DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets]

+8
Fate
Ilyo
Yuirishu Moon
W
Admin Old
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Lightness Dark
Kaibura
12 posters

Go down

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets] Empty The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets]

Post by Kaibura Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:10 am

The point of this sticky is that not every idea for a suggestion should be given its own thread alone, since it takes up so much space and effort from the admins to mop up. So why not pick a small area to mess up as much as you damn well please?
If you have any suggestions for bug fixes, updates, new concepts or items, throw them in here. I can promise you they will be read through (probably for the big monthly updates) so keep the thoughts flowing~
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets] Empty Re: The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets]

Post by Lightness Dark Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:39 am

I have a great suggestion....I will explain after I tell you what idea is...

--add a verb...the ame of the verb...Show Alias...

--Why: I think its great for RPing...and I mean think about it....you dont walk around and see peoples names and/or nicknames(Alias) above there head, or on your screen...That would stop alot of crimals, and Kira from being caught so easly...

--eXAMPLE:
Police Officer: Ok L, I will head to the restaraunt and look for suspecious activty...
Kira: Hey Matt..go watch the door, I odnt want L walking in on me...
Matt: Ok
Police office walks in...
Matt: You have to leave sir.
Police Officer: Let me look around first MATT(first mistake)
Matt: No Get the fuck out NOW!
Matt gets his knife verb ready
Police Officer: I am going to search you, if you dont let me, the you go to jail...
Matt knifes Polce office until he is almost dead
Police Officer runs to L
Police Officer:HELP L...Open up! I now who Kira is!
L: What?!
Kira: WTF....what did you do Matt?
Matt: I tried to keep him out..
Kira: Dam, we have to move fast
L(after Police officer is in L's Office and in say form): So what happened to you?
Police Officer: Matt almost killed me(PS...Matt didnt meet Police Officer before, so how does he know his name?) L, I want you to jail him...There is a high possibility that he has DN/ or is Kira...
L: Ok...
L heads to computer
Matt has been Jailed
Matt: W hat the fuck! you wasn't near me, and what did I do?! Let me out!
L:You knifed my Police Officer....
Narrorator: L now is thrown off guard and thinks Matt is Kira because of the stupid Police Officer got him jailed, and realy didn't know his name...Kira loses a follwer, but gets the heat off of him

there is alot of RP examples I could do were the Show Alias verb would help out...and stop RJing, and would also help out RP...I been in alot of those name situations were I am L, and someone tells me about this person(idk how he/she got name/alias without using the hint....So I never get to be a good L because of that....Just a good thought :face: :pig: :cheers: :bball: :afro:

Lightness Dark
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets] Empty Re: The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets]

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 am

Well, we all learned something from this.
If Zarkus makes a suggestion, it's instant approval! =D

Anyway, this is.... more cluttered.
So I will not be using this.
Knowing K, she probably won't read through twenty pages of suggestions...
Or she will, then thwap me with a stick.
But let's not get our hopes up. =D
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://www.deathnoterp.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 am

Daisuke of the Rebellion wrote:Well, we all learned something from this.
If Zarkus makes a suggestion, it's instant approval! =D

Anyway, this is.... more cluttered.
So I will not be using this.
Knowing K, she probably won't read through twenty pages of suggestions...
Or she will, then thwap me with a stick.
But let's not get our hopes up. =D
Ah, the king of invalid complaints returns to the DNO boards.
No Daisuke the Complainer, K will not be reading through this. I have no assumption that she will, however I will- rather why I made the thread in the first place, don't you think?
Besides, it's not cluttered if everyone uses a seperate post for seperate suggestion/s so you're pretty much wrong on that one. I'd much rather see this thread filled than an addtional fifty threads all titled "OMG we need more guns".
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 am

You should know, I read all the suggestions.
So, mister complainer gets +1 invalid.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:21 am

Everyone complains.
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://www.deathnoterp.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Daisuke of the Rebellion wrote:Everyone complains.

