DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's everybody been?

+2
MattyMatt953
W
6 posters

Go down

Where's everybody been? Empty Where's everybody been?

Post by W Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Are we all playing a new game?

Or are we still diggin' DNO?

Because ... I've been cruising along these forums for like 7 months now with barely information.

I've been to at least 5 LAN Tournaments for Counter Stirke winning ten grand frombets alone ... but still haven't gotten what I wanna know!

I understand if it's real life stuff, but ... I WANNA KNOW GUYS! I'VE BEEN IN THE DARK FOR TOO LONG!

Is it a new game? Yeah? If it is ... I'm down. 8D

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Where's everybody been? Empty Re: Where's everybody been?

Post by MattyMatt953 Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Game's been down for forever and a half. Missing it, I really am.
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnis Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:22 pm

It's true, the game has been down for a loooooooong time, and it's kinda saddening. Gabe and I are thinking of ways to bring the forums and the game back, and I hope it works.
Omnis
Omnis
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://imperious-omniscension.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Well, I hope you guys are planning to do something with this hosting thing.From what I can tell, K doesn't seem to trust anybody to host other than her admins, (which is good that she thinks that way - too many abusive hosts when host files were freely distributed). We need somebody with a bunch of free time on their hands. It's become apparent that K and the others have lives, have something else to do, and don't think DNO is that important anymore ... which I can understand. The game's only been up on special occasions, but not as consistently as it had been around 2008-2009. I kind of wish a shitty, abusive host could host at a time like this. xD

EDIT: If DNO needs a mascot ... I'M FREE. We could use me for publicity if that's a problem at all! Lately, I've been on too many teams where they've needed me as a mascot. I dunno - it might just be one of my few talents...

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetsubou-sensei Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Recently, hosting's not the only problem around. Community ain't the same anymore. So far I've heard a couple of GMs have resigned/got banned. Others are most probably busy on other personal issues. Whenever a server's on nowadays, having an Admin is a godsend, especially with the Auto-Roles bug we just got recently which is as nasty as ever(still don't know if it has been dealt with yet). People don't seem to give a crap on the rules cause no one can do a thing about it. Just look at all of the recent forum spam...my god. I think what I'm trying to say here is that even if the server WERE up, there'd still be a whole lot of problems going around. Let's just hope the staff can fix this up.
Zetsubou-sensei
Zetsubou-sensei
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chib Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:44 pm

I've been doing my best to clear up the egregious spam, but I don't actually have moderation powers in some of the forums. And I am doing my best to be on DNO whenever it does come online - even with almost nobody playing - but there's only so much I can do in the GMT time zone.
Glad to see some of the old money is still around, though. You guys are just... you guys.
Chib
Chib
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Damn, you're doing a good job with the forum spam. Either I'm on whenever the spam's been deleted (which probably is the case), or when the spammers haven't spammed. And yeah ... I've heard about this auto role thing, but I guess I haven't gotten a chance to play DNO to experience the auto role thing. Whenever I think of "hosting", I usually imagine it as a GM hosted server with a GM/Moderator always on it. xD

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:06 pm

A sad story indeed.
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 pm

I say K removes the Death Bot completely.

She should get slaves for enforcers to control the round.

EDIT: Or maybe ... I COULD BUY THE HOST FILES...

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 pm

I emailed her yesterday with no response. But Lord knows how often she checks her inbox. I know I didn't until a few months ago.
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Very sad. And I am going to start trying my best to be online with the server as well, but there's only so much the staff can do, it only really relies on what happens to DNO. The community's grown so small, or at least there's so few of actual DNO players/GMs still here that have been here since the early days (not saying I'm one of them). All we can do is try our best to keep it alive, but most likely, we need a new community-a more active... and competent one than our current base of muggers.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyMatt953 Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:47 pm

We also need a host that doesn't leave for months at a time. Not saying I don't like K, but really.
MattyMatt953
MattyMatt953
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 am

My contacts list is full of suitable hosts, and unfortunately, only three of them I know of can actually roleplay while still moderating the server. The best, most durable hosts that I've seen in my time of playing DNO from within the past four years have been Zarkus, Damion, and Aki. These are the ones who I actually think have been the best hosts around. But from what I've read on MSN, a lot of people actually want to play DNO ... they just think the game's completely dead because they don't go on these forums or see that DNO is down 95% of the time they check.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:47 am

I think months at a time is an exaggeration.
And I agree with W, Damion and Aki were suitable hosts- don't know what I can say about Zark though. I guess we could do something by trying to get more people to the forum instead of the game first, since the game isn't up most of the time, we could try building up a new community on the forum, so we'll have people who are actually determined to play. And I also suggest new hosts, but at the moment I don't think any of the staff can host. K could open a new DNO Host sign up thread... but that isn't the point. We need to get ourselves together and fix up DNO as a game too.
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum