DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning

+2
Kaibura
W
6 posters

Go down

Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning Empty Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning

Post by W Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:29 am

A slight breeze blew towards the eastern parts of Saskatoon, where the forestry was high and thick. Fish jumped up and down in the water of the man-made river. The trees which towered to the size of apartment buildings swayed in the soft breeze while the cries of crows could be heard. Then, there is the wooden dock, which had been built in the 1920's; the dock where one man seemed to visit every so often for the past five years.

This man was a young man in his early twenties. His black hair which was combed back neatly showed his dark-brown gleaming eyes, which seemed to mysteriously turn purple in the sunlight. His skin tone had a pint of brown in it, somewhat making his skin a beige colour. The man usually had a calm expression on his face, only today he was saddened with grief today. He had dark stubble around his jaw and mouth area. He hadn't shaved for several days.

Today was a saddening day to the man, seeing how it was the aniversary of his father's death, John W. Ari. On the 17th of September 2008, John had been shot to death by several corrupt cops and had been burnt. His remains were never recovered, due to the fact that his ashes were thrown into the sea. A brilliant man John had been, until he had gone into Asia to work on the Kira Investigation, which is still being conducted.

The man, or mostly known as "James W. Ari", looked down at the river where he had left a flower for his dead father five years ago. He had placed the flower over a pile of rocks in the middle of the river, but the flower had washed downstream. This was the only place he could find peace and mind to speak with himself, to understand why this had happened to his father. But, after all of these years, after all of the thinking he had done, there had never been a clear reason on why his father decided to go into Asia, knowing that there would be a chance he would die.

James looked up into the sky and sighed, looking at the white clouds drifting to the north. The fresh air eased his mind somewhat, but the grief did not cease. This was the only time he could cry about his father, the only time he would cry, only he couldn't cry now. He had grown tougher emotionally. The things he had gone through without his father had been rough, making himself rough, including his emotions. He was no longer a nice, social young boy. James was a quiet, anti-social young man.

His phone started to ring. He took it out, looking at the shining edges of the yellow cellular phone. He opened the phone with a single flick of his wrist and put the receiver to his ear rather quickly. "Yes?"

"Hello, James!" A male's voice said. This man had an English accent.
James knew who it was at an instant. It was one of his best friends, one that he had known for most of his life. "Hello, Kaibura. What is it?"

"You won't beleive what I found," Kaibura said. "I know it isn't the greatest way to talk about this, and I shan't have you cry like last time, but -"

James sniffed on purpose and chuckled.

"Don't talk when I'm talking. It's rude," Kaibura said. "Anyway - turns out your father had written a will. The bank just phoned your mother, and your mother couldn't find you, so she called me to tell you. Come by my place, and I'll hand it over."

"I don't want any of my dad's things," James said fiercly. "Can't you see I'm busy?"

"No, I can't see that you're busy." Kaibura muttered.

"I'm honouring my father's death. I'll come by your home tomorrow. I have to have to myself for a bit..."

"James, this is quite important, to tell you the truth - don't be a tit about it. Honour your father's death by getting his will, you may like it. Sure he's dead, but if you're going to honour his death you may as well take the will from me. I'm not his bloody son."

With a few minutes of arguing, James Ari finally agreed.

The two men and two woman gathered around the wooden table in the empty, dark room. But, if one were to look closer into the darkness, one could safely see that this table was in the middle of a barn. Hay was bundled up in the darkest corners of the room. A disgusting scent, the smell of dung, could be smelled in the room as the two men and women spoke amongst themselves. There wasn't another sound other than them.

"Kira's killings have gotten too out of hand," one of the men said with a deep voice. His face was wrinkled from age, and he had a bald head. He has a small goatee. "We can't - Deloris, you sure this place is secure?"

"Positive," the one called Deloris responded. She was a beautiful, blonde woman, who's green eyes seemed to give off a soft feeling to other people. She had freckles on her soft-looking cheeks. "This barn has never been entered or exited in the past thirty-three years. I'm positive, Gillard."

"Good," Gillard said. "Now, as I was saying - Kira's killings are out of hand, and we need to stop this. We haven't gotten a single clue, and L hasn't even gotten any progress on this blasted case! Not even the CHS has been able to crack this! It's impossible! We're up against a mastermi-"

There was a deep silence, until the the youngest of the two males sighed, scratching his dirt-blonde afro hairstyle. He sighed deeply, closing his chrystal-blue eyes.

"Well," the afro-haired man began. "Don't any of you find it weird that L is the best detective in the world, is a genius, and has solved thousands of cases, yet he hasn't made progress on this case? He isn't even trying. Don't you find that odd, any of you?"

