DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Note: The Succession.

Go down

Death Note: The Succession. Empty Death Note: The Succession.

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Tue May 19, 2009 5:21 am

As I have had no new ideas, I am temporarily discontinuing "Uncertainties." It kinda seems like a pity trip, deep down to me, but if anyone wants me to continue it later on, I shall. However, I will begin a new story, using the cast of DNO. The first chapter shall outline the days before the graduation of several Wammy House students. One of these students will be chosen to become the newest "L," in a line of others who had come before. I chose myself as the successor to "L," in this line because I'm tired of writing about the fortune of others coming before my own. I know, might egotistical of me, but still.

Dramatis Personae

Kotaro Aizawa: First in line to succeed the current L, who is on his death bed. His personality is calm mostly, yet he can be reckless when provoked. His scores are the highest in the class, except in Math. His identifying features are a mess of dark black hair, calm glacier eyes, and a pair of wolf ears that he can let out at any time. Only five people at the school know about them currently.
Momo Gehenna: Second in line to succeed L, and personally chosen to succeed Watari in the event it should be necessary. Her personality is calm, soothing, and playful. She supports Kotaro in every way, shape, form or fashion, and they are seen together frequently, yet they are both currently oblivious to each other's affections for the other. She has the second highest scores in the class, with the exception of Math, which she trumps Kotaro in, and often teases him about it, along with his ears, calling him a "furry," teasingly. Her identifying features are her long red hair and striking green eyes.
Damion de Lioncourt: Kotaro's longstanding rival and friend. His personality is intelligent, yet brazen, and quick to judge. His scores are third all 'round, but he claims not to be trying his hardest, as he says the position of, "L" wouldn't suit him. He constantly picks at Kotaro for his obvious faults. He is often seen hanging around Roxie, whom he dates steadily, even though most of the girls at the school want him. His identifying features include short, cropped hair and dark black eyes.
Roxie (last name unknown.): Fourth in line and very energetic and friendly. She is often seen hanging out in various groups, collecting friends and information wherever she goes. She already has a large network of information outside the school, and Kotaro has turned to her often for help when presented with a hard scenario. Her identifying features are her long, tall legs and bright blue eyes. Her hair is also seen messy at times.
K: The only person in Wammy's who has received her letter bearing. Her real name is unknown to everyone, including the current operator of Wammy's. Her personality is strong, silent, yet to the point when she must be. She is very strict when it comes to following the rules, and has reprimanded Kotaro and the others on occasion for breaking them. She is a good and loyal friend, and will hear her friends' problems out, and offers advice, yet she rarely opens up herself. Her identifying features are her calm brown eyes and rare smile. If you can get a smile out of her, you've done great.
Aki Sumiko: The fifth in line for the succession of L, and everyone's favorite person. She is strong willed, quick to comment, and intelligent. She often has a problem with keeping her opinion to herself, but it is also a valued one just as often. Her identifying features are her petite frame, long, dark hair, high-ish cheek bones, and soft azure eyes.
Kaibura: The current operator of Wammy's House, and the youngest to date, at the age of twenty two. He is charming, good looking, and serious, yet he can be quick to joke and pal around with the students, making him the target of Valentines Day chocolates from every girl at Wammy's, and his busiest day is "White Day," March 14th, when he has to give chocolates back to all those who sent him some. He is a strong upholder of tradition. He moved Wammy's house to Hokkaido, Japan for students to have more open minds about certain issues, and to be around people outside the school. He pays special attention to K, because she only opens up to him, and he thinks her potential is left unnoticed. He often gives Kotaro extra work to test him under pressure, and has even gone as far as giving Kotaro cases that L could not take for personal health issues. His identifying features are dark black hair about neck length, a strong facial structure, and piercing yellow eyes that seem to watch you like a hawk.

