DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time; Date; Roleplay.

5 posters

Go down

Time; Date; Roleplay. Empty Time; Date; Roleplay.

Post by Tybalt. Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Griffin here..

I think there should be given a verb to the Host, such as start Time and Day and stop Time and Day. Time and day could like, resemble the time. You could buy a watch from the shop seller, and look at it in the roleplay to check the time, etc. This could be used for lighting, weather, and anything else for the roleplay. Anywho, I wrote this in a short time, so this is just a plain suggestion to branch out.

Tybalt.
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Time; Date; Roleplay. Empty Re: Time; Date; Roleplay.

Post by Ryuzaki Luther Lawliet Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:15 pm

that's a good idea the host should be able to make it night day rainy lightning hail foggy that would be really cool.You get a thumb's up for that idea *raises thumb to griffin* xD
Ryuzaki Luther Lawliet
Ryuzaki Luther Lawliet
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-08-01

https://mortalitygames.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 am

Ryuzaki Devils Angel wrote:that's a good idea the host should be able to make it night day rainy lightning hail foggy that would be really cool.You get a thumb's up for that idea *raises thumb to griffin* xD
But think how long it would take to code and how hard it would be, poor K.
You guys should think about her more lol

Fate
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:54 pm

That is quite penurious for K with all of those loops. But imagine the host having the power to make it rain, snow, hail, etc with their host verbs - now that would be perturbing.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tybalt. Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Anywho yes, I thought about how horrible the coding can be, that's just why I made it a plain suggestion to branch out to more ideas. And; when weather comes, comes lag. I've witnessed it before in my CD games XD. But correct; this is just a plain suggestion to branch out into ideas.

Tybalt.
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Making an accurate time system to go with watches seems too much like mitadake. Also, it'd be a pain to code.

I wouldn't trust hosts with verbs like make weather. I've done weather before but it causes major lag as it changes all of the worlds default area into a whole different one...

with an actual icon, causing lots of lag. So I really wouldn't do it. if anything, I may make a host / Gm make night/day verb

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuzaki Luther Lawliet Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Near wrote:Making an accurate time system to go with watches seems too much like mitadake. Also, it'd be a pain to code.

I wouldn't trust hosts with verbs like make weather. I've done weather before but it causes major lag as it changes all of the worlds default area into a whole different one...

with an actual icon, causing lots of lag. So I really wouldn't do it. if anything, I may make a host / Gm make night/day verb

when i was a owner in a naruto game i could change the weather (rain,snow,day,night,storm,hail) and it does couse lag
Ryuzaki Luther Lawliet
Ryuzaki Luther Lawliet
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-08-01

https://mortalitygames.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down