The other female, a beautiful, short woman in her thirties with long, orange hair smiled at the man's intelligent words. "I think you're right," she said sweetly.

"But Ganku, Sarah," Gillard said softly. "Well ... erm ... Ganku is somewhat right. It is really odd. But L is probably making a ... yeah uhm ... making a plan. Most likely..."

"Five years," Deloris muttered. "And not a single step. That's stupid."
Ganku chuckled, as well as Sarah who seemed to follow everything Ganku did, and seemed to admire him.

"Either L is Kira, or it's someone who is with the law," Ganku muttered. "No, I'm positive L is probably working with Kira. He doesn't seem to be trying, and going after someone he supports probably isn't the smartest thing."

CRICK!

Ganku, Sarah, Gillard, and Deloris jumped up, hearing something outside of the door. Taking out from their holsters were deagles. They aimed towards the door, ready to fire at any sign of hostile objects.

"Deloris..." Gillard said threateningly under his breath.

"I'm sorry, Gillard," Deloris said sadly. She turned and aimed her deagle at Gillard's head. Gillard turned suprised. "We know what you're trying to do."

Ganku and Sarah turned to aim their deagles at Gillard as well. From behind the door came a bald man in black sunglasses. He looked like he was in his thirties. He too pointed his deagle at Gillard after moving into an empty space.

"Glad you could join us, Zarkle!" Ganku said with a smile. His right hand's index finger was on the trigger of his deagle, ready to fire.

"As am I ... and it's Zarkus."

"Tell us, Gillard, if that is your real name," Sarah said softly. "Where's Kira?"

"Wh-what? Th-this is madness!"

"Shut it, Gillard, we know what you're trying to do," Ganku said. "Trying to stall us won't work anymore. Your stalling has been figured out. We can not be lied to anymore."

Deloris nodded, an expression of hatred on her face.

"We know you work for Kira, Gill," Sarah mumbled. "We decided to record everything you said for the past two years. Tell us now, do you have access to L's contact information?"

Gillard shook his head quickly.

"That's a lie," Zarkus said, pushing the deagle into the side of Gillard's stomach. "As we said, we recorded everything you said and listened to everything you said. You even called yourself "Watari" or whatever that name was called.The words you said about "L" and "Kira" can not be mistakened - you have contact with Kira, and apparently, L is Kira. I'm not stupid you retard."

Beads of sweat slowly dripped down Gillard's back as he shook his head in denial. Over and over again he muttered, "No". Shortly afterwards, tears flooded out of his eyes.

"Suck it up," Ganku muttered. "Hurry up and cough up the information. We might let you live if you give us any information. How does Kira kill? Where is Kira?"

"Never, I'll never tell you," Gillard cried. "You'll never get rid of my master, never! You can't! You never will!"

Sarah chuckled, along with Deloris. "Actually, we don't need your help," Deloris said. The others turned to look at her proud face. "While they recorded what you said, we recorded the conversation and the last known address the contact you called and answered was. According to my research, Kira or L is in fact in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. At least, that was the address two years ago. It's possible L might have returned to Japan to 'supposedly' work on the Kira Investigation. We can search for another location after investigating there."

Zarkus laughed, "Nice job!"

"No," Gillard said with a smile, tears still over his wrinkled cheeks. "Watari will not let you save the one who spared my life. Kira will be victorious, and you will all be left dead! I will kill you before you dar-"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Ganku fired the three rounds from his deagle, shooting Gillard in both of his knees and his right shoulder. Blood dripped everywhere on the floor. Gillard struggled to look up, his eyesight slowly growing blurry. He had lost at least a litre of blood within the next four seconds. When Gillard lifted the gun at one of the blurry people, he fired two more rounds at Gillard, this time at his hand and the deagle. The deagle was shot to the otherside of the room, leaving Gillard defenseless. Ganku smiled down at Gillard.

Last edited by W on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:49 am; edited 2 times in total

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning Empty Re: Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning

Post by W Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:29 am

(continued)

"Y-y-y-ou trait-o-ors," Gillard struggled to say. His eyelids slowly began to close. "Kira will rid you all fr-from ...this ... w-world..."

Sarah shook her head and walks towards the door, putting her head on to the sturdy, damp wood of the door. Ganku sighed, making the sign of the cross on him. Deloris looked down at Gillard with sorrow.

"So," Ganku said tiredly. "We need to track that contact Gillard had come into contact with. Only then will we -"

"No, we won't. We'll go to Saskatoon. I have the feeling we'll find a much bigger connection there," Sarah said softly.

