DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to the Game

3 posters

Go down

Guide to the Game Empty Guide to the Game

Post by Admin Old Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:55 am

Welcome to DNO, newcomer! Or perhaps you're an old player who just came back after a while and isn't used to all the new-ness? Or maybe you're just here for the hell of it? Either way I welcome you, as somehow you've stumbled upon DNO's official Guide to the Game! This time it's better than last because we've added picturesHere you'll become educated in the way of the DNO, and become a pro! Well, at least get on the way.

Now follow the rainbow and read on...
Guide to the Game Fymomq
Just think of the magical things you'll learn!

So firstly it's a good idea for you to learn the rules. We have many standards, and above all is that you respect the players. But to elaborate, I'll put it in an easy list format, with ye old language to further amuse you!

• Thou shalt not RK RKing is rude. How would you like it if you were walking and someone ran up to you and stabbed you? Even if they said it was an accident, you'd be pissed off... unless you were killed. Then you'd be dead, because you die when you are killed.
  • Thou shalt not be a douchebag Acts of douchebaggery as well as trolling is not tolerated, you'll be banned on the spot. Racism too, that stuff's bad.
  • Obey thine game moderators If a GM tells you to cut it out, you better cut it out. Continuing an argument, or doing anything when a GM tells you not to will only lead to trouble for you.
  • Respect thy fellow players This is pretty much applies with the not being a douchebag rule, but I figured I'd list it separately anyway.
  • Thou shalt always roleplay If you're going to mug someone, you have to RP it. If you're gonna stab someone, RP it. You need to give them at least 10 seconds of reaction time too, so they can write up a response.
  • Thou shall not ever advertise I don't care if you're talking about your DBZ game, or just referencing to this other one, just... don't. Thanks.

Guide to the Game O5n9l4
How would you like it if some asshole came up to you in real life and started stabbing you randomly? ...yeah, thought so.

Now that you've got the rules down, are you ready to learn about how to play the actual game? Are you pumped?! ...oh, you're not? Well too bad, you've gotten this far so you're not stopping now!

Okay, so the game functions on a role system. When we get anywhere from 16 - 22 players on a server is likely the time when we'll start role picking. The main roles are the following:

Kira
(Armed with the Death Note, Kira kills criminals or whoever else stands in his way.)

L
(L is the world famous detective that will stop Kira's evil!)

M
(M is the leader of the Mafia, he has a secret base of operations where he can plot...)

STV
(The host of Sakura Television broadcasts the latest news to all of Shibuya)

Shinigami
(The Shinigami is free to do whatever the hell he wants- plus he's invisible, awesome!)

Now on your first time playing unless you're really lucky you're probably not going to get a role. You have to prove you can roleplay without a role to ever get one. If by some chance you got a role, whether it's your first time or not, then awesome! But I think you should read the following guidelines on how to win completely and some strategies- 'cause if you do bad as a role, the players might form an angry mob... and trust me, you don't want to deal with that.

Guide to the Game 15d9853
Angry mobs in DNO are intense, you don't wanna go up against that.

Kira's main goal is to eliminate L and anyone who stands in his way. In order for Kira to completely win, all of the other roles (excluding Shinigami) must be either dead, on Kira's side, or not doing anything to stop Kira.

The common strategy for Kira is to get criminal's names in order to get L's attention, then try to take L down in any way possible. L is usually the only foe, but sometimes M will try to stop him. It's always wise to try to get Sakura TV on Kira's side, because they can contact all of Japan at once.

L's goal is, more or less, to stop Kira. He can go about this in many ways. The most common is to assemble a task force and go investigating. This usually takes a lot of observation and intellect outside the game as well. Kira could be very easy to find or almost impossible.

L wins when Kira is dead, and there is no second Kira. Unless he's going up against the Mafia, that's usually the clear victory.

Mafia Leader's goal is to... well... do whatever he wants, really! Start a gang, cause trouble, catch Kira, harass L, M is a really freeform role that tests your creativity and roleplaying skills.

M can win the round based on certain specifications and specific situations in the game, there's no set thing here.

Sakura Television is another role with no real goal. They just broadcast the news and try to get as much cash as possible... they can host events, describe the Kira events, try to assist L, hurt him, anything really.

There's not many situations where STV can win, but if they're hunting Kira or even L it's possible.

Shinigami is another role with no goal. Sometimes it's considered that following around your Kira until death is a goal but there's no set one. Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, there's no way for a Shini to definitely win.

Alrighty, so by now a lot of you are probably saying "Okay. So we have to RP, I get the damn point... how DO you RP? What are your standards?" Well we have many standards which are explained in depth in a guide by the one and only Checkers (which you can find here, but I'll quickly overview it here.

Mugging; If you want to mug someone, you have to RP it thoroughly in the input box. Make it detailed, but not too long.

Reaction Time; When you're hitting someone, mugging, or anything, you have to RP it and give them at LEAST ten seconds to write back.

Names; Your name should be something you'd name a child. That means no "i did ur muthr", no "naruto death etr banki saiyen >9000", and no "Adolf Hitler".

Guide to the Game 10pac0i
I know someplace somewhere some douchebag decided to name their baby Hitler, but you're not doing it on DNO.

Last edited by Kira on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 5 times in total

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Guide to the Game Empty Re: Guide to the Game

Post by Lightness Dark Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Hey i cant see font, and if I was L, what is password?

Lightness Dark
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Datamon Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:32 pm

So far as the barely visible text goes, I assume we're to highlight it with the mouse. And concerning L's computer passcode,its reset between rounds, or possibly whenever the game reboots. If your selected as L, you'll see the password in the chatbox along with the role confirmation prompt. In any case, putting it on display here would seemingly defeat the purpose of a password.
Datamon
Datamon
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down