DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reaper's game.

+6
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Sendo
W
kokopuffs591
Kaibura
Nightmare Zarkus
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Reaper's game. Empty The Reaper's game.

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 pm

The World Ends With You

This is not so much an individual game as an extension of the existing game, As such it follows it’s own rules and obligations, while still following the path of the standard Death Note Rp.
Based on the popular cult DS game, The World Ends With You (a.k.a ‘It’s A Wonderful life’) follows the same ideals- though do not fear if you’ve never played this, for the rules and roles shall be explained right here on this Game Page.

The Game can be initiated by any DNO GM at the start of an Rp. That said, the actual involvement of TWEWY into the Rp will not commence until L has been introduced following Kira’s initial killings, or the in-game equivalent of that current role-play.

The GM that initiates the 'Reapers Game’(the term used for the TWEWY game) becomes the ‘Composer’ and basically acts as the in-game ‘God’ who overlooks all the events in the Rp. He also has the power to assume any role in the actual game that they see as necessary, which will often be used to speak to players directly. They also have the power to delete any persons that threatens to ruin the game, or any players that ‘lose’ the Game itself.

From the start of the Reapers Game both L and Kira have a total of 70 minutes ( 7 in-game days) to defeat one another. No other character than these two and the Composer initially has any awareness of the Reapers Game- so people in the street will not realize what is happening. Only those who are directly told by players and the Composer may acknowledge the Game for what it is. The Composer may also, if he so chooses, select a ‘Game Master’ (Not a DNO GM, but a TWEWY Game Master) to act as his subordinate in the Rp. This GM will watch over events and try to keep order, and can often be used as a messenger for the Composer. It is not unusual for the Game Master to issue challenges for the players, which is something that only he may do.

An example of a Game Master challenge: “Kira must kill XXX person in two days.”
If a player fails to achieve a mission set by the Game Master then the Composer has the right to remove them from the game entirely (Deletion).

To aid the flow of the Game's time system a Sakura TV broadcaster may also be issued as a way of announcing when a new day has begun, a certain important Game Event has occured, or when there is a present danger toward the players i.e. The Mafia have the Death Note.

When the game begins, or at any point until the seventh day, the Composer may assign ‘Reapers’ to support him, these Reaper’s are under the command of himself and the Game Master and fill the ‘hands-on’ role of making the Missions set by the Game Master (or the Composer if none is present) harder to achieve by whatever means their superiors decide on. When the seventh day arrives (60 minutes in) the Reaper’s Game enters its final stage in which the Reaper’s may kill (by means of the issued Death Note pieces) any characters other than the two main players. Note that the Composer may issue a maximum number of players to be killed by this means- any more and the killings will be seen as against the Composer’s will and thus be punishable.

Any killing done by a Reaper must use the cause “Reaper.”

Up until the seventh day the Reaper’s appear to be normal characters who are actually working on the orders of the Composer/GM but on the last day can be transformed into Shinigami by the Composer's request in order to initiate the ‘Last Stage’ where Reaper’s may kill. However they may not under any circumstance drop the Death Note or any pieces, otherwise they will be deleted from the Game along with anyone who may have taken/used these illegal notes.

The point of the Reapers Game is for Kira and L to attempt victory, which is awarded until the following circumstances along with the allocated ‘points’ which will be posted in the Game Page.

Failure for L:
Death
Five minutes pass after the entire Task Force is destroyed.
The Mafia holds the Death Note for a whole 20 minutes.
L doesn't make any vocal moves 4 days after Kira starts killing actively.

Failure for Kira:
Death
Kira is in jail when the 70 minute time period has expired.
The Mafia holds the Death Note for a whole 20 minutes.

If Kira receives the Shinigami eyes then all of his time limits are halved, effectively making him twice as vulnerable. In this case, L will also receive an additional five minutes to rebuild the task force, bringing the total to one whole day before he is announced as defeated.

If a Second Kira exists (which must be announced when the first dies- or else included in the initial role selection process) then L will have a total of 30 minutes (three days) after the defeat of the first Kira to discover them. If this is achieved then the Second Kira is defeated and L wins the game. Even if L fails to discover the Second Kira, which would mean he has lost, the first Kira still fails and faces erasure.

