DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gift of Rebirth

+4
Pensuke
Ganku
Omnis
Gabe
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Gift of Rebirth - Page 4 Empty Re: The Gift of Rebirth

Post by Pensuke Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Nybol's pale eyes slowly moved themselves to Ganku, who seemed a bit confused. His fingers instinctively typed, "Les decisions n'est pas importante. C'est est que tu desire. Moi? Je auxiliaire pass, et cette importate pour maintenant. Le homme est... un pion," He then looked at the scientist. "Il aussi..." He added, resting his eyes. He began to lean on the elevator, almost recovering from the change of plans. Alright, almost there. Once I'm out of here... He smirked, and though only for a split second, he opened his eyes and it sparkled.
Pensuke
Pensuke
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganku Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 am

Ganku nodded at rose and nybols comments. Ganku had no craving for fighting or bloodshed and he trully hated the idea of being used as a pawn in a war he didnt understand. The problem was that if he had unlocked a gift wich he wasnt positive but he did feel diferent, stronger maybe, he couldnt quite put his finger on it, he wasn't willing just to give it up. It was greedy but he didnt care, if this was something he was born with no one had the right to play god and choose to take it away. He sighed and looked back at rose and said "vous avez raison , je ne veux rien à voir avec ce conflit" He looked at teh scientist and then at the rebel and said in english "You fight... i don't care". After thinking about it again he agreed taht it would be best justt to keep his head down and stay out of the way, besdies he really didnt want to fight anyone, unless tehy threatend him or people he cared about of course.
Ganku
Ganku
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 am

Rose nodded her head, happy the idea of neutrality was spreading. She knew only pain would come out of this, instead of rebelling they should face the problem directly, not kill- and it seemed clear both sides just wanted to kill. She looked at Gabe. "You seem sensible..." she said, thinking of how to explain what's next. "Help us establish a center point. Don't join that man." She pointed to the scientist, then to James. "Or that one. I mean I guess it's really up to you but if you don't wanna fight for someone who will use you..." she trailed off.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pensuke Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Nybol Ton'or listened into the conversations, trying to further observe the people here. After all, that's all he could do. Once I get up there, I have to be prepared. So learning about these people sounds best.. He looked around, and saw Rose trying to explain the situation. He frowned, and confirmed his past theory. She won't be easy to fool.. He wondered why the rebel man was still here, and why the pathetic pawn hasn't done anything. They don't care... as long as they have the gifts with visual effects- gifts that can murder or shed blood on their side- they don't care..
Pensuke
Pensuke
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Gabriel knew she had a point, he began to realize how much he felt like a pawn in all this. Though he probably noticed it when he chose a side, but then he thought over it, what real point was there to choosing a side? Both sides were going to go through bloody battles for nothing, all the wars before, even the ones before the big flash, as he was told, were of senseless violence. Gabriel began to rethink, he didn't know what to do. He wouldn't say anything, he'd probably just look like a pawn if he listened, because then he would just be doing what he had always done, follow others. A center point is probably the most independent I can get... Gabriel looked up the scientist, then to the girl, then to James. He made his decision, he didn't want to be used, he might as well have joined the center point, and obviously if it ended up being just another faction in the war, he could break away from it, so he still had choices. "You have a point..." He said, walking toward her gingerly. This is stupid...

The scientist was rather annoyed, and really just wanted to give up, but Genko's generals couldn't forgive him if he did, he knew that, they were probably watching, waiting, somewhere, he could feel it. He didn't have any greater arguments, and really didn't want to bother to do anything more. Except maybe... He thought to himself as he push on a rectangular tile in the elevator. The tile moved, revealing what looked like a magnum, but was simply upgraded from the ancient version into a much better, sturdier and faster weapon. He pulled it out and immediately aimed for the girl, losing his temper already. Wether he'd pull the trigger or not was a mystery to even himself. I just want this to be over, get these brats out of here and then leave...

