DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Stories

Go down

True Stories Empty True Stories

Post by Haku Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 am

Quite some time ago, I took a mandatory writing class. One of the first assignments we were given was to write a narrative, approximately half a page in length, about a true, recent event we had experienced. Just thought I'd share it here, with all of you. I hope you like it!

Names and locations have been changed.

I was unusually exhausted one particular October morning, no doubt due to rehearsal ending later than usual the previous night, but found it easy to focus on the positive and exciting things I would be doing that day. Right away I thought about who I was with and where I was going and my mood was immediately lifted. I was on my way to my favorite period of the day, walking briskly along the path to the Music and Arts Center with my roommate Rebecca, and we were having a spirited conversation as usual. It was a pleasant and cool morning, one that only autumn can bring, and leaves were strewn about the ground; Rebecca and I decided to make a game of stepping on those that looked particularly deliciously crunchy.

I soon spotted an absolutely beautiful specimen a few meters in front of me, seemingly calling my name. I bounded forward anxiously, the grin on my face matched in enthusiasm only by my abundant laughter.

Suddenly, from within the murky depths of shrubbery that lined the path, a squirrel launched itself at my face, catching me of guard and causing me to fall backwards screeching at the top of my lungs. Not only did the devilish rodent proceed to squawk at me, it also felt that it should run a lap around my legs, as if delighted that it, at not even a tenth of my size, could cause me such terror. As it ran off to the side of the path, leaving me there to recover from the convulsion it gave me, Rebecca stood clutching her sides, bent over in laughter, her reaction, thankfully, by far the most extreme of the many who were there to observe the scene; all of the other passersby simply tried their best to stifle their laughter as they quickly strode by, no doubt as delighted by my humorous misfortune as the little squirrel must have been.
Haku
Haku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down