If Kira defeats L then he has the following options available:
Give up the Death Note and claim his own victory and point totals over L. (If this is the case then it is up to his successor to defeat N- the successor is chosen by the Composer or GM)
Keep the Death Note and strive to defeat N (Unlike Second Kira N is chosen by L)

L may not announce victory after defeating the first Kira and must continue to play the Reaper's Game until death or victory.

In either of these cases both the new competitors have the same 70 minute timer.
In the case that the Game’s timer has run dry and nobody has won- both players lose.

If the Mafia takes the Death Note then a timing of 20 minutes (2 days) begins. If the Mafia still holds the Death Note at the end of the countdown, then both the players lose. Points are awarded to the Mafia simply for obtaining the Death Note, with an extension of points awarded for holding it for the full 20 minutes.

The following are the conditions under which certain points are applied:

L defeats the first Kira: L gains 10 points, the living Task Force members gain 5 points each.

Kira defeats L: Kira gains 20 points, Second Kira/Assistant gains 1 point for every ‘day’ they were involved in the RP. 10 points if this was the entire game.

First Kira defeats N: 50 points, not adding the L defeat score.

Successor Kira defeats N: 20 points.

N defeats Kira: 10 points, each SPK gains 5 points.

N defeats Second Kira: 20 points, SPK gains 10 points each.

Second Kira defeats L: 20 points.

L defeats Second Kira: 50 points
First person to win this bonus: Kaibura

Mafia obtains the Death Note: 10 points for leader, 5 points to each mafia member.

Mafia holds the Death Note a full 20 minutes/until time is up: 30 points for leader, 10 for each member.

If a reaper's game ends in a tie without the timer running out, both players get the amount of points they would've if they had won.

Point totals will be added to the Game Page after the round has ended. Note however that if the players were inadequate in the eyes of the Composer, then all scores are invalid.

If one ‘side’ of the players does something that the Composer considers either threatening to the well being of the Reaper’s Game or otherwise irresponsible on their part, then the lead of the opposing team will be awarded 5 additional points- and an erasure penalty shall be inflicted if the Composer believes it necessary. These offences include:
Kira killing L with a white mask on
Kira camping in black areas
L jailing Kira at random
L camping in his office

Please remember that this is a role-play and thus any action must have a reason. Random killing and attacking or major infraction of any sort are completely frowned upon and will most likely be followed with a ban.

It is important to note that the Composer has complete and total control over the course of the RP to an extent allowed by the host. His/her decisions are final and cannot be challenged except by another GM.

The player scores shall be listed below- along with the current top player.

Current Scores:
Sabaku no Kira (K): Infinite, because she created the god damn game. But I digress. She hasn't played the RG yet.
Zarkus/doomsday55: 335 points
ZombieGenesis: 110 points
Wolfdude5 (W): 95 points
Meesha: 90 points
Near Joker: 70 points
Sasuke-chan: 45 Points
Skiptag:40 points.
Kokopuffs591: 40 points
Darkpulse: 30 points.
BrokenWingedKillerDevil: 30 points
Dedyomix: 20 points
yoyoyoboy: 20 points
Miere: 20 points
Masked_Hunter1825: 20 points
Ahmed Elborolosy: 10 points
Plo44: 15 points
Fukushi:10 Points
Koolkyle19: 10 points
Huttsean1: 10 points.
Kurosakiviking: 5
Ishito: 5
Fukushi:10 Points
Matt(Ganku): 5 Points
Moki Takara: 5 Points
Bladethe1: 5 points
Illyo: 5 points

Top Player:
Zarkus/doomsday55

~Special thanks to Kaibura for the updated format

Last edited by Zarkus on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:50 pm; edited 45 times in total
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

The Reaper's game. Empty Re: The Reaper's game.