James immediately pulled out his own gun at the sight of the scientist's. Though he held it aimed more offensively than he should've, he didn't look at all like he cared about the girl's safety, he looked more like he just wanted to put a bullet in the guy's head, wanting him to shut up. James forgot about the kid that wanted to join the rebellion. He motioned for him to get near James as James still kept his aim steady on the forehead of the scientist, waiting for a moment to strike.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Rose shook her head. "Go ahead, shoot me. But I dunno if you've realized.. all that will do for you is get you killed yourself." she glanced back and forth between both of them. "That goes for both of you." she shrugged. "So if my life is worth losing your own then feel free to shoot me at any time." She laughed and knew they were both selfish- they would never volunteer their own life just to pull a kamikaze.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganku Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Ganku heard what rose said but figured taunting a man who had a gun to you wasn't the smartest move especially since crossfire could hit the other kids in the room. Ganku didn't hesitate, he side stepped with a quikness he didnt realise he possesed and stood infront of rose and stared down the scientist while also blocking the rebels shot at the scientist. Ganku figured that the mans superiors wouldnt be happy if he shot one of the two students that actually passed and ganku hoped that the man's fear of his superiors was greater then his pride. After studying the gun he looked straight at the scientist and said "Sais-tu seulement comment utiliser un fusil?" as he hoped the man would be smart enough to back down.
Ganku
Ganku
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:18 pm

"Do you even know how to use a gun?" Rose translated to the scientist, knowing that he probably didn't understand a bit of French. She was unsure about the other man, though, but didn't particularly care much. "What's he doing? He's just putting himself at risk, but I guess its for a good cause... they won't shoot but quite frankly I think its time to step in." She shot glances at the others in the room then at the men, attempting to convey a message along the lines of, 'If we all get them at the same time, we can take their weapons', but it probably wasn't as clear as she had hoped.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Mattias walked over to James and said, "Put your gun down, you're smarter than that." He then walked back to Rose, "Considering nobody else is deciding to join either, I guess I'll have to be neutral for now." He looked towards James, waved at him and said, "Sorry." He looked back at Rose, "Maybe you have something going for...neutrality. I guess."
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pensuke Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Nybol shot a glance over to Rose, wondering what could be on her mind. He figured that she wasn't the type of person to observe, and rather, would take action in a situation such as this one. He looked at the scientist's weapon, figuring she was trying to point it out. Knowing that he was busy with her, he could probably sneak up on him, but the problem would be not only any security camera that would catch this, but the leader of the rebellion. He looked over at the boy beside the rebellion grunt. He's lost all reason... we can't expect help from him. As he sees Matias coming back to being neutral, he is shocked by Rose's influence. Again... annoying...
Pensuke
Pensuke
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Gabriel chuckled a bit, he saw that from the beginning Mattias was bent on the Rebellion, and now that girl chooses to be neutral, and he also does. Why does she have so much influence... He thought to himself, he found it reasonable to be neutral, he never preferred a side in the first place. Gabriel would look at the two men holding guns, he thought about something, but it was risky. Maybe... if we pretend to join their sides, we can take the guns and bring the command to us... He looked back at the door, he didn't know how much time there was before some backup would get here. Gabriel then thought for a moment, whispering it was too risky, he only wished he could send a message out to everyone. He had an idea, but it had a slim chance of working. He stepped backward and raised his arms to the back of his head in a relaxed position. "Maybe we should join these guys, they have worthy causes..." He put on a 'go along with it' face as he spoke, hoping his own message could get out to everyone. Then glancing at both guns quickly, to make the message more clear.

The scientist wasn't gonna shoot, but how long could this deadlock go on? There had to be something, either way, if he shot the girl, he was going to die, but how could he trust the grunt not to shoot him? The rebellion have been worse. He looked at Gabriel. A kid with sense, depending on the side he joined, but just a moment ago he was in neutrality. What's going on...? The scientist thought as he kept the gun steady, and moved it from the girl, to James. Aiming, he put a smirk on his face, he knew if he shot fast enough he could hit James. The only problem was, would James call the bluff?