Ganku holstered his deagle, which only had two bullets left. The others did the same. Afterwards, they all walked out of the barn, into the warm sunlight of the abandoned farm. Their journey back to civilization would take some time, but their journey to Saskatoon would only take thirty minutes on foot, seeing how Saskatoon was not very far from the farm they were on. It would be a nice stroll.

After fifty-five minutes of walking, James had come to Kaibura's home on the otherside of Saskatoon to get the will he had obtained from his mother. The musty-aired room was dark and messy. The only source of light came from a thirty-inch computer monitor. Sitting on a red-leather seat was a man with black, messy hair.

The man wore black clothing. Under his clothing was another black T-shirt which had a purple tie over it. Everything about him was black, except for the fact that he was white. In front of him, on the computer screen, were important-looking notepad files opened with the name of clients and their cases. He was a lawyer. This man was Kaibura Bolden.

Standing behind him was James W. Ari staring at the screen tiredly.

"Kaibura," James said. "Where's that will you wanted to give me?"

Kaibura jumped up, snapping his right hand's fingers. He pushed over several textbooks about "Law" and found a messy-looking piece of paper with neat printing on it. There was a coffee stain on it, but the printing could be read fine. The printing had been written in blue ink.

"This," Kaibura pointed at the piece of paper. "Read it."

James took the piece of paper and scanned through it. He was suprised that he had never seen this will, and he was even more suprised that this was his father's writing. When he asked Kaibura where his mother had found it, Kaibura simply answered "Shoe box".

The piece of paper, or more briefly the will said: I, John W. Ari would like to hand over several things of my possession if I am ever to die investigating the Kira Investigation. I entrust my home to my wife, Saria Ari, and a quarter of my money to charity. I also entrust three quarters of my money to my family here in Saskatoon. I, John W. Ari also would like my son, James W. Ari, to have my home in Thailand, Bangkok. I trust that he will take fine care of my home there. I would also like to...

"Where's the rest?" James asked, wanting to read more of his father's last message.

"I don't know," Kaibura said, looking at the list of clients on the screen. "Other half got ripped. I shall never know where it is, so don't ask. Ooo, client willing to pay this much..."

James sighed, looking around the dimly-lit room. Through the darkness he could make out several posters of Phoenix Wright and several anime posters of the show "Akira". There was a single-bed to the farthest corner of the room, which was littered with polka-dotted socks and other types of clothing.

Suddenly, Kaibura shouted in shock at the computer. James turned back at the computer and saw what Kaibura had jumped up about. On the computer screen was another text document entitled "I Know Who You Are". The document had opened itself, and already there was text being typed on it. Text continued to be typed out before Kaibura and James' eyes.

"How the..."

"Kaibura, what is it ... doing?"

On the document it read a message, a very detailed message written in a lime coloured text. the first thought that came to Kaibura's mind was "hackers".

The message on the document read: You are in grave danger. People are coming. People that seem to want to search for the one named Kira. However, you are in the middle of a war, Kaibura. I presume James W. Ari is most likely with you. Please, you may address me as 'Leok'. I have tampered with this computer in order to help you. Things could get messy if you do not listen to me. As I speak to you, there is a group known as the CHS in search of Kira, and they will not hesitate to kill people who are most likely suspects.

You see, the last person to use this house was and still is a man known as "Kira", a mysterious killer. But, I can safely assume you know about the killer, seeing how Kira has been on the news for the past five years. You must delete every file available on your computer, and destroy your computer in order to stay protected. The CHS may as well kill you if there is too much evidence linking yourselves to the Kira Investigation. You may type back to me when I finish, I know you may be exhausted from readnig this rather small entry. This is much like a chat room, only I shall be doing most of the talking and explaning. Now, as I was saying - I suggest leaving the home you are in after eliminating your computer and all of the available files on your computer. Your computer is the only thing that contains the contact information, seeing how I can not tamper with the contact information manually. It appears that your computer has locked the information into itself. The decision is yours, only I don't want you making the wrong decision. Wasting a few thousand dollars is better than losing your life.

James and Kaibura stared at the lime text with their jaws wide open. They exchanged expressions and typed back at the one called "Leok", asking why they were telling them all of this.

Seconds after they asked the question, the lime text appeared out of the blank backround saying: I'm helping you because I don't want anyone else dying because of the false actions from the CHS. It's a disgusting way of detective work - no, it's more of mafia work. Now, are you going to listen to me or what?

Kaibura typed into the document, "We'll think about it." and then turned the computer off in frustration.

"Crazy tits, they are! I'm not listening to a bloody hacker!" Kaibura exclaimed.

