DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Several Suggestions Empty Several Suggestions

Post by Ken Sadeki Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 pm

The things below, I think, would be a good addition to the DNO community. Feel free to add your own input / ideas so we can make said suggestions the best / most benefiting for the players we possibly can.

I will put all of these suggestions in certain categories, to the roles / people they correspond to.

L
-----
1. Finger print lock, instead of a normal lock. Finger print locks are unpickable, which is something L should have, to prevent people from just random picking, and then stealing his items. It's pretty much a door only L can open. An option to assign other players the ability to use the doors would also be nice. This would add to the realism of the station, it being something that no one should be able to break into.

2. Cameras / Bugs would be a great addition to L's gadgets. He could place them in certain places so he could spy, etc. Cameras and bugs in the L building would also be nice, so s/he can see what's going on without ever having to leave the privacy of his room.

Kira
-----
1. Remove full page / remove part of a page should be brought back. I don't see why it was removed in the first place. But yeah, and option for taking out a full page, or just a piece of a page would be useful.

General Public
-----
1. Actual lock picks would reduce the amount of people who just randomly go around and pick stuff. You would NEED a lock pick, to pick locks. Once you have your high intelligence, and your lock pick, you would go, and attempt to pick a lock. That's where you're given a minigame! This would be more realistic, because it would lengthen the amount of time it takes to pick a lock, which is a great deal of time. The minigame should be some what of a challenge, of course.

Losing the minigame would result in your lock pick being destroyed, because you messed up. You can sell them at the same dude who sells fake IDs. Raising the prices would result in less lock picks going around.

M should start with about two of these, but would have to buy the rest.

2. Apartment complex / giant hotel like in the original DNO. People could go in, purchase rooms, etc. It'd give players temporary homes, which they could use to store, and secure their belongings.

Well, that's all I've got for now. If you have any ideas on ways we could improve any of these suggestions, please do.

Ken Sadeki
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Several Suggestions Empty Re: Several Suggestions

Post by Pensuke Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm

I like the lockpicks idea, but I'm not sure about the pricing because picking locks randomly now isn't that easy. Not sure about the L door, but I think that maybe your finger prints will stay on the door and L will know who tried to pick his door.
Pensuke
Pensuke
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Finger print lock can still be messed with, so I'm not sure. Cameras, bugs, and forensics have already been in the works. As for lock picks, that's a really challenging and complicated system, to program, and to do in game. An apartment complex will likely be put in then.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Sadeki Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:38 pm

A key sequence that includes a certain set of keys that repeats in random order or something like could work.

And if not a minigame, at least lock picks so that not everyone could go around picking locks. It would work like the current system, only you need both intelligence, and the item. Your chances would be raised a bit, too.

If not fingerprint, perhaps key card lock? L would get two or three spare cards, to hand out to his task force.

Ken Sadeki
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down