DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Winter Time

Go down

My Winter Time Empty My Winter Time

Post by Eijin-Suzaku Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 pm

( A longer story. I haven't done in a while, but I felt this story should be told right. A story that should last until the beginning of winter break.)

Chapter 1 - Sukiyaki

My light blue scarf flows in the air as my hand is left hand is holding onto it. I watch down at the kids as ice skate on thick ice. The snow gently falls and my hair as black as my long coat get's lighter every time a single snow flake falls. My gloves kept my hands warm, but my skin was pale and cold. My long black hair that touched my shoulders dripped with melting snowflakes, but stayed cold. I enjoyed isolation, but with a sense of warmheartedness. All that disappears when I go to work after school. I'm a waiter who works at some fancy restaurant. Instead of hearing the happy laughter's of the people on the ice or the people enjoying their lives, I hear the reality and the complaints of life. I serve people with a smile, but they serve me with a sense of dislike. Why? I haven't done anything to them. I guess my point of view is a little one sided, but that's how I feel, and I am sure my co-workers as well. The restaurant was about 3 stories high on top of large hotel. "Yiru! Come get these orders! I'm going on break!" The familiar voice of Kenji called out to me. I quickly replied, "I'll be right there." Kenji goes to the same school I do and calls me Yiru when my name is actually Yiruji Tadao. He was always a good friend even if we didn't speak to each other that much, yet there would be that moment we would rely on each other. That's when I guess we show our friendship other than that I hardly speak to him at school. I have friends at school, but after school I don't go with them anywhere. A few hours pass by as I get plates and serve people. I look down at my wrist watch and noticed my shift was up about 30 minutes ago, I guess I was to into the repetitive motion's. I put my black coat on and my scarf and headed out of the hotel after waving to the other co-workers.

"It's already 9 P.M ? *Sigh* I'll be home late.. parents are going to kill me." I always thought that, but I live alone. I scratched my head and said, "Might as well take the long way home.." Slowly I picked up my feet to walk over the snow on the sidewalk. The street lights blinked, but were bright enough to see ahead. A small stand that sold teriyaki on a stick always stood a block away from the hotel. Usually I would stop and eat there with the old man serving me, but this time around was a little different. Instead of the usual old man serving me it was a younger girl around my age maybe even a little younger. Instead of saying, "The usual please." I went on and bowed my head greeting her as I sat down. She bowed back to me politely and served me hot tea. I was a little bit discomforted since.. I acted a different way when the old man was here, but It was nice having her serve me tea. That's when her words and mine collided saying it at the exact same time.

"What would you like?-"
"A box of Ter-"

She quickly nodded her head and replied, "Coming right up.." Her voice wasn't to loud or soft, but like mine.. It was clear. All I could do was nod and wait for the Teriyaki chicken to be ready. I waited several minutes when the only sound was the street lights twinkling. I looked down at my wrist watch and it was already 10:46 P.M.. I would've felt bad for leaving, but I really had to go. That's when I thought I don't have anyone to see at home. Finally she spoke some words after long silence, "They're.. done. A little burnt.." I replied, "Thankyou.." I grabbed the box and left money on the counter as I walked away. I turned my head back and it seemed like I was the last customer since she was closing down.

Finally I was in front of what looked like a abandoned apartment building, but many were living there. Noisy and such I stepped in and walked up to my room. My room number was "711" That's probably the only thing I liked about my room besides the bed. I opened my room door and saw that everything was still as it was this morning my walls are white and empty, my T.V is small but reliable, and my bed was still messy. Quickly I removed my scarf and jacket and saw sat down on my bed. As I opened the box of Teriyaki I noticed.. When she said burnt she was not lying.. They were as black as coal. I set them aside and turned on the T.V to see what was on the news. They usually had the same subject, but this time it was something about the weather and how it was going to be cold for a while one of the scientists said something about, "If the blah blah blah went down to low than many weather changes may happen." I switched it and a very hateful.. And I mean hateful commercial came on showing nicely grilled Teriyaki chicken served on top of white rice. My stomach began to growl, so I had no choice but to eat the "coal." I took one of the burnt chicken and went in for a bite. Astonishingly.. It wasn't so bad it was actually the best burnt Teriyaki chicken I've ever had.. well considering it was my first time. I enjoyed the meal and the fact that it was made by a women felt good. It wasn't that she was pretty or anything, it's just I've knew my mother or father so.. It's I never had a cooked meal from a women figure. So.. This meal was in some ways special. That's when the apartment shook a little It caught me off guard, so I looked out the window. Everything seemed fine, so I shrugged if off and went to bed after finishing the chicken.

In my dreams it would always be a nice summer or winter with the wind or the snowflakes coming down gently. Instead I was greeted with a blizzard I felt so unbearably cold, but I knew this was a dream. For some odd reason everything was in ruins.. It was frightening. Everything was frozen the hotel and my school. Everything, but the chicken stand it looked like the warmest place to be. So naturally I walked to it and noticed that very same girl serving me tea. I took notice of what she looked like.. She had winter beanie on and her hair was waved to the left, but curled upwards and was of a dark shade, her eyes were a dark blue, her skin was like mine pale from the cold but had red cheeks. In my dreams the blizzard suddenly ripped the stand from the ground that's when I woke up in the middle of the night breathing heavily. I went to the window again and saw that it was still peaceful. I looked at my alarm clock and it was 2 AM.. I needed to get some sleep. My room was dark and the reason why I was so cold in my dreams was cause I left the window before I left to go to school this morning. Quickly, I shut it and hurried back to bed and slowly enough I fell back to my dreams of the cold winter where the blizzard wind was enough to rip building's apart.

End Of Chapter 1
Ending Song - Gackt Seki Ray

Author's Comment - I hope you enjoyed the introduction to this story! This is part of the story that will be going to NaNoWriMo website. If you haven't noticed this story will have action, but a different type from fighting and such.
Eijin-Suzaku
Eijin-Suzaku
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2009-03-18

http://www.myspace.com/aznlaoboi5

Back to top Go down