James didn't listen to Kaibura. He just stared at the ceiling, wondering about his father on how and why he died. The mental stress he had had over his late teens had damaged his social life greatly. He had lost far too many friends, other than Kaibura who had always stayed friends with him. The events leading to this part of his life was saddening.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the sound of a door hitting the floor echoed towards the dark room. James looked behind him, and from across the hallway, could see four people wearing black masks and carrying dangerous-looking deagals. The shining sunlight poured into the hallway, lighting up the dimly-lit room, revealing James and Kaibura.

Kaibura spun around in his chair and looked at the four people with widened eyes. James himself looked terrified as he backed towards the bed, where Kaibura had hidden a baseball bat from under the bed.

"Hold it!" One of the people said with a female voice. The four people could be heard sprinting down the hallway. Kaibura ducked towards the bed to help James get the baseball bat. If they couldn't win, they could get one of them and say they tried in the afterlife. But it was too late; the four people in masks had already gotten to James and Kaibura. The sound of clicking could be heard from behind their heads.

"Get up with your hands up," a male voice demanded. James and Kaibura did as they were told. "Hands behind your heads, and kneel! Now!"

James and Kaibura put their hands behind their heads and kneeled towards the bed with shocked looks on their faces. What would they do? What were they going to do next?

"Sarah, Zarkus, search them - Deloris, check the computer! I'll keep the gun on them."

The three other masked people could be heard doing as they were told. The two masked people known as Sarah and Zarkus searched James and Kaibura's pockets and found nothing but several loonies and toonies. Deloris, however, seemed to have found something after starting the computer up.

"Ganku, I found something," Deloris said. She typed furiously on the keyboard. "There have been two contacts that were used to tamper with this computer. One of them was L's or Kira's, and the other was another person."

The four masked people looked at the screen, no longer putting the gun on Kaibura or James. The two people kneeling were too afraid to get up and run. They were in too much shock. There was nothing they could do, there was no way they could defend themselves. They could only wait.

A figure dressed in a black overcoat and a black mask sat alone on the side of a bridge, with a labtop on their lap. Cars drove by quickly as pedestrians walked passed the figure quickly, not wanting to make any contact with the masked figure. Seagulls flew passed over the bridge, in the blue sky. Not a cloud could be seen over the Brooklyn Bridge of New York, USA. It was a cold afternoon today.

The figure got up and put the labtop on the ground, kneeling down beside it. Pressing a button, a window popped up with a fairly noticeable L on the screen. The rest of the screen was blank, except for the black L. Seconds after opening the window, a computerized voice could be heard.

"Leok, you finally reached me," the screen said. "How far are we in the plan?"

"Very far, L," Leok responded with the voice of a female. "Or should I say Lelouch? The CHS have fallen for the mis-leading contact. Now, shall we commence the next plan, master?"

"Yes, you may commence the next plan," L muttered through the screen. "I would also like you to do the next step to the phase. I beleive it was all a coincidence that the son of W would be at the scene. I guess Kaibura will have to wait for his turn."

The figure, as well as the labtop, laughed after the plan was told.

To be continued.

(Give me advice ._. apparently I need to work on my writing skills).

Last edited by W on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning Empty Re: Death Note: Online - Episode 2 - A New Beginning

Post by Kaibura Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 am

The most epic piece to bless the forums in a while, not to mention the fact I love Death Note stories in general...even more so when I'm actually in them. Lelouch is L, Zarkus leads the CHS and W and myself are caught in a mystery- I can't wait to read more of it, frankly o.o
I think the writing is splendid, does not trouble me at all.
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:26 am

That was pretty good.

"Crazy tits, they are! I'm not listening to a bloody hacker!" Kaibura exclaimed.

Lulz is Kaibura Yoda or something?

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:32 am

Near [{K.I.R.A.}] wrote:That was pretty good.

Lulz is Kaibura Yoda or something?

I laughed out very loudly when I read this in computer class. Everyone thinks I'm crazy now, but Kaibura is somewhat like Yoda, intelligence-wise.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilyo Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:13 am

...Ehh I just hope if I come in I'm no bloody tit as Kai would evidently say it...Watch me be the chick working for kira -_- FOR THE LAST DANG TIME I AM A GUY!Damnit...

Found the first episode....
Ilyo
Ilyo
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-08-09

http://Awesome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganku Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:14 am

Hehe i love it. Thank you for letting me shoot some one... thats always fun. but come on dirty blond afro? gah thats too disco... i like just the black afro personally but what ever the story is really good. if you have the chance can i kill sendo?
Ganku
Ganku
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 am

Just a little note, I changed the title because I thought "Dangerous or Not" made no sense at all.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by (Kiss Me)Aki(Kill Me) Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Very wonderful ^^ You make Aki proud
(Kiss Me)Aki(Kill Me)
(Kiss Me)Aki(Kill Me)
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-08-23

http://abiteofjapan.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down