DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pros and Roles

+3
Kaibura
W
Daisuke of the Rebellion
7 posters

Go down

Pros and Roles Empty Pros and Roles

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:09 am

I was playing the World Ends With You RP thing and Zarkus wanted Lelouch to have L...
My friend, Kazo, was the host and picked me instead. I'm the least pro'iest Pro.
I got sorta pissed.. Whenever I'm in a game, if Lelouch or W are there they automatically get whatever they want because of their 'Pro', or 'Best Players' status. It PISSES me off.

So, I think that when One of the best pros are in a game, they shouldn't automatically get their role of choice. Give the other players a chance. e.e
Jesus.
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://www.deathnoterp.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Pros and Roles Empty Re: Pros and Roles

Post by W Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:49 am

Well, forgive me for being such a good RPer. You know I turn down a lot of the good roles a lot of the times, such as being N and Shinigami. It's not always like that. Lelouch sometimes doesn't want to be L, neither to do I.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 am

Well, W, you usually don't.. uh... yeah, you turn down roles a lotish, I'm not saying JUST you and Lelouch. e.e
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm

E wrote:Well, W, you usually don't.. uh... yeah, you turn down roles a lotish, I'm not saying JUST you and Lelouch. e.e

Well if we do the role picking by vote and the community picks one of the elite roleplayers, then what is there to argue about? It's just the community trusts the pro's more for their ... proness.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:15 pm

I hate to sound pompous but frankly there isn't much other way of saying this...personally, and from those who have experienced my company in the more in-depth role-plays, I consider myself quite a good RP player. I know, shove modesty out the window why don't I...but I can also say that these people regarded as 'top players' have also earned their role. It is really a matter of what you would want more- a more democratic RP with a high potential cock-up from newbie or noob players, or a slightly one-sided affair that most of those involved would enjoy. I myself hope to partake in more roles, since I've been Shinigami about seven times since my first try about three days back...
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Lampurouge Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 pm

The problem with "Noobs" and "Newbs" getting major roles is this:

L:Well Everyone...hey whats that you have in your hnads? -notices a black line on someoen-

Kira in disguise:It's nothing

L:let me search you

KID:No!

L:AHA! YOUR KIRA! -jail-

{This is sohut now}

KID:OMG WTF DID I DO?

L:U HAZ THE DEATHNOTE!!! YOU ARE KIRA!!!!

KID:WTF?! DOOD I DONT HAS A DN!!! LET ME OUT!

L: HOST I COT KIRA!!! IS TH3 RODUN OBER NAO?
Lelouch Lampurouge
Lelouch Lampurouge
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by La Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Lelouch! that o-ffends me Sir. I challenge you to a Du-el. *slaps lelouch*, but ye. that happens a hella-lot. Still I can see why you're angry that Lelouch gets picked as L a lot but thats because we know he wont piss everyone who RPs in the game off. If that happens again be grateful that you can Rp as whatever else you want. Once I didn't get a role and I Rped as a rapist, doesn't that sound fun? :lol:
La
La
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/brandoolio

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 pm

La wrote:Lelouch! that o-ffends me Sir. I challenge you to a Du-el. *slaps lelouch*, but ye. that happens a hella-lot. Still I can see why you're angry that Lelouch gets picked as L a lot but thats because we know he wont piss everyone who RPs in the game off. If that happens again be grateful that you can Rp as whatever else you want. Once I didn't get a role and I Rped as a rapist, doesn't that sound fun? :lol:
(Touch off topic) That wasn't the rapist who mentally scarred me was it La? -_-
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:22 am

It's just the more experienced roleplayers usually get the role done properly. Usually newer players playing as L tend to die more quickly and sometimes don't announce when they are supposed to. Once a new N announced when L was still announcing after the deaths of several criminals. So, you see, having newer players on important roles can be stressful for a host unless the host knows most of the good roleplayers. Hosts usually use the old voting process instead of randomly giving out roles nowadays. Voting usually picks the more experienced players, and sometimes the experienced players do not get picked at all. Look at me - I wasn't voted but a noob L was voted once. Just like what Lelouch said, his words are pointing towards the right reason.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I know what you mean. Perhaps host your own server where it's more "Fair" in your opinion? Or get a friend to?

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 am

Near wrote:I know what you mean. Perhaps host your own server where it's more "Fair" in your opinion? Or get a friend to?
Yeeeeeaaaahhhh.... uh...

I've tried hosting and JESUS it does NOT work for me.
Whenever someone logs in, after they're done making their character they get disconnected and this error thing appears in chat. I've only had one guy able to log onto my server, and I forgot his alias.
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by La Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

Then just be patient and wait until you're L? You'll get it eventually but being L or Kira isn't all that great in my oppinion. Its the secondary roles who can have more fun. Like matsuda not being a main character yet shooting Light so so so much!
La
La
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/brandoolio

Back to top Go down

Post by kokopuffs591 Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:33 am

Even when lelouch is in the game im able to get roles even when W is in the game as well. =/ you just nered to show you can be awesome in the last game and chances are youll get what you want. Also this shouldnt go in suggestions it should be in DNO general
kokopuffs591
kokopuffs591
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down