James saw that the scientist moved his gun aim to him, and chuckled, he knew he would no doubt shoot. If a kid were caught in the crossfire, Boss would kill me.... Thinking this, he tried to figure out a way to get the kids out of the way, he needed them to join a side and get out of the room already, if any casualties, there should be just one. He saw Gabriel and knew that this neutrality might end soon. "He's got a point, if 'yer neutral you'll just get caught in a crossfire, that is..." He grinned, looking at this enemy. "...if someone decides to shoot." He would hold the gun firmly, he knew what was stopping him from shooting, but what was stopping him? There's something wrong with this, I bet he won't even shoot...
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Mattias looked at James and winked, he'd always have a soft spot for the rebellion, he'd help them...but not yet..."Well, if you're so concerned with the crossfire...don't aim at us." He looked at James, and then to the scientist. "Unless neither of you actually WANT to shoot, then put your guns down. You don't HAVE to act like you're going to hurt somebody."
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pensuke Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 pm

Nybol rolled his eyes, a bit tired at how everyone was acting. This is not acting class. I will not presume a pre-determined role, nor will I be in a warm up. He focused on the scientist and the way he was standing. Casually, Nybol walked up to the scientist with a confused look on his face. Seven seconds, initiate. After six seconds, the boy smirked evilly as he stared at the scientist, raising his foot about half a yard high before slamming it towards the scientist's foot. He narrowed his eyes, waiting for someone else to take charge.
Pensuke
Pensuke
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganku Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Ganku who was still standing infront of the scientist was half amused and half suprised by his friends sudden action. Ganku was also slightly irritade since if the mans gun would of went off it might of hit him. Ganku quickly used his right arm to grab the scientists han and drag it downwards to make sure teh gun was pointed at the floor, then he used his other arm to slam his elbow in to the scientist ribcage and was suprised and was suprised at the amount of force he was able to deliver, adreneline he figured.
Ganku
Ganku
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:29 am

Mattias quietly watched Ganku and Nybol take out the scientist. He then looked at Gabriel, smiled in a cynical fashion, and cocked his head towards James. "How about it?" he asked in a strangely casual fashion. He then began to roll up his sleeves, awaiting Gabriels answer, and would follow suit should he attempt to take down the grunt first. (So you don't have to rp waiting for me.)
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 am

Gabriel looked forward at the scientist being taken down, this was a bit more violent and louder than he expected, but what could you do? He shook his head as he saw Mattias head toward the grunt and gave a 'why not?' look as he moved as quietly as he could, With all the commotion however, this trigger happy James would probably shoot... gotta be careful. He would try to be quiet and stealthy, but he knew it was going to be difficult, even though he wasn't much of a fighter, he tried it anyway. He grabbed forward, trying to get a hold of the man's wrist, then sweeping his right leg, hoping for a forceful attack.

The scientist gasped a bit, the sudden attacks being quite painful to him, he tried as desperately as he could not to drop the gun, but his age betrayed him, he was too old to participate in fights, he lost grip of the gun and it landed on the ground, in an attempt to save himself, however, he used his uninjured foot to kick away the gun, still being unsuccessful, as it landed only a meter away. Cursing himself, he tried to throw the other off of him, but he knew he was overwhelmed.

James felt Gabriel grab his wrist and immediately reacted, he flicked his wrist in the same direction in an effort to throw him off his balance. "I've been fighting since before you were born, kid!" he shouted as he glanced immediately at Gabriel the gun however, he had forgotten about for a moment and almost lost his grip on it, the gun fell into his other hand as pushed against Gabriel with his free hand. He knew his boss would kill him if he injured the kids, so he decided to stay defensive when he pushed.

Gabriel fell back, not able to complete the sweep with his leg, James was overwhelming him, he had to do something, but he didn't know what. He didn't have any idea, the gun the scientist dropped was too far away to reach for, so Gabriel just did what he could and grabbed back onto James' wrist, holding it firmly and trying to trap him, wether he could land an attack or not was a question left to be answered.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Mattias looked at the scientists gun in all the commotion, sprinted at it, and cocked it. He then aimed it at James, "Come on now. Put your gun down." he said, still not even sure if the gun he had was loaded. "You can't fight agianst lead James. Now drop your gun, and put your hands in the air." He smiled at the last part of his sentence, he felt somewhat like a police officer.
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pensuke Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Nybol moved away from the scientist, slowly backing up. He then look at James, and typed in, "Why are you even here?" He wasn't looking for the obvious answer, he was looking more for the reasoning behind this choice of location, and whether or not James even knew about what gifts they had. "What would we gain from even helping your petty cause?" Nybol typed slowly, with the voice box behind him. He narrowed his eyes, and then disgustingly looked at the scientist, both pawns standing in front of him, both weak to even do anything against kids.
Pensuke
Pensuke
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:03 pm