Please note that all Wammy students listed are currently sixteen, and graduating ahead of the students their own age.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: Ambition.
A boy of about sixteen was sprawled out on the grass in a meadow, the wind drifting through his hair as he stared out at the clouds. This was one of those times that he could just sit back and relax, without having to worry about the pressure of being the top student. As he lay there, he pondered what to do after graduation, which was three days away. He'd be graduating at the top of all the students, his best friends and rivals at his side, and he fretted slightly over how well he might do, were the current, "L" to pass away in the near future. The last time L had visited Wammy's, he had to be carted away in an ambulance, because of a severe stroke. Nonetheless, he bounced back, from it, and his mental capacity appeared not to have diminished. Kotaro shook the thought out of his head and stood up, picking up the bokken his best friend had given him for his birthday, and he began to practice his swordplay. It was fifty years after the first L died, and the world was in a ruin. Swords were being brought back into play, because the recent criminals appeared to have at least some kind of morals, and were backing away from guns. Although it still remained that seventy five percent of them still used guns, it was necessary to know how to wield the weapon. He was already a decent shot, able to put thirty rounds into a nickel sized hold from a hundred yards, with a pistol no less, but most of the students here could already do that, and there were some that were even better marksmen, so he thanked whatever higher power there might be that marksmanship was not on the exams. He had completed his two days earlier, along with the other four brightest students, and he awaited the results, unsure of himself for once. He truly wanted to succeed L, and he worked hard for it. He was glad he had outstanding intelligence, but at times, he felt he didn't deserve the top spot. As he trained, he began to sweat, and the reign he had on his wolf ears slipped, and they popped out. He got so lost in the forms of Shoryuken, his favorite style yet one of the few he had to master, that he didn't hear someone sneak up behind him.
"Yo, Kotaro," came the female voice behind him. He turned quickly, his sword raised, but then he quickly lowered it. "Were you honestly going to hit me with that, furry one," the girl asked. Kotaro blushed angrily and said, "No, I wasn't, but you caught me by surprise, Momo." The girl laughed softly and said, "I'm just messing with you. I know you'd never hurt a friend." Kotaro plopped down and reached in his bag, pulling out two waters, passing one to her before unscrewing the cap on his, drinking nearly half of it in one swig. "So, what are you training so hard for, 'taro-kun? We're all free until graduation, you should be relaxing," Momo said. "I know," Kotaro said quietly, "but I want to rid my mind of the possible outcomes for the exams. Momo scoffed and said, "You?! Worried? What happened to the self confident, fuzzy eared guy I know and love?" He looked at her, studying her, trying to read her aura. She used that word a lot. "Love." Whether it was in passing, a joke, or an endearing term, she used it so much that it left him wondering how she felt about him. He had small crushes on some of the other girls at the school, but he felt the most comfortable in Momo's presence. He decided not to push the matter, saying, "Yeah, for once, I'm scared. I don't want to end up finding out I flunked, and that someone else took the mantle of L this time." Momo looked at him and said, "Honestly, Kotaro, you work harder than just about anyone here. The only thing you're not so good with is math, and yet you still come in second each time with it. I doubt they're going to take you out of contention for having a lower math score." She grinned, saying, "Even if mine is significantly higher than yours." He lay back and pondered this. He then sprang forward and said to her, "Momo, thanks. That means a lot. I won't worry so much anymore. Now c'mon, it's almost time for dinner, and I heard Kaibura-sensei was knocking up something delicious." They ran for the gate and said at the same time, "So long as it's not a girl!" They laughed for a good long while at that one. Not a particularly funny joke, but the fact that they were on the same page was where the true humor lied.
After dinner, Kotaro headed up to the dorms, walking Momo to her room before going to the boy's dorm. He walked the long hallway and thought to himself, "No matter what I told her, I'm still worried. I dread tomorrow." He tried to open his door, only to find it locked. He slipped his hand in his pocket, and it closed on air and lint. Frantically, he began to search for it, checking everywhere before knocking on the door, saying, "Damion! Lemme in! I lost my key!" He heard a stirring inside, and the creaking of bedsprings as his room mate came to the door. Dressed in nothing but his jeans, Damion opened the door and said, "Dude.... I was asleep." "At eight o'clock? You tryin' ta hide something?" Damion sighed, saying, "No, but I was trying to sleep earlier so tomorrow would come faster. Where's your damn key?" Kotaro grinned slightly and said, "If I knew where it was, would I have asked you to open the door?" Damion groaned and said as he