DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Screen since update

4 posters

Go down

Black Screen since update Empty Black Screen since update

Post by Kaibura Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I've been told a way to get around this but it all seems so much trouble for a problem that should not exist in the first place...
But I'm getting ahead of myself. Allow me to explain.

Ever since the recent update for this game in which I was made an ENF (for which I am most grateful) whenever I have logged in to a server I am not shown any New/Load page. I merely have a black screen with the chat window at the bottom. At first I could do nothing, but Zarkus told me a method of getting around the problem, though this only seemed like putting it off. I log in as an alternative account, and note that the alt. will have no black screen (thus I can assume it is only my zombiegenesis account) from there I re-login as ZG and use my enforcer teleport to warp to the alt.'s location on the non-black screen.

Pretty bothersome, especially during reboots. What I'd like to know is, why is this occuring, and why only after the update? Any advice on repairing the problem would be dandy. I'm not sure what to do myself...
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Black Screen since update Empty Re: Black Screen since update

Post by W Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 pm

It might be a bug for when K coded you in as ENF. It's either the in-game code or a bug in BYOND. There's probably a problem in the code. If not then I don't know.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Lampurouge Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Kaibura wrote:I've been told a way to get around this but it all seems so much trouble for a problem that should not exist in the first place...
But I'm getting ahead of myself. Allow me to explain.

Ever since the recent update for this game in which I was made an ENF (for which I am most grateful) whenever I have logged in to a server I am not shown any New/Load page. I merely have a black screen with the chat window at the bottom. At first I could do nothing, but Zarkus told me a method of getting around the problem, though this only seemed like putting it off. I log in as an alternative account, and note that the alt. will have no black screen (thus I can assume it is only my zombiegenesis account) from there I re-login as ZG and use my enforcer teleport to warp to the alt.'s location on the non-black screen.

Pretty bothersome, especially during reboots. What I'd like to know is, why is this occuring, and why only after the update? Any advice on repairing the problem would be dandy. I'm not sure what to do myself...

It's a problem that happens to all enforcers, basically you have several options:

on a diff key, log in, with this diff key either play DNo with it, only using your enforcer to effect the game, or teleport to your alt key (without logging in) to teleport to the main screen, you can also wait for someone to log in and teleport to them, either wayt works, grats on enforcer BTW
Lelouch Lampurouge
Lelouch Lampurouge
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:34 pm

I agree, congratulations!

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaibura Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
I suppose I can live with the double-login strategy, I was just curious as to whether I could fix the error myself, but it doesn't seem that I can manage that. Nevermind, with any luck there will be a way to evade it in future.
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Why.. Does this happen? Damnit. Ill look for a fix, but the code is barely different for any GM login, which has no issue.. Mm...

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:01 am

Well there's the chance that you may just need to add a small line of code under the enforcer verbs. Have you tried putting usr.loc=locate(x,y,z) under the lines of code for enforcer verbs? Try doing that if you haven't. But I'm not sure how you programmed the enforcer powers, but it's worth a shot if you haven't tried that yet. It's rather too bad that the enforcers have that curse, however.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down