Post by Kaibura Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 pm

I do love The World Ends With You and I hope to play your Reapers Game- though I also hope I am not erased...Keep in mind the Reapers and the role of the GameMaster (Not Composer- his subbordinate) if you choose to add those, I think they could add alot of fun to an Rp of this kind.
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Today, since L was obviously an idiot, the server randomly shut down, and there were only 20 minutes left, Ishiro and KurosakiViking each obtain 5 points for being kira.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Post comments here, btw
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by kokopuffs591 Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:47 pm

I wanna play it I make an Excellent Mikami and an Excellent Watari. I can do the original role extremely well but no one wants to see me shine D: Except as kira.T_T thats why i couldnt be in that fawking L poll T_T
EXCELLENT Idea though I love It Make the dude whos always on as a GM Make it happen :affraid:
kokopuffs591
kokopuffs591
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:48 pm

I missed that RP today.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 pm

kokopuffs591 wrote:I wanna play it I make an Excellent Mikami and an Excellent Watari. I can do the original role extremely well but no one wants to see me shine D: Except as kira.T_T thats why i couldnt be in that fawking L poll T_T
EXCELLENT Idea though I love It Make the dude whos always on as a GM Make it happen :affraid:
You mean me? XDDDD
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sendo Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:38 am

I want to try this when I get the time.. o.o
Sendo
Sendo
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kokopuffs591 Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Zarkus wrote:
kokopuffs591 wrote:I wanna play it I make an Excellent Mikami and an Excellent Watari. I can do the original role extremely well but no one wants to see me shine D: Except as kira.T_T thats why i couldnt be in that fawking L poll T_T
You mean me? XDDDD
Yes you Do it mind slave!
kokopuffs591
kokopuffs591
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Updated format.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Lelouche hosted a world ends with you game last night. But he didn't update the points here on forum.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Just tell me who won, I guess.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:28 am

The Reaper's Game tonight finished and I have the point additions.

Note that L left on the sixth day without picking an N as the rules state, and since nobody took the place, L's side lost.

Lelouche - 20 Points (For winning as Kira)
Fukushi - 10 Points (As head of mafia- as they managed to obtain Death Note)
Matt(Ganku) - 5 Points (Mafia Member)
Moki Takara - 5 Points (Mafia Member)

I'm going by the names they used in the Rp so...
Well that's the result. I enjoyed being Game Master (and Shinigami- as we never found a new one...)
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:05 am

..Why does K have 'LEET' points...?
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://www.deathnoterp.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:05 am

By the way, did I get erased?
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:52 am

E wrote:..Why does K have 'LEET' points...?

K is the owner, so she gets l33t0rz points. Of course the owner deserves all those points for making such a fun game.

Playing the Reaper's game is quite a good way to add style into the game. The old "unlimited time" shouldn't always be the only type of RP out there. Think of it as your real life-span, only in-game if you are an important role.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke of the Rebellion Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

I need to know if I'm erased cuz I HAD to log out.
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Daisuke of the Rebellion
Tier 4
Tier 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:36 am

Do not fear E. Being erased does not mean permanently from future games, it merely means from within the current game that was taking place. For example, if L has lost all his Task Force and not been able to replace them, he would be 'erased' from the Reaper's Game and effectively lose. You're still very welcome to play in future games.
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by kokopuffs591 Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:47 am

Kokopuffs591 gets 10 points
Ganku gets 5 points
2 other people get 5 points that i cant rember
WE got DN
kokopuffs591
kokopuffs591
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tybalt. Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:02 pm

I love the concept of it O:

Tybalt.
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Tybalt. wrote:I love the concept of it O:

Indeed, both the concept and the gameplay in which this game takes place is rather fun.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:15 pm

Thank heavens, I finally scraped some points.
Still, that first roleplay today...that really was something. Even though I lost that was probably the most intense moments of RP I've ever experienced or seen...and therein lies the beauty of the Reaper's Game. It rocks, what more can one say?
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Yes, the limited time forces you to think more, making it more fun under all of that pressure.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Lampurouge Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 am

Lol time limits dont rellly affect me like most people, time limits just make me do things I normally wouldnt do, like blatantly showing the deathnote, or giving my identity to nearly everyone
Lelouch Lampurouge
Lelouch Lampurouge
Tier 3
Tier 3

Back to top Go down

Post by kokopuffs591 Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 am

I was mafia boss twice so thats 20 points total. Also ganku was a constant member so thas 10 points.=/ also Lelouch gets 5 extra points he was my matt. and Tremas Het-5 points

For all who dont know Kokopuffs591-Tsuusan, Fukusha- And sometimes Taichou are all the same people. =/ so i need my points added

Last edited by kokopuffs591 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to show I am the same as fukushaaaaa)
kokopuffs591
kokopuffs591
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next