James was much more annoyed now, he had a gun pointed to him by a kid. He looked at the one that called the cause petty. "Do you think people should be judged on whether or not they keep something that they were born with? Something that made them special? Do you think that people should have to stand by and watch while these guys take something that might as well be an entire chunk of them?" He asked the kid, James remembered why he worked for this cause, his own gift had been stripped away, before he could even realize what it was. He remembered now why he was doing this, and the reasons for everything. He suddenly stopped and turned to everyone, glancing toward them. "I'm not going to fight." He said. He knew he couldn't battle them, not a matter of weakness, and he knew what would happen if he left them here...

What James had said meant nothing to him. He had heard it so many times before, the scientist was ready to give up, but he wouldn't admit it, he couldn't struggle anyway. I need to get out... Then an idea sparked in his head, he would look for the most vulnerable, the one who had the mind that was easiest to manipulate, looking around the room, he assumed they were Gabriel, Mattias, and maybe the Omnis kid, but one thing was certain, the girl, Rose, was going to be a problem, obviously being one of the few in the group thinking for herself. He took this as information and would bring it to his boss, information that could probably help defeat the rebellion from the inside, or not, but there was a high chance of success, considering the reactions from the kids when the girl decided to be neutral. He let grin show on his face for a bout a second before trying to struggle against them.

Gabriel heard what James said, but his mind was locked, locked up, he couldn't think of what to do, he felt like following someone now, he needed someone to guide him, making decisions was tiring, he just wanted to do the right thing, but what was right? "What..." he began as he stepped back from James. "Is right?" He muttered out, then looked across just going to take examples from everyone's reaction, he wasn't sure it was the thing he should've done, but he didn't care all the same.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Rose smirked and watched the fight unfold. She didn't think such a small move on her part would be able to sway this into a full on battle but she was proud of what had happened. She looked at both sides and sighed. She knew one thing, from when she was in that pod- that the scientist was up to no good. But she also knew at the same time that neither was the rebellion, and this man was handling the situation all wrong. "The scientist would steal what we have, but the man would only use what we had for his own gain. It's pathetic." She stepped back and looked at the situation. The scientist was taken care of and wouldn't be a threat but she was unsure about James.

"You're all bluffing." she said after a rather long few moments of thinking. "So put down the guns. Everyone." She pointed at James. "This man, no matter how 'pure' his intentions may seem, is no better than that one." She pointed to the scientist. "You may all hold your own opinions and think what you want, and I respect that, but by taking sides you're just choosing who to be used by... Why should we even have to be used? It's something we have that can develop on our own."

"Instead of being used as a weapon for war, or a lab rat, we can go off on our own, and take charge like that. If we want to fight, we can fight- but we'll fight for us, not for an army that will treat us like every other soldier. If we want to sit back and watch and develop our powers, we can do that too, without being experimented on." She then stepped back again and watched, and sighed. She hated having to speak a lot but she had the feeling she'd have to break her habit of staying quiet to communicate any ideas here.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Mattias thought about Gabriel and Rose's words. He shifted his aim from James to the scientist, and he said "Doing what is right...If we knew what was right, we wouldn't be having such a confrontation. If anyone knew what was right, we wouldn't have war, or an oppressed population, or people who believe they can control the talents of others." He looked from James to the scientist, "I'm really tired of both of you and the way you try to reach your goals. I respect that of the rebellion, but I don't appreciate the way you go about it. As for the Genko regime....Well I just don't like you at all." He walked up to the scientist, but still keeping enough distance so the old man couldn't try anything stupid, like take his gun. "Old man, if I could kill you, without practically killing myself and everyone here with me, believe me, I would. That's how I, and a huge amount of people I'm sure feel about you. I hope you're proud of what you've done." Mattias walked back towards the boy named Gabriel. He stood there, his face devoid of any anger, he looked very much like that of stone. He stared at the scientist, he didn't say anything. He just stared at him.
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:58 pm

