DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cameras

2 posters

Go down

Cameras Empty Cameras

Post by Gabe Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 am

Here is a suggestion I had on Cameras. First I'll explain how it would work, before I go into Pros and Cons.
Basically, remember when you would click on a character and it would display statistics like their hair colour, eye colour, skin tone, etc...? Yeah, that's what I mean, but in a different format. The Camera could be available probably at the music/magazine store, to me it makes sense, don't know about you.

Now, you would buy a camera from the store it is in and you would go up to a person, in your view and take a picture of the person (probably using a right click command, or a command in the "roleplay" or "commands" tab.) The picture would be saved as probably just a simple photo icon in your inventory, and when you would click on it, it would display the description.
EX:
"Their hair color is red
their eyes are green
their skin is a tan color"

I also had a bit of thought about taking it a bit further, like being able to tell the clothes that someone was wearing(if that wouldn't be too hard to code.) And Also, if it wouldn't be much of a bother, to maybe go as far as to base it on the distance. Probably about from... fives tiles away, you could see the entire person and full body, but say from... the edge of your view, maybe about ten or nine tiles away, the camera would only have a clear description of their hair color and maybe some clothes.

A small other detail involves when someone has the shinigami eyes, this might be a little trickier to code, but I'm not completely sure.

Example:
Five tiles away or less.
"This person's hair color is blue and they have green eyes, their skin tone is rather tan. They have on goggles, a scarf, a Punk Shirt, black pants, and boots"

Shinigami Eyes.
"This person's hair color is blue and they have green eyes, their skin tone is rather tan. They have on goggles, a scarf, a Punk Shirt, black pants, and boots, their name is Kenji Akumairo."

Six or more tiles away.
"This person's hair color is blue, they are wearing a punk shirt and black pants."
(Obviously from here they probably couldn't see the face very well even if they did have the shinigami's eyes.

Now for some Pros/Cons:

Pros:
- This allows a more discreet, or at least convenient way for anyone with the eyes of the shinigami to obtain a name.
- Public access to the camera might also allow for a small photographer side rp for roleless players.

Cons:
- Well, public access isn't a con, if "newbs" or "noobs" got ahold of them, they wouldn't be doing much except taking pictures of people.

(I'll see if I can find some... other cons with this.)

- Gabe
Gabe
Gabe
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Cameras Empty Aweshumsaushe

Post by Severike Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:30 am

Well thought out. Cool stuff, Gabe

Severike
Severike