DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note.

+6
W
Story
Giovanni
Chib
Xiar
Nightmare Zarkus
10 posters

Go down

Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note. Empty Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note.

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Ryuk did it for lulz
Light did if for lulz (and boredom)
L did it for lulz.
Near and Mello, didn't do if for lulz, and that's where people generally say that Death Note got worse, because it didn't stay true to DN's theme.

Therefore, the theme of Death Note is lulz/making lulz.

Discuss.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note. Empty Re: Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note.

Post by Xiar Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Light ALWAYS does it for the lulz.

Xiar
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note. Empty Re: Interesting thing I found out about the theme of Death Note.

Post by Chib Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Ryuk definitely did it for the lulz, however neither Rem or Misa did. This is why Ryuk won, yet Rem and Misa died.
Although Light also did it for teh lulz, he died because Ryuk thought it would be pretty lulzy to kill him. Killing him also caused some drama, which was lulzy.
Matsuda, conversely, did not do it for the lulz until the very end. When he did start causing lulz by shooting Light like some kinda psycho Rambo wannabe, he gained >9000 fangirls and became win.

Note also that although Near didn't seem to do it for the lulz, throwing cash at an angry mob to make them go away = instant win, as well as epic lulz.

My theories of the lulz factor in DN.

Oh, and there might be some spoilers in there.
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:52 pm

When did Misa die?
Giovanni
Giovanni
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Story Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Sorrow™ wrote:When did Misa die?

When god spoke.
Story
Story
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chib Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Sorrow™ wrote:When did Misa die?

It doesn't happen in the Anime or Manga, but making the eye trade twice isn't exactly good for your health. HTR13 says she died on the 14th of February, 2011.
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 pm

That can't be right though, didn't Death Note end after 2012+? If the storyline started on 2006 (I think), and the Kira Investigation lasted 6+ years, then ... you know.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Yeah; plus that voice of the narrator is ringing in my head: "In the year 2012..." From the dub. After L died.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex147 Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 pm

As far as Lulz are concerned, I'm pretty sure Light was king...

"I'll take a chip...AND EAT IT!!!"

epic
Hex147
Hex147
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chib Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:23 pm

as far as I can tell from looking at the DN Wiki, the anime is set 3 years after the manga is, so the duration of the Kira investigation, the death dates and such are all 3 years ahead, for example
Naomi Misora:
Birthday February 11, 1976 (1979 in anime)
Deathdate January 2, 2004 (2007 in anime)
Raye Penber:
Birthday December 31, 1974 (1977 in anime)
Deathdate December 27, 2003 (2006 in anime)
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Narusegawa121 Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:58 am

Everyone that died did it for the lulz

Narusegawa121
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Chib wrote:as far as I can tell from looking at the DN Wiki, the anime is set 3 years after the manga is, so the duration of the Kira investigation, the death dates and such are all 3 years ahead, for example
Naomi Misora:
Birthday February 11, 1976 (1979 in anime)
Deathdate January 2, 2004 (2007 in anime)
Raye Penber:
Birthday December 31, 1974 (1977 in anime)
Deathdate December 27, 2003 (2006 in anime)

So ... would that mean ... Misa in the anime died in 2013? *scratches his head* Sorry, I'm lost, don't know too much about the manga >_>

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chib Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:07 pm

I checked on the DN Wiki again, and Wikipedia, and they both say she dies in 2011. No mention of a different year in the anime, even though Light dies and the investigation ends in 2013 in the anime...
Since it ends in 2010 in the manga, and Misa dies one year later, I imagine she dies in 2014 in the anime timeframe, who knows?
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Misamane Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:08 am

I shall clear things up about Misa and her death...

1. She didn't do it for the lulz
2. misa was born in 1984 (Manga) and in 1987 (Anime)
3. From my understanding in the anime the timeskip isnt as large as in the manga, meaning all the characters that die AFTER the timeskip still die on the same day in both the manga and anime. (though correct me if i'm wrong)
4. Misa died on February 14, 2011. She commited suicide
5. In the closing credits of episode 37 she is seen jumping from a building, however in the Manga it is not confirmed how she commits suicide

Correct me if im wrong plz,

Misamane ^.^
Misamane
Misamane
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down