DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save Bug, and a suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Save Bug, and a suggestion Empty Save Bug, and a suggestion

Post by Ken Sadeki Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Recently, I've been having quite a hard time dealing with this, rather annoying, bug.

I shall dub it, the "double save bug", because that's just what happens.

Let's say you save at the beginning of a round, after you got your role. This way, if you lose connection all of a sudden, at least you'll still have your role.

Now, lets say you find a very important item, such as a death note, or a gun, etc. You want to save again. Go ahead, because when you lose connection after the second save, and you attempt to load, you'll enter a black screen.

Corrupted save file? I wouldn't know.

I've tried it many times, and it always works after I've saved twice. No matter how many times I tried logging out, and then logging back in, when I load, same black screen.

Another thing is, let's say your connection is as jumpy as mine is. I lose connection twice - three times a round.

Obviously, knowing about this save bug, I've only saved once so far, so I can still load, but after "x" amount of loads, my save seems to become corrupted, just like above. Thus, I have to remake, ask a GM to give me my role back, etc. It's a big hassle.

I will continue to test this bug on a regular basis, but you (K) should probably look into it.
---------------------------------------------------------

I've also noticed a lot of item duplication. Players save, drop their item in a secluded place, log out, log in, load, and whala, two death notes, or two machine guns, etc.

Once saves get fixed, it would be good to add in something that automatically saves for you, as soon as you drop / pick up an item. You have no say in it, it saves for you the second you drop an item, or the second you pick it up. This way, there would be no item duplication, and there wouldn't be players complaining about items they lost, because they forgot to save.

That is all I've got for this topic. Thoughts / opinions?

Ken Sadeki
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Save Bug, and a suggestion Empty Re: Save Bug, and a suggestion

Post by Admin Old Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:19 pm

I can fix the item duplication easily, and I have no idea about the save bug. Does it happen to anyone else?

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Sadeki Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm not sure. Several people have mentioned not being able to load, after a certain amount of loads.

Ken Sadeki
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chet Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Yea its been happening around alot... I've also been affected by the save bug. Apparently when you try to load only a black screen appears and doesn't load your character. :\
Chet
Chet
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down