DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DNO2 Assigned Host Application

+18
Gabe
Mytre
Getseui
(Kiss Me)Aki(Kill Me)
Kenji Saioji
Z0mg Andii
Hideaki Ito
Fatal Dosage
Kotaro Aizawa
Sakura
Nightmare Zarkus
Damion de Lioncourt
DarthTyrael
Jun Watarase
Story
Xiar
Fate
Admin Old
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DNO2 Assigned Host Application Empty DNO2 Assigned Host Application

Post by Admin Old Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Assigned host applications for DNO1 are closed.
Applications for DNO2 are now open. You're required to post your application as a reply to this topic. You will simply be accepted, or denied. If you were a host in the past, you may need to re-apply.

The application:
Code:

[b]BYOND Key:[/b]
[b]Alias/Nickname(s):[/b]
[b]Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for?[/b]
[b]Please list [u]three[/u] people from DNO who believe you would be a good host. You can not mass spam page people, you could bring it up in DNO, I'd prefer they have a reason. Quotes preferred.:[/b]
[b]Please name [u]three[/u] people who can give positive feedback on your hosting, can NOT be people from the above section. (ie: it's lagless, good host, etc) and include quotes:[/b]
[b]Is there any reason you'd like to host?[/b]

An example of a BAD application:
The application:
Code:

[b]BYOND Key:[/b]byondkeyhere
[b]Alias/Nickname(s):[/b]my name here
[b]Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for?[/b] I'm hosting mitadake high
[b]Please list [u]three[/u] people from DNO who believe you would be a good host. You can not mass spam page people, you could bring it up in DNO, I'd prefer they have a reason. Quotes preferred.:[/b] no one said it i assigned for incase because on december 24 6:23(at me) there was chaos on the server and i want to get rid of this
[b]Please name [u]three[/u] people who can give positive feedback on your hosting, can NOT be people from the above section. (ie: it's lagless, good host, etc) and include quotes:[/b] Zzp,Palletoc,(just two :()
[b]Is there any reason you'd like to host?[/b]4th question.there is the answer for this

i hope this shall work to stop noobs

Didn't paste it right; didn't answer the questions properly, didn't fully fill it out. Just plain... not good.

Last edited by Kira on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 7 times in total

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

DNO2 Assigned Host Application Empty Re: DNO2 Assigned Host Application

Post by Fate Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:48 am

Hey K, am i allowed to use deathbot in my quotes o.o

Fate
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:45 am

...Sure, why not? xD

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiar Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:32 am

BYOND Key:
Xiar Zeruin

Alias/Nickname(s):
Xiar, Cyranakki

How long have you been playing DNO? If you're unsure, please estimate in months / weeks.
Since September 21st

Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for, and what games?
Yes. I hosted Mitadake High for approximately two months last summer (June-July, I believe) as well as having hosted non-BYOND games (World of Warcraft among others) for a few months (April last year - September)

Please name three people who play DNO, and think you would be a suitable host. Must include quotes! :

[c=6]Aki-Chan-Munchkin Cating up your World[/c] says:
I believe Xiar to be a very good option for a host.He's friendly with everyone and knows the game well.

<--(3:45 pm) ZombieGenesis: Sure Xiar- I think you'd make a very alert and trustworthy host, which is what the game is always searching for. Now where's my money...

<--(4:43 pm) Doomsday55: Oh shit, I forgot I was about to send a message to you >_>
For the second time (IIRC), you would make a good host.

Near.Joker: You'd be a good host due to your quality of evening your strictness and like..fun-ness, but still- you've got the quality.

<--(1:33 am) Vampirelock13: yeah you,d be a great host bro.. way better then most people i can recomend.

<--(1:38 am) Damion de Lioncourt: Yeah, I think you'd be a good host, you seem like you'd run it fairly

<--(10:06 am) Huttsean1: Yes xiar i think you would make a greate host for dno 2.

<--(3:45 pm) ItachiUchiha619: Sure, you know how to manage a server and you have taken responsibility of other servers

<--(4:56 pm) Chibskininja: Sorry about taking so long, I was afk...
Anyhow, from what I've seen, I figure you'd be pretty good at keeping a server in order and dealing with the idiots and the bitching and whatnot.

Is there any reason you'd like to host?
I simply think that DNO2 could do with another host--it seems that occasionally I'll find myself online late at night, geared up and wanting to play some more DNO after another server shut down and other players are wanting the same, but everyone else is unavailable for hosting at that time.

Anything else we should know, or anything to spice up your app?
I think I could make a decent host for DNO2 once it is released and I'd love to try my hand at it.

Xiar
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Undecided, to be honest. You have lots of people's support, which is good.. But to me, host is kind of like a staff position, and after lots of abuse from even the greatest seeming hosts, I tend to prefer to trust my hosts 100%. I guess it's because you've only played for three months or so, or..
But for the sake of nobody coming in, and saying 'Hey, why don't you make him host? You're a jerk' etc, etc.. I guess I'll let you host, but just to give it a try..

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:42 pm

I simply think that DNO2 could do with another host--it seems that occasionally I'll find myself online late at night, geared up and wanting to play some more DNO after another server shut down and other players are wanting the same, but everyone else is unavailable for hosting at that time.

Xiar, don't take it the wrong way but I don't think you are capable of running a server..Why? Well other then your '' Filter Avoiding '' and '' lackey immature role playing '' that I've seen you do due to laziness. I don't think you have the capability of running a server. Eh, this is just my opinion, and the truth doesn't hurt depending on which angle you are accepting it in.

Eh? maybe I would like to see you as a host, since people can change.
Story
Story
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Watarase Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:48 am

BYOND Key:
Jun Watarase(Among others.)

Alias/Nickname(s):
Depends on the role, if any. Jun, for the nickname.

How long have you been playing DNO? If you're unsure, please estimate in months / weeks.
About a week or so after the game was released.. At least from what I can recall.

Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for, and what games?
I've been hosting BYOND games since around early September, 2004. I can give a list, if you'd like; but it's -somewhat- long, so I'd rather only add it if it's really needed. The most recent being Bleach Unlimited; probably the most ancient Bleach game on BYOND, next to Vincents.

Please name three people who play DNO, and think you would be a suitable host. Must include quotes! :
I honestly don't know, as I haven't asked yet; and I haven't been on the game for about a month because of my school issues. >=
(1/3)
Zarkus says:
To answer the question you posed to me, yeah, you would make a fine host.

I'm bored a lot. Also the most recent game in which I was hosting 24/7 no-longer needs me to host it, so I'm finally free to host something new. (I don't like hosting more than one at once. It lags a bit.) I'd also like to have something to be attached to, so I can at least FEEL useful, or at least needed. xD;

Anything else we should know, or anything to spice up your app?
I like to keep things short (and sweet) unless otherwise necessary.

> I know the app is pretty fail right now. I'll spruce it up later, if that's allowed. Schoolwork is swamping.
Jun Watarase
Jun Watarase
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:55 pm

This may be a bit biased, but I guess that's good that I know you personally- Application approved, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful host.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthTyrael Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:40 pm

BYOND Key: Darth Tyrael

Alias/Nickname(s): Rai Hayabusa

How long have you been playing DNO? If you're unsure, please estimate in months / weeks. I've been playing DNO since about 9 months....

Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for, and what games? Yes, I have experience in hosting games. I've been a temporary host for a game called Naruto War of Shinobies, only they host 24/7 now, so I have been fired . I host Naruto Madara's Quest from time to time and I've been doing this for the past 5 months. I've also hosted Mitadake High, not really often... more when I felt like it.... but yes... I felt people enjoyed it... got good reactions from them.

(They will be here soon... right now: 0/3)

Is there any reason you'd like to host? I would gladly host this game... to give it more up-time, so more people can enjoy this game... and to give my support to the creators and staff of this game.

Anything else we should know, or anything to spice up your app? I love DNO and the staff and people who play it are reaaaaaaaaaaaly nice...
DarthTyrael
DarthTyrael
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://darthtyrael.proboards105.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:48 pm

You haven 't been playing 9 months, that's bull.
Not eev any quotes?
And sucking up at the end... intelligent.
Rejected.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damion de Lioncourt Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:40 am

BYOND Key: Damion de Lioncourt
Alias/Nickname(s): Damion, Yin
How long have you been playing DNO? If you're unsure, please estimate in months / weeks. About 4 1/2 months
Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for, and what games? Hosted Mafia recently, quite a bit

Xiar: I think you'd make a good host, Damion--you occasionally have a short temper, but people can often identify with you. Players like you and think you're a fun guy as well as a good RP'er and you have little schedule to limit the times you could host in.

Aki: I believe that Damion is completely capable at being a host.He's knows the rules and how to handel things when need be.

Zarkus: You've been around long enough to be a host, and im pretty sure you would make a good one.
K should put you on a trial like Xiar if shes adverse to the idea

Kenji: Damion, you are a great roleplayer. I belive you can handle these verbs. I would vouch for you to take this place, or atleast attempt to do it. I belive that you can understand and help people when in doubt, and enjoy doing it at the same time. Damion...You can handle this.

Mistick: Well Damion, you will make a good host. You help players, follow basic rules, make sure New PLayers are following basic rules, and know the concepts. You're great for the community and you are very fun.

Is there any reason you'd like to host? I am usually open to host later than the hosts we already have, which would give more people a chance to play. I've heard complaints about not having a server up later at night.
Anything else we should know, or anything to spice up your app? I hate these parts, I can't really think of anything, I love DNO, I'm sure I'll love DNO 2 and I'd love to get the chance to host it
Damion de Lioncourt
Damion de Lioncourt
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 am

You would've gotten a trial, but the host application said three people.. I'm being very strict with the host files, and I'm considering just wiping the whole topic, and being more specific..
But that'd be a bit mean to Jun & Xiar, hum.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damion de Lioncourt Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:01 pm

My bad, I thought it read at least three as the other one did and Xiar's example didn't help me think otherwise.
Damion de Lioncourt
Damion de Lioncourt
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah.. So I'm just gonna do this..
HOSTING APPLICATIONS RESET!
NEW FORMAT.
More strict, because the DNO2 hostfiles are very precious to me :V

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:25 pm

This will be fun.
...you magnificent bastard
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Watarase Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 pm

BYOND Key:
Jun Watarase(Generally)

Alias/Nickname(s):
Jun

Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for?
I've been hosting BYOND games since before most of you young whippersnappers even heard of it. *shakes cane* Seriously though, for about four years and a bit now, though I haven't had anything to host recently.

Please list three people from DNO who believe you would be a good host. You can not mass spam page people, you could bring it up in DNO, I'd prefer they have a reason. Quotes preferred.:
My only quote still belongs to Zarkus, though I don't really go around asking people anyway. I suppose I'll ask people sometime soon, though schoolwork is still a pain.
Zarkus says:
To answer the question you posed to me, yeah, you would make a fine host."
Please name three people who can give positive feedback on your hosting, can NOT be people from the above section. (ie: it's lagless, good host, etc) and include quotes:
Same as above. Haven't hosted in a while, so I'm not really sure. Wasn't laggy last time, though. >=

I just want to be useful for something other than taking up space.

Same with last one, I'll amend/update this once I can.
Jun Watarase
Jun Watarase
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

DNO2 Assigned Host Application Empty Host

Post by Sakura Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Well, I'm Sakura, Experienced on the Game, I am known by Sakura (always my allias) on Death Note, I know a bunch of people know, they respect me and I respect them.

I also know 1 GM, I'm now always on her server, she calls "Aki-Chan"

Now, I would like to make an application to host DNO2, I'm a fan of this game and I love it,

My internet size, I don't know exactly but it's around 14MB, I already hosted more then 10 games no need to explain me and I also know each time I host and I turn off i need to delete all Save files so people can't stay with the same roles.

I Speak 4 Languishes , Portuguese, English, Spanish , French
I think thats Important for this game

If you need more information Just ask me. Here my application to host DNO2

I Already got all the roles Except "L" so i think i know well how to play this game

BYOND Key:
1Sakura2

Alias/Nickname(s):
Sakura

Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for?
Yes, I already hosted more then 10 games for sure, if someone here played NBOLTS , i had a server there very known who reached 80 players, the other servers are like action (resident evil, worms..) and the other like 4 ( are brasilian servers ( portguese ) .. ) So i know how to host. 3 Years since i host games, I have experience on hosting games..
Please list three people from DNO who believe you would be a good host. You can not mass spam page people, you could bring it up in DNO, I'd prefer they have a reason. Quotes preferred.:

DNO People: ( Like DNO isn't online rigth now i can't tell it, Im also couning with Aki Chan word When i get DNO online il post here )
-Aki-Chan
-S.S
-ZombieGenesis
-Zarkus
-Nathan

( i know them but i need DNO to be ON )

Please name three people who can give positive feedback on your hosting, can NOT be people from the above section. (ie: it's lagless, good host, etc) and include quotes:

-Nuno says:
Sakura is a wonderfull Host. She is on near all the time, so it's good for the players. Her Upload and Download speed are really good, she knows how to make good decisions, so i can also tell that she doesn't abuse her powers as a Admin or Host.

-Darkeon says:
I've played several games hosted by her, and honestly, don't have any reasons to complaint.
She is punctual, serious and clearly do care for the people on the games I played in which she was the Host. She is also quite the nice-social person, good mooded, altho she can maintain order if needed. Played quite a time under her Hosting and haven't felt bad-conection either, nor long-days shutdowns.She guides the new users among her games, aswell as helping others without giving any +member privileges. As a person I must say she is a good friend and an hell of a leader. So thats why I gladly recommend her as Hoster.

-Me^2ch (Kaguya Ban) says:
Hi there, she is quite the awesome hoster. Never felt any lagg on her servers. She was very nice to me when I first entered and gotta admit, I felt quite welcome there. She is very friendly toward the people that log on her servers. I don't really have anything bad to say about her, trust her and that's it, never met her personaly nor anything, so I can't really say other things, but one thing is sure, she sure knows how to host. Contrary to my past experiences with host, sakura in my eye's is one of the best host out there now. I can say that er server rarely cash plus she has fast servers, with almost zero lag and the innovative to do good.

Yes... I'm a Super Fan of DNO! and I'm not new, people think I'm new because:

-sometime i can't stay On lot on DNO this last 3 weeks i stay almost all the time ( sometimes im busy )
- I cant get in DNO because he is almost never on ( in a certain time )
- Sometimes i get pissed when i don't get a role

Well , i would like to host too because I'm Sure i could help the game, I could bring some new people I like to talk roleplay, i love Death Note, and other mangas, It's Good when i'm on because I can see when people spam, break the rules, SPEAK OTHER LAGUISHES ( i speak 4 languishes "portuguese, spanish, english, french ) so i can say them to stop that...

I Can Help like i did while 3 years... And I can conciderate my self experienced on this game, i know all the map , all the secrets, and some bugs.. ( ._. )

So I would like to Host DNO2 ! I think it will have a good futur and i gave sugestions to Zombie Genesis of it!

( And btw, i don't like too much to get on forums i think its not usefull thats why i just registed now , so please don't say I'm new.. )

Post by Sakura

Last edited by Sakura on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : a litle word i forgot)
Sakura
Sakura
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Sakura wrote:Well, I'm Sakura, New on the game, I am known by Sakura (always my allias) on Death Note, I know a bunch of people know, they respect me and I respect them.

I also know 1 GM, I'm now always on her server, she calls "Aki-Chan"

Now, I would like to make an application to host DNO2, I'm a fan of this game and I love it,

My internet size, I don't know exactly but it's around 14MB, I already hosted more then 10 games no need to explain me and I also know each time I host and I turn off i need to delete all Save files so people can't stay with the same roles.

If you need more information Just ask me. Here my application to host DNO2
If you were new to the game, why would you think you even have a chance at hosting? Plus.. your 'application' didn't even cover the things on the forum. I'm glad you know Aki.. but I'm not impressed.
Auto rejected.
And I just saw Jun's new one, gladly approved.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Humm.. sry but i didn't answered the questions i was going to edit it when i saw the questions -.- '' it wasnt to answer yet..

and im not new .. i just stay not many time on the server.. so i can't talk to people =\

and rigth no im geting the qutoes ._.
Sakura
Sakura
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

DNO2 Assigned Host Application Empty Editd

Post by Sakura Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Done i Edited my application , you can see it now

and the New on the game , i wasnt looking at it, im not new..
Sakura
Sakura
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Denied because you touch yourself at ni- ER I mean because your quotes are from people who I don't know whether they play DNO, and they have to play DNO. And I don't know you that well, so I wouldn't know if you would make a good host.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:28 pm

1. Those people already played DNO o_o , but they are not online and they change allias lots of time and i know them from 3 or 2 games. Like Darkeon who played on all the servers i hosted
2. It's a litle normal you don't know me, i never talk a lot on OCC and when i play its with those i know or some new people who come with me " i dont say "hi" all the time.. "
3. when i play i never see you eather, i use to play on aki chan server and some times on the others, and GM's are always AFK when i play so its a litle normal , and you i don't even know your alias , and if u didn't saw me . i decided 3 weaks ago to be the most possible on DNO
4.when i dont get a role i use to stay in my house on the game i rarely get out of it o-o so u could see a litle what i do
5. YOU DONT KNOW ME? o_o 2 days ago or yesterday I saw u i said Hi i stayed with u at least 15 minutes stoped with you in front of the BIG TV outside... and i also saw ou on the library AFK, then i remenber i caled u another they u teleported to me.. then i asked for shinigami eyes u said u weren giving that role..

I already saw u lots of times o-o

*edited application.. I know Nathan too *
Sakura
Sakura
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Damion de Lioncourt Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 am

BYOND Key: Damion de Lioncourt
Alias/Nickname(s): Damion, Jimmy Kudo
Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for? I've been hosting games for about a month and a half. I've Hosted Mafia and DNO 1

Aki: I believe Damion would make a good host. He dusplays the ability to correctly handle anything and everything people throw at him.He knows the rules well and what to do once they are broken.

W: Damion, you'd make a great host. You understand the rules rather well, no, exceedingly well. You can analyse a situation with ease, and you can smite anyone breaking the rules within seconds, and already have evidence to push rule breakers out of the game.

Ra: Damion is capable of being an excellent host, because he has the abilitly to control, regulate, and handle the players of DNO. Also, he is equiped with good judgement abilities and a strict yet gentle heart.

Mistick: Damion, my opinion is that I think you will be a great host. You host very great servers of Mafia, that don't lag, you also are fun, and great for the community.

Kenji: You are a great roleplayer who understands the rules, knows his power, and does not abuse it. The servers are always lagless and very calm. It would be great to have someone like you host.

Shiio: Damion makes a very good host. this is the first time i've seen him hosting, and I am very impressed, and the lack of any lag makes it better.

Is there any reason you'd like to host? I've really enjoyed my time Hosting what little I have and I love DNO and it's community and I'd like to be as big a part of it as I can.
Damion de Lioncourt
Damion de Lioncourt
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Oh gee.. Mistick, W and Shiio, great people to get quotes from, that'll get ya approved fast >_> xD;
But you're a host automatically because you're a GM, so.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

DNO2 Assigned Host Application Empty Aizawa-kun's application

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 pm

BYOND Key:Bemcint
Alias/Nickname(s):Toshiro Aizawa
Have you had any experience hosting games? If so, how long have you been hosting for? I have hosted Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy and Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast games on the PC for nearly 2 years off and on, so really about one year of non BYOND experience, and I've been hosting BYOND for about three weeks now.
(The first two are from people who play DNO and were on my Mitadake High server)
<Vampirelock13> and yeah bemcint i think you,d make a decent host man...

<Riku-bozu> Bemcint i think you would make an awesome host for DNO, your actualy active, and your servers are near lagless.

(Next is in regards to myself and Eiji on DNO)

(OOC)-(NationCoG)-Daisuke Yukito: Well, in all honesty, I've only RP'd with you two a bare minimum. But from what I've seen you're both good RPer's, and definitely have the rules down pat.

<Telella> You're one of the better hosts. This is the best server I've played on.
<Lightt> Your a pretty good host. Lag is minimal.
<Dominic240> Yeh, you're a decent host. I might actually start playing DNO with you.
I would like to host, because, well, I love DNO. I want to be apart of the progress it makes, and I believe that I would be a fair, but strict host. I want to see this game go far and have that feeling that I helped. If you need any screenshots of feedback, lemme know, and I'll provide them for these quotes, or others ^^.

Last edited by Bemcint on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://www.chains-of-fate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next