DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got an Idea?

5 posters

Go down

Got an Idea? Empty Got an Idea?

Post by Admin Old Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:14 pm

When servers go to hell, and things mess up, sometimes there are no staff on. Sometimes people abuse death bot's reboot, amongst many other things.

Here's my question- how do we fix that? Is there a certain way I can edit the death bot's voting command so it's easier for people to vote? Or should you be able to vote on a temporary server helper, or something along those lines? Perhaps a fixed auto roles vote? How should things go down?

Please be detailed, and elaborate as much as possible. Best suggestions will be rewarded based on how helpful they are.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Got an Idea? Empty Re: Got an Idea?

Post by Safari Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Kira wrote:When servers go to hell, and things mess up, sometimes there are no staff on. Sometimes people abuse death bot's reboot, amongst many other things.

Here's my question- how do we fix that? Is there a certain way I can edit the death bot's voting command so it's easier for people to vote? Or should you be able to vote on a temporary server helper, or something along those lines? Perhaps a fixed auto roles vote? How should things go down?

Please be detailed, and elaborate as much as possible. Best suggestions will be rewarded based on how helpful they are.
Maybe have shifts for admins, or make new ones that can get on/shifts over and get off. or stay an extra shift. Or maybe enhance death bot to notices if someone is doing something bad or non-rp like someone on OOC goes "RANDOM MUGG BY *NAME HERE*" death bot says "Why did you mug them *name*" and if they lie they got booted, Yes it will take alot of coding but it would be helpful.

Last edited by Safari on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Safari
Safari
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Got an Idea? Empty My Idea.

Post by Gortan Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I beleive that to help us when the GM's go afk (which is all the time) We elect a Temporary "host" Like you suggested. They will have the ability to select roles and start the round and such. I think this is the best idea. When there is no GM online, every Three minutes or so, it should suggest a Temp Host being voted. The vote will be selected in Deathbot and it will be written in Red so no one misses it. The vote should be fair and all the Temp host selections will be kept on a Log so GM's may read it and ask if the Temp Host did a good job at doing so. That way no one will abuse the command and get away with it. Once someone abuses this command they are not allowed to be nominated until K or a GM allows them. The guide for being a temp host should be written up and a link will be given to the Temp Host so he/she can read it for reference. Also, As soon as a GM logs on, powers to the Temp Host will vanish. Yay for my first post ever!
Gortan
Gortan
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Gortan wrote:I beleive that to help us when the GM's go afk (which is all the time) We elect a Temporary "host" Like you suggested. They will have the ability to select roles and start the round and such. I think this is the best idea. When there is no GM online, every Three minutes or so, it should suggest a Temp Host being voted. The vote will be selected in Deathbot and it will be written in Red so no one misses it. The vote should be fair and all the Temp host selections will be kept on a Log so GM's may read it and ask if the Temp Host did a good job at doing so. That way no one will abuse the command and get away with it. Once someone abuses this command they are not allowed to be nominated until K or a GM allows them. The guide for being a temp host should be written up and a link will be given to the Temp Host so he/she can read it for reference. Also, As soon as a GM logs on, powers to the Temp Host will vanish. Yay for my first post ever!
But what if this "Temp host" abuses their
"Temp" powers and the coding messed up and they keep "Temp host"?
Safari
Safari
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gortan Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Safari wrote:
Gortan wrote:I beleive that to help us when the GM's go afk (which is all the time) We elect a Temporary "host" Like you suggested. They will have the ability to select roles and start the round and such. I think this is the best idea. When there is no GM online, every Three minutes or so, it should suggest a Temp Host being voted. The vote will be selected in Deathbot and it will be written in Red so no one misses it. The vote should be fair and all the Temp host selections will be kept on a Log so GM's may read it and ask if the Temp Host did a good job at doing so. That way no one will abuse the command and get away with it. Once someone abuses this command they are not allowed to be nominated until K or a GM allows them. The guide for being a temp host should be written up and a link will be given to the Temp Host so he/she can read it for reference. Also, As soon as a GM logs on, powers to the Temp Host will vanish. Yay for my first post ever!
But what if this "Temp host" abuses their
"Temp" powers and the coding messed up and they keep "Temp host"?

I'm not that good at coding, but when a GM logs on, they'll probably just have to boot the person and let them back in. It will probably work that way. I'm not sure.. I'm very dumb when it comes to script.
Gortan
Gortan
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 am

I agree with the users above me but may I suggest that you add some sort of a "afk_check() proc"? Basically after all GMs have been AFK (including world chat) for a certain period of time a pre-selected "temp_host" will be given his or her "temp-verbs".
Blue
Blue
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Sadeki Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:59 am

bokoa wrote:I agree with the users above me but may I suggest that you add some sort of a "afk_check() proc"? Basically after all GMs have been AFK (including world chat) for a certain period of time a pre-selected "temp_host" will be given his or her "temp-verbs".

Something like this could work out. You could select certain players, and code them in. This way, when a GM goes AFK / logs out, that person is given temporary verbs, such as reboot, boot, temporary ban, give roles, etc.

Ken Sadeki
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:43 pm

What if someone were to be a "selected" player and they were a abuser, or Kira chose someone else but the coding messed up and some abuser got it?
Safari
Safari
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Well the coding doesn't just "Mess up"...
Anyway, these ideas have already been looked over and the flaws have been pointed out; I don't think it's necessary to do so anymore.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Kira wrote:Well the coding doesn't just "Mess up"...
Anyway, these ideas have already been looked over and the flaws have been pointed out; I don't think it's necessary to do so anymore.
Well no offence K but theres ALWAYS a code messup wether it be by a pro coder or a new coder.
Safari
Safari
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 pm

I know that, I'm not a moron. If you read what I said as it was intended to be read, it means there aren't just random code messups that do things like that. Selecting a mob is one of the simplest codes possible, it doesn't just "mess up".

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Kira wrote:I know that, I'm not a moron. If you read what I said as it was intended to be read, it means there aren't just random code messups that do things like that. Selecting a mob is one of the simplest codes possible, it doesn't just "mess up".
I'm not trying to aruge, but what if you accidently put like (mob code) but you accidently thought of the wrong key because you were tired....
Safari
Safari
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down