DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who actually reads the stories?

+4
Kenji Saioji
Chet
Chib
Admin Old
8 posters

Go down

Do you actually read the stories?

Who actually reads the stories? Vote_lcap17%Who actually reads the stories? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Who actually reads the stories? Vote_lcap50%Who actually reads the stories? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
Who actually reads the stories? Vote_lcap8%Who actually reads the stories? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Who actually reads the stories? Vote_lcap8%Who actually reads the stories? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Who actually reads the stories? Vote_lcap0%Who actually reads the stories? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who actually reads the stories? Vote_lcap17%Who actually reads the stories? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Who actually reads the stories? Empty Who actually reads the stories?

Post by Admin Old Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 am

I just want to take a little poll. Who actually reads the stories on the forums? I mean, every single new story front to back.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Who actually reads the stories? Empty Re: Who actually reads the stories?

Post by Chib Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 am

I used to read them all, but for whatever reason, they seem to have gone sharply down in quality recently. And the best ones are updated the least -.-".
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chet Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:42 am

A few are pretty good; so in my spare time I do choose to read some completely.
Chet
Chet
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Chib wrote:I used to read them all, but for whatever reason, they seem to have gone sharply down in quality recently. And the best ones are updated the least -.-".
I agree with you completely on this one. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Saioji Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am

I used to read the stories. For some reason, I'm not as addicted to the stories as I was before. I used to enjoy even writing my own stories-But now I fear that if I write more of my own story, it could be weird, or have a worse quality then I used to.
Kenji Saioji
Kenji Saioji
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 am

I also agree with you Kenji. I kind of want to write a story again, but I'm not going to if no ones going to read it. And I don't feel like bugging people to read it, as I see some people do now... I'd only write it if people had genuine intrest. Knowing me, I'd write some sort of murder story.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganku Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:25 am

I read most of them, but some get too long and dragged out and i give up.
Ganku
Ganku
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I kind of agree with Chib and Kenji, too. If no one reads the stories they seem like just large amounts of spam, it's mostly because people give up on their stories when they actually get good, or they come up with something better. Some stories are good, others are meh, but the point is that when people LIKE stories, the stories seem to be given up on, it makes me wonder if more then just the people that are in it will read Gaia, or even Plague of Blood, which looks to me like no one wants to read anymore, and really kills any motive for continuing them, even though I will. I mean, don't you all look at your stories then see that only the people who are in it actually comment on it, then you wonder if it's even worth continuing?
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Eijin-Suzaku Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Hell I'll read a good story it just has to be catch my attention which some haven't recently.
Eijin-Suzaku
Eijin-Suzaku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2009-03-18

http://www.myspace.com/aznlaoboi5

Back to top Go down

Post by Chib Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:03 pm

I've been considering one with an entirely original cast. Perhaps not even I would read it then.
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:11 pm

I'd read one with an original cast, it would probably change the whole shallow{if that is a proper word for it} basis of people only reading stories with them in it.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnis Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:46 pm

I read all of them for a few chapters, but if they start to seem really... low in quality... then I just lose interest... But if they're all good writers, then I can always have some sort of interest. For example, Gabe's are usually the ones I can always seem to read cover-to-cover.

As for my stories... I always seem to be writing stories that never get finished... Either I lose interest in them, or I get some writer's block and I can't write anymore without making the story turn lame, cliche, etc...
Omnis
Omnis
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://imperious-omniscension.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 pm

To be fair, all of the stories that were written in the past few months (save for one of Kenji's.) I didn't even bother reading past the first few paragraphs. No offense intended, they're just... Not good anymore. Like I said, I may start a story, but the cast won't use people's names. It'll be an original cast, just slightly influenced by some people; I think that'd make it a bit more interesting- you have to read and guess who you may be. And more importantly, I'm going to think it out before I post it... and make sure I'll be committed.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down