OBJECTION!

Not everyone uses invalid complaints, many of us use valid complaints!

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuirishu Moon Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:06 am

thats true
Yuirishu Moon
Yuirishu Moon
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://wwe.com

Back to top Go down

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets] Empty Bugs

Post by Ilyo Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Ight well I know its been sugested in the past quite often. But wouldn't it be nice if L could plant bugs, not like five milllion but maybe a few in certain locations. so L can hear convorsations in other rooms or be able to see what they are doing?

I think it would help hold close to the show since L does the same thing to yotsuba.
Ilyo
Ilyo
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-08-09

http://Awesome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:38 am

W wrote:
Daisuke of the Rebellion wrote:Everyone complains.

OBJECTION!

Not everyone uses invalid complaints, many of us use valid complaints!

Agreed

Fate
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets] Empty In game clock

Post by Ilyo Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:55 am

Alright, I was thinking to about things and this crossed my mind. A in game clock, this may sound odd at first but it could be quite use full. It would work like this it would be in a corner or somthing or on of the little menu lists like stats. It would give time date and what day it is example
(13:03 9/8/06 mon). It doesn't need to be military but ehh. Each day would be around ten minutes (this would almost fit reaper game time).

Uses
_____
Kira-Alright first of all kira. This could give kira the ability to have more than one person die at the exact same time, also Kira could kill so many this day so many this day.

L- L can use it to find paterns schedule meetings and such

Mello - Mello would be able to set up good prisoner release's and deals with a clock like this

St.v - Sakura T.V could set time slots for shows, and other things of sort

Other - This could be used for many other rp related things. Dates, school, courts, secret meetins and many more.

|||Edit|||
One last thought actully, giving Gm's and host's of server are able to change date and time (This would be used after L's death mostly to make it releastic when N comes in. Since he came in like seven years after the death.) Any way yeah this part really isn't as important
|||Edit|||

Please give input on the idea if you can
Ilyo
Ilyo
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

The Idea Swamp [Suggestions like Bullets] Empty Cameras for L

Post by Ilyo Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Sorry to double post, but since its a complelty diffrent and its been a day or two, so I thought it would be fine.
_________________________________________________________________________________

One thing that I have wished would changed about the cameras at L's base is that you cannot hear what people are saying. I would think that L would like to be able to hear things like that. Since we can't read lips in the game like they do on the show at certain times.

Also I think there should be a camera in L's office,I have wanted to have one in there for a while when L having W doing interviews, to watch over inside there but You can't since there are no camera's inside. Also cameras in his hotel base same reasons really to see inside when your not there but for diffrent place. Also audio on those would be nice as well as I suggested earliar in the post.
Ilyo
Ilyo
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:37 am

Ilyo wrote:Sorry to double post, but since its a complelty diffrent and its been a day or two, so I thought it would be fine.
_________________________________________________________________________________

One thing that I have wished would changed about the cameras at L's base is that you cannot hear what people are saying. I would think that L would like to be able to hear things like that. Since we can't read lips in the game like they do on the show at certain times.

Also I think there should be a camera in L's office,I have wanted to have one in there for a while when L having W doing interviews, to watch over inside there but You can't since there are no camera's inside. Also cameras in his hotel base same reasons really to see inside when your not there but for diffrent place. Also audio on those would be nice as well as I suggested earliar in the post.

I'd have to agree with this suggestion. At times when I'm L and I tell Watari to interview future Task Force members for me, I always use the cameras to watch over the interview to make sure no one is "injured" in the process of interviewing. But I find it stressing for me to watch, but not hear. It would be a good idea ... unless the cameras have a purpose in being only a visual camera without audio.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:20 pm

I was wondering if guns should really have their own shot when used. Knives have their own knifing sound, so why not guns?

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiar Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:08 pm

I had an idea that might save many players headaches...