James began to understand what the girl said. "Everyone who has a gift, or at least the ones accounted for... have taken a stimulant to allow it to grow faster than normally, no soldier in either the rebellion, or Genko's league has a natural gift." He decided to throw that out there. "You're right, even though these are huge sides, I'm still just a pawn, and I have been for years, and so has he..." He looked toward everyone in the room. "...but if I'm a pawn, then I'll stay one. I'm meant to die here, I know it, I'm going to defy my bosses orders..." He then took out the same orb like object he used to get in. "...and destroy the testing building." He then brought out something else, it looked like a smaller, silvery orb. "This is the key to starting up a vehicle made by the rebellion a bit ago, it can fly, and it has an auto-pilot, so you should be fine, it responds to voice, so just tell it where to go. If you kids want to be neutral, be at least wary of what you're getting into, the rebellion and Genko's army are nothing to joke with, they'll kill." He laughed at himself a bit. "Look at me, talkin' about the army I'm in like that. Anyway, if you kids want out, go, the vehicle's not supposed to give off any radar, so not the rebellion, the army, or some kid will find you unless you're spotted. Remember, they'll stop at nothing to have what you could have, either side." He wondered why he was so calm about them not joining, at first it was his job, now he didn't care. "Oh well..." he said as he had the key in one hand, reaching toward the kids, and in the other he had the device, which he knew had many different uses, one of them being an excellent bomb.

The scientist began to call out. "Don't listen to him! The rebellion is just full of animals, you can't trust them!" He had to get them from leaving, long enough for the soldiers at Genko to realize that the testing is going on too long. "Just stay here, there's still time to work this out!" He tried to struggle, and pulled back, retracting his right arm which left him in an uncomfortable position in pain. "Don't!" Was all he said, he didn't have very persuasive arguments. "Think of what Genko could give you, you could get just about anything you want!" He was now promising things that in any other situation would've been insanity to promise. He didn't have much else to say, so he awaited a response.

Gabriel looked at the keys, then looked at the orb, then to the scientist, he didn't know what he should do, but taking the vehicle sounded best now, it was probably one of the only ways he could get out of there, he waited though, for someone else to make a decision, since he didn't want to be completely alone on the matter. Glancing at everyone quickly, studying how they were taking this in, Gabriel began to wonder what would happen to them if they left. Surely if they left they would be chased down, but they could hold their own, and they didn't have to choose a side. "Where would we even go?" He asked aloud, and waited for a response.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnis Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Omnis was the first to answer Gabe, after being unusually quiet for a while, "Well, there's only one vehicle, we'd all have to settle with the same destination..." He sighed, "We'd all have to go together for a while..." He didn't really like the idea, but given the situation, there wasn't much of a choice. He noticed the scientist's expression, and caught on, "And we might want to hurry... I assume that the testing was supposed to end at a certain time, and I'm sure that we're a bit late." He moved quickly to James' position and took the small silvery orb, "We should all hurry and get away from here." He looked at all the other teenagers seriously for the first time.
Omnis
Omnis
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://imperious-omniscension.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Rose walked up to Omnis and took the keys out of his hand. "Thank you." She said, obviously not trusting of the child. She began to walk towards the door but stopped and looked at Gabriel. "Two options- home, or a new home. Everyone has the option if they'd like to go home and continue their lives, or we could make our own home- a new home. I have a few ideas on how to make that happen but it's up to you guys."

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Gabriel couldn't go back home, he loved his family, but Dimo was boring and horrible in his opinion. "I say a new home, don't know about everyone else, but I'm not interested in going back." He looked around at the others, hoping they felt the same, he didn't understand what would happen if he didn't choose home, but quite frankly, he also didn't care.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next