stared at me square in the face, saying, “Yes, you’re right. This music must be heard… Haku, won’t you play it?”

I simply gaped at her, and tried to stifle my laughter. I could tell that my friends felt similarly towards her odd question. You see, the piano is one of my weaker areas in music, and she of all people knows that I struggle with it. I’m a singer, and a flautist, after all... not a pianist.

“Erm, professor, why are you asking me, of all people?” I questioned her, “You know I can’t play the piano very well, never mind give a full recital of difficult piano music! If you really insist that the music be heard, why not ask one of your piano students?”

“Nonsense!” she replied with a haughty chortle, which seemed quite out of her character. “You’ll be great! This music is easily sight readable!” she continued while shoving me lightly towards the piano.

Realizing that she would not easily back down, I shuffled towards the grand instrument with a sigh, knowing that I would indeed make a fool of myself. Mumbling, I sat heavily on the bench, and stared at the music which was resting on the piano’s stand. I placed my quivering fingers over the ivory keys and slammed them down hard, beginning the piece.

Before the second chord was struck, however, a great wind swept through the hall, and with it, an impenetrable darkness that silenced and overtook the entire space. The darkness then vanished, taking with it the piano and every member of the audience besides myself and my friends. The piano professor was nowhere to be found.

The platform on which the piano once rested was still very much intact; after a few seconds of my gawking at it, however, it began to sink low into the floor. It finally disappeared all together, creating a large crater in the center of the room.

My friends and I stared in silence at the hole in the floor for what seemed like an eternity. After some time, the platform began to slowly rise up again.

What I saw floating above it then nearly sent me flying backwards in awe, and mostly in disbelief: it was a small, ethereal creature that glowed and sparkled in the light ((think Mew, but with minor differences that aren’t worth mentioning! xD )), and it was staring straight at me.

It then cried out to me with the tiniest of voices, and slowly began to approach me. It called out once more, and at that moment, I was sure that I was the only one who could hear it; I felt compelled to step forward and reach out to it, and to hold it close to me.

My fingers were inches from its cheeks when the room suddenly fell into darkness once more. This time, however, I could feel an ominous presence surrounding all of us, and shivers ran up and down my spine.

Light flooded the room a second time, and our attention was drawn once again to the center platform. On it this time stood my piano professor, who was glaring menacingly at me, and at the small creature who was now trembling in fear behind my back.

“That creature,” said the professor in a voice that was not her own, “give it to me… NOW!” She then reached out her arm, beckoning to me with an open palm, smiling abnormally.

I had horrible feeling about her, which was intensified tenfold by the fearful vibrations that the small creature behind me was emitting. Summoning new found courage, I swallowed dryly and spoke without a quaver: “No.”

The smile immediately vanished from the professor’s face, and she quickly lowered her arm. She glared at me through black, hollow eyes.

Suddenly, she was enveloped by a cloud of thick, black smoke. When it faded away, my professor was no longer standing there; in her place was a tall, thin man dressed in black, those same hollow eyes piercing through my own horrified gaze.

“I won’t repeat myself after this,” whispered the man dangerously as he slowly descended from the platform, making his way over to me, “…the creature. Give it to me now.”

Before I could open my mouth to deny him once more, he suddenly flew ten meters in the air and hung there, suspended by some invisible force. He arched his back and laughed manically, summoning a large, blue ring that surrounded the entire room. He then snapped his fingers, causing all that was inside the ring, myself included, to fly into the air along with him.

The ring began to spin and rotate, and it glowed with hot electricity. Another snap of the man’s fingers sent forth small blue spheres, which materialized from the ring itself. The spheres glowed dangerously, and sent out crippling waves of electricity towards everything in their vicinity.

Like madmen, my friends and I flailed, suspended above the ground and completely helpless. All we could do was await the electric, surely deadly shock that the blue spheres were bound to give us.

The little creature, who I had forgotten about up until this point, suddenly floated in front of me with ease. It looked deep into my eyes, and then brought its lips close to my ear, whispering its great secrets to me.

My eyes widened in sudden realization, and I then felt empowered. With a smug grin, I too began to move freely through the air, the mystical creature in tow, and together, we began to fight the evil man who was responsible for all of this. He sent numerous lethal currents of electricity at both of us, and we skillfully dodged each one of them, slowly making our way closer to where he floated.

In a flash, the man then formed a lasso made of water out of thin air, and launched it at the creature. Not expecting the sudden attack, the creature was caught off guard, and fell into the man’s clutches.

He laughed wickedly in triumph, and began to pull it closer to him. “NO!!” I shouted in anguish, suddenly withdrawing a lightning whip from my side, not realizing that I was equipped with it in the first place.

