DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+6
TehGuitarGod
Giovanni
Kenji Saioji
Alexander Moses
mrmawker
Rydell
10 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by Rydell Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 am

There's a lot different from the game this time along. It's been a while since we've been around but I'm bringing in the new game with a new found sense of professionalism. In the strict category of the non-tangible parts of the game, this means getting rid of a lot of unnecessary concepts and rules, in an attempt to get straight to the point of being a game that people can enjoy and being a fun and safe online environment.

Gameplay wise, things are different, too. Nearing the end of the past version of DNO, it became apparent that many game mechanics were slowly shifting away from Death Note itself ("zombie mode", "Mafia rounds", etc.). So instead of limiting game modes to a single "L versus Kira" built in mode, there will be multiple game modes, both original, and inspired by other forms of media. The games change in title (though it will still be referred to in some cases as DNO) to "Mortality Games" reflects this. Among the inspirations are the anime / manga Mirai Nikki and the manga Rabbit Doubt. If you are familiar with those titles, you may have an idea of what's to come. However, the main focus of the game will remain to be the Death Note mode.

More information will come in the upcoming weeks, but for now, I'll leave with a basic list of what changes are in store...

Gameplay:
More balanced gameplay. Players will be less susceptible to being randomly killed, and "Roles" will be more fairly distributed. Even if you are not a main character, you will more easily be able to have a crucial role in the plot. More options for environment interaction leading to more elaborate roleplay scenarios. Improved AI to store player reports, setup / shutdown game, and offer a "Surrender" option to reboot if the game boils down to two parties.

Rules:
More relaxed set of rules, for the most part. Feel free to talk about any other games, so long as it's not spamming or blatant advertising. Under no circumstances, however, will OOC hateful speech towards anyone for their race, sexuality, gender identity, etc., be tolerated. Such players will be immediately removed from the game and not welcomed back. The same goes for any sort of sexual harassment or threats of violence, or purposefully making any other player uncomfortable. Bans for inappropriate behavior will be at moderator's discretion. Bans will be recorded, and moderators will be required to log the exact reason for the ban, so they can be appealed if unfair.

Will be updated in the future. Expect a small, private Alpha environment sometime mid-May, exclusive to those invited and members of the forum. Volunteers will be accepted closer to the date.

Also, within the week, the site's URL will be changed to http://www.mortalitygames.com/, so be sure to check that URL instead over the course of the next few days.

Rydell
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by mrmawker Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Who is going to decide what mode it is? Admins? Player votes?

I have an account on this forum o.o lols
mrmawker
mrmawker
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Moses Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I have a hunch it will be admins.
Alexander Moses
Alexander Moses
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2012-04-17

https://www.facebook.com/00alexandermoses00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Saioji Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:50 pm

I remember doing a lot of special RPs back in the day. I think the changes would be pretty cool.
Kenji Saioji
Kenji Saioji
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rydell Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:55 pm

mrmawker wrote:Who is going to decide what mode it is? Admins? Player votes?
For now, I'll very tentatively say that there will be a player vote at the beginning of the round.

Mostly because I'm not even sure who will end up being on the moderator team / how many people we will even have. Right now the only one I have for sure is Omnis whom I've already spoken to about it.

(Kenji, you're also more than welcome to rejoin if you'd like)

Rydell
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Saioji Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I'd like that I'd also like to see how this all comes out. If I see you on MSN, I'll chat, lol.

Anyway, can't wait to play it, and I know a lot of other people who want to play it as well.
Kenji Saioji
Kenji Saioji
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:12 pm

That feel when you log onto BYOND for the first time in god knows how long and one of the first things you see is news that DNO is getting revamped.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, good luck with the new game.
Giovanni
Giovanni
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TehGuitarGod Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Sitting down and maybe playing this in around mid-May would be nice, especially with exams popping up around then.
But I am teh excite!
I've been checking for any updates about every month or so, sometimes forgetting to do so for a few months x3.
Regardless, when anything is done, you can expect my attendance pretty much any time before June 21st when I leave for camp for 2 months!
And then expect more attendance :v If the game's up anyway x3.
Anyway, I'm out.
TehGuitarGod
TehGuitarGod
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2010-03-17

http://kaisplace.createaforum.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Saioji Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Castor says: [[tybalt said hi
Castor says: [[and dont call him tybalt anymore

In any case, I've been playing Shinobi Story Online with Tybalt lately. He was too lazy to make an account, so I'll say what he wants to say.

He said that he would enjoy playing DNO again, but didn't want to become a permanent player in the community.

In any case, I'd like to see more production of this game (this is kenji now), and I'd like to chat on MSN more again :).
Kenji Saioji
Kenji Saioji
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnis Thu May 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Heheheh, it's good to see how things are turning out as far as the forums are concerned. Hell, even the change in decorum is making me giddy with anticipation! I just wish I came across the forums sooner, I'm a bit disappointed in myself actually.

Can't wait to see the old and new faces who will be playing. I think we're in for a treat.
Omnis
Omnis
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://imperious-omniscension.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmawker Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Yeah... Me neither.
mrmawker
mrmawker
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DasRealBokoa Fri May 11, 2012 12:32 am

Can't wait for the game to come back out (or should I say for the first time? It's sounds like it's going be be a basically new game.). God, I haven't talked to any of you in so long. What up Kenji, Omnis, and Karley? We need a catch-up sesh on Skype.

DasRealBokoa
Tier 0
Tier 0

Registration date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri May 11, 2012 9:58 am

Well, this is an interesting turnout. This should be cool. If I can help in any way, just tell me.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Saioji Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Omg it's Gabe and Bokoa, we need to catch up again. For some reason, I'm highly anticipating this game, as well as a numerous number of people whom I've recently became friends with (or old friend) like Tybalt. He doesn't use msn though, which makes me T_T.

Anyway, point being, I've actually really been wanting Mortality Games up, and I really want to catch up with those of you who I've gotten distant with.
Kenji Saioji
Kenji Saioji
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DasRealBokoa Sun May 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Kenji, you're not alone. I miss you kids, particularly Death Bot, and can't wait to catch up.

DasRealBokoa
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Rydell Mon May 14, 2012 6:44 pm

So I've done a few tests, and everything is going well so far. I can't give an exact date- I'm god awful with them- but hopefully the game will be out in the summer. I'll post some screencaps soon.

In the meantime, I'm considering hosting an old version and having some of the old players giving me input as to what old features should be kept...

Rydell
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Glad to hear everything's coming along so well!
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DasRealBokoa Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 am

What up, Gabe? How have you been?

I'm excited to see your progress Karley, things are getting monogamous in Montana (Gabe I swear to god, you say one thing about horses and I'm voting you off my metaphorical boat.). I think putting up an old version is a great idea, just don't forget to page me when it's up, guuuuuuurl.

DasRealBokoa
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue May 15, 2012 9:15 am

Hey Bokoa
Guess what
I've gotten ten thousand times better at makin straight people feel uncomfortable.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DasRealBokoa Wed May 16, 2012 4:10 am

Do it up, Gabe, DO. IT. UP. Start with Kenji... or me ;).

DasRealBokoa
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Severike Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Can't wait for DNO's return.
Severike
Severike
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2010-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by DasRealBokoa Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey, Omnis. It's okay, don't worry about it.

DasRealBokoa
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down