Perhaps when a person is sent to jail, their data auto-saves -- like when you drop an item, "Your data has been saved" , do that again, to prevent people from logging out and reloading to before they were in jail, and perhaps the same when someone dies, or for when they die, their save is deleted (If possible) and it prevents people from death avoiding.... although then I suppose you wouldn't be able to reload back after an unjust RK... meh.

Needs work, but that's the basic idea.

Xiar
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:43 am

Well, here's a little suggestion.

When going to get your hair done by Misa, don't you think it's normal for the overlays not to get overlayed? I find it irritating how I have to re-wear my clothing to actually take it off according to the code's appearance.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:24 pm

I think it would be a nice idea to remove the limit to how much can be put into the emote verb.

Sure, people might try spamming it, but I'm sure the person doing it would get in trouble quickly if reported a.s.a.p.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:36 pm

W wrote:I think it would be a nice idea to remove the limit to how much can be put into the emote verb.

Sure, people might try spamming it, but I'm sure the person doing it would get in trouble quickly if reported a.s.a.p.
The server could easily be crashed if it was spammed too much. Plus, I don't see people neeeding paragraphs worth of roleplay; to me, anyway, that's very annoying to read.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganku Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:28 pm

since this topic hasnt been used in almost a year im not if this was the right place to post this, if its not you can delete it.

I was thinking maybe you could make a jail area where it caa be teleported to and we can stick random muggers and other noobs that break the smaller rules isntead of jsut booting them, since this way we can talk to them and explain them what they did wrong (if they listen) since alot of people dotn know why they get booted and then just end up doing the same thing again. ive been trying to do this with boxes in the black market building but its getting anoying when peopel run in and take it apart from the outside.
Ganku
Ganku
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Koga wrote:since this topic hasnt been used in almost a year im not if this was the right place to post this, if its not you can delete it.

I was thinking maybe you could make a jail area where it caa be teleported to and we can stick random muggers and other noobs that break the smaller rules isntead of jsut booting them, since this way we can talk to them and explain them what they did wrong (if they listen) since alot of people dotn know why they get booted and then just end up doing the same thing again. ive been trying to do this with boxes in the black market building but its getting anoying when peopel run in and take it apart from the outside.

I agree, I've actually thought about this as well. though, I use boxes at the market rather than at the black market.
Blue
Blue
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 am

I can certainly make a jail of some sort... if you'd wish to elaborate on possibly what the jail could be, like just a big empty room in the middle of nowhere, or a glass dome in the middle of the map, or an underground place with signposts that say the rules...

Would you prefer a way to timed teleport them out, they get out when they pass a quiz on the rules, you have to manually summon them out, they find their way out... Just be specific and it'll happen.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:31 am

I very much like the idea of people having to pass a quiz concerning the rules before they are set free. I think that might be the most effective way to really cement the rules into people's heads.

As for location... perhaps an underground room that is completely inaccessible from the outside; a place where only those who were sent there by an administrator would see. After they pass the quiz, perhaps a door would open up in the room, and they would have to find their way out, through a maze of some sorts?

Also, just some other food for thought: If possible, what if every new player had to take a quiz concerning the rules BEFORE their first time playing DNO? So, say, they would see the quiz in-game before they were able to create a character? I know that an overview of the rules pops up before you can create a character, but it seems like very few, if any, actually read it. A quiz might prevent having to create this jail in the first place!

(PS- I also really like the idea of the jail being a huge glass dome in the center of the map... or better yet, the center of the square, hehe. :3 )
Haku
Haku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 am

Fixing Fake IDs - I'm not too sure if whatever I did to not be able to use a Fake ID right when I tried to register it with the Black Market chick. Maybe I clicked when I wasn't supposed to, didn't see it, or perhaps it bugs whenever I get it. If it's none of these, then maybe you could make it so that I can choose whatever name I wanted, or even make it so that it prompts you to type in "blank" if you don't want a name to show up.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down