With all of the strength I could muster, I sprang towards the man, cracking the whip at him as I approached. Before I could reach him, however, four of the small, forgotten blue spheres appeared in front of me, forming an electric cage around me as I flew through them.

“NO!!” I shouted again in vain as I watched the creature squirm desperately in the man’s grasp. It was too late. I had failed.

The cage I was encased in then sent painful volts of electricity throughout my body, and I fell unconscious.

To be continued...
Haku
Haku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Tue May 25, 2010 3:36 am

-just barely revives the topic- D;

So yeah. I definitely said I would post the remainder of this dream a month ago, but I completely forgot about it/didn't feel like typing it up.
I just now finished, and would like to reiterate that as things move along, they become more strange.
Enjoy!

The World Beneath The Stage
Finale

I awoke with a throbbing headache, and with the inability to move my arms or legs. My eyes slowly fluttered open, and I gazed weakly upon the scene before me: my friends and I were bound tightly to stiff, metal reclining chairs, and the beautiful, enchanting creature which had before been so energetic and bright was now floating unconscious in a translucent globe above our heads. I looked across the round room and saw a vast generator in its center, cylindrical in shape, which reached from floor to ceiling; it clearly was the foundation which supported whatever sat above it, undoubtedly the recital hall from whence we came. All along the walls were broad, open doorways, leading into many rooms that, from my distant gaze alone, each seemed to be very different within.

Out of the doorway nearest me came the wicked man from before, smirking at me triumphantly. “Well, Haku,” he began coldly, “it seems I have won. I have taken what is rightfully mine, and you and your friends will forever remain within this chamber.”

With as much strength as I could muster, I titled my head to look the man straight in the eyes, and whispered, “No.”

Suddenly, the orb in which the creature was contained began to glow, and was engulfed in a stunning white light. At that moment, the bindings which held me hung limp, and I found myself reenergized; my confidence now restored, I rose from the chair and dashed across the room towards one of the doors, pausing once to shoot a glance over my shoulder at the orb which was still glowing brightly. For some reason, I knew running in this direction was the right thing to do.

“You won’t get out of here so easily, girl,” shouted the enraged man, “and this will ensure it!” Now well within one of the rooms across the way, I turned around just in time to see him gracefully lift his arm to point in my direction, his hateful eyes boring into my own.

On the floor at his feet materialized six bizarre looking, mechanized insects ((think tiny metal hermit crabs, but… insect-like?)); with a simple snap of his fingers, they began to slowly crawl towards me. At that moment, all I could do was stand in shock, as well as mild disgust, and watch them on their slow approach.

Waking from my slight daze, I began to back up slowly, not entirely sure what to make of the creepy looking creatures that were now only a few meters away from where I stood.

Then, out of nowhere, my entire body felt as if it were on fire: my skin tingled with nervousness, and I began to tremble violently. My eyes widened in shock and disbelief as I thought to myself, “I… am dreaming. I just know it. And what’s more, I’ve had this dream before, because I know what happens next. Those creatures… they are going to reach me, and when they do, they will attack me by latching onto my skin, and sending a lethal poison throughout my entire body. I will die, and that man will win…

No, I can’t die this time… not when I know what happens. I can control my fate. I just need to make sure I don’t make the same mistake as last time…”

With new found empowerment, I ran towards the back of the room where I found another door leading to an adjacent room. I ran through the door frame and glanced over my shoulder as I passed; as expected, the insects were trailing me closely, and they were picking up speed as they moved.

“Yes, I remember… these are learning creatures. The longer I let them chase me, the easier it will become for them to figure out how to trace my movements, and ultimately, how to catch me. What’s more, once their new found knowledge is obtained, they will be able to move faster and with improved ease and agility. I can’t let this continue for too much longer…”

I dashed from the room back into the main hall, this time on the opposite side of the generator than I was before. As I knew would be the case, the evil man was standing there to greet me.

“This is fine, though,” I thought to myself once more, “Everything is fine for now. These next few moments are going to be the deciding factors, however…”

I breezed by him and ran into yet another room, the mechanical insects still hot on my tail, swiftly gaining on me with every passing second.

The floor of this room resembled a beach; it was made entirely of soft sand, and was covered in seashells and sand dollars. Thinking I could buy myself some time, I stopped in the center of the room and quickly gathered six large shells. I placed them beneath my feet, hoping that the creatures would crawl into them… strangely enough, they did.

As they fiddled around inside their shells, I bolted off into another room, this one with a large pool table in its center; at that moment, chills suddenly ran up and down my spine…

“This… is it,” I thought to myself, “This is when I make the mistake that costs me my life…” I jumped onto the pool table in the midst of my inner dialogue, and turned to face the insects that now looked more like deformed hermit crabs than anything else. Despite the extra weight of the shells, they now moved faster than ever before, giving me even less time to react.

As soon as the creatures were inches from the table, I bolted forward and jumped over them, heading straight for the main generator room. “I should be safe now,” I thought, “since the only reason they caught me last time was because I ran to the room on my right, and they were able to corner me… there is much more open space in the main room.”

I sailed over the creatures’ heads, and ran straight past the evil man, who was standing in the same spot I left him in before. I quickly made my way over to my friends, who were silently sitting bound in their chairs; the entire time, not one of them had said a word.

At that point I stopped to catch my breath, and then decided to turn around to see how close the creatures were to me. In horror, I saw that they were less than three meters from me, and realized that they would never cease learning and increasing their speed.

In a panic, I ran past my friends to the walls behind them, in which were now fitted many large, extravagant windows. Each was at least ten meters high, and they all looking out to a blue, cloudless sky. At the bottoms of each window were wide sills that I hopped upon, hoping to stay out of the crabs’ reaches.

Before I could turn around to face the main body of the hall, I felt on my arms what seemed to be six tiny pinpricks. I looked down upon myself in terror to see that the crab creatures were the source of the sensation, and that they had latched themselves onto my skin; no matter how hard I shook at them, they wouldn’t budge.

“No,” I thought to myself, all the strength and life now fading from my body, “I failed. Despite the fact that I was armed with the knowledge of what would happen, I still couldn’t avoid this…”

With that thought, the crabs suddenly detached themselves from my arms, and plummeted to the ground where they lay dead and withered.

I looked down at my arms once more to see six great, black splotches- three on each arm- where the creatures had once been. Before I closed my eyes in pain, I noticed that the black was slowly expanding, and that it would soon grow to engulf my entire body…

The End
Haku
Haku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Thu May 27, 2010 1:54 am

I refuse to let this thread die. >:]
Again, feel free to post your own dreams!! Any at all that you feel like sharing!

----------

So this next one is a recurring dream that I have... all the time. Basically, the events in the dream run on constant repeat.

A few people have actually tried to analyze it for me, so if you guys want to, feel free! xD I believe that dreams can reveal a lot about one's true self...

Anyway, the title is as such because it is the overriding factor in the dream for me. It's what sticks out the most in my memory, and is actually the hardest bit for me to describe with accuracy... the exact shades of blue are something I've never seen before, except in that dream.

Blue

I appear at the edge of a vast, seemingly endless room. The walls, ceiling and floor are all varying shades of bluish black, and a dark blue light cascades down upon everything, illuminating all, far beyond what my eyes can reach. The room is overcrowded with bluish black people: their forms are nonspecific, so much so that at first it is hard for me to discern them from one another, and their facial expressions blank. They are packed so tightly together, taking up every last inch of the room, that I wonder how they can move. They all dance to a low, booming music, what I would describe as a heavy bass drone. They do not seem to notice my presence.

I look down upon myself, and I see nothing there; yet, I am there, and I know that I am a live, physical being. For some reason, I know that I need to make my way through the sea of dancing blue people, and that I must reach the other side of the room. I slowly begin walking through the crowd.

Incredibly, for a few seconds, I manage not to bump into anyone; how I accomplish such a feat is not for me to know. My motions are seamless and fluid, and for a moment, I appear as just another shadow of blue.

I then nudge the shoulder of one of the blue people, accidentally of course: their reactions are instant. Immediately, the sea of dancers parts, and the low, booming bass drone ceases. The crowd forms a massive circle around me, and I am left standing in its center, very much alone.

Quite nervous, I look up at the faces of the dancers: their expressions are blank, and their eyes, which had been listless and black before, now glow hot and white, as if they are boring into my very soul.

They then begin to whisper. It starts quietly at first, then escalates to the point where I feel as if I am trapped within a deep pit of snakes.

I close my eyes after what feels like an eternity, hoping to simply melt into nothing, and the whispering suddenly stops. The music returns, and the dancers move back around me into their tightly crammed mass; they begin shifting once again to the drone. It is as if my disturbance never occurred... as if I were never there. Once again, I look down only to fail at finding myself, and I begin to move through the crowd once more. I am determined to reach the opposite side of the room.

These events- the accidental nudge, the parting of the sea, the hot white glaring, the whispering, and the return to a seeming normalcy- play on loop for eternity.

I never reach the opposite end of that room.
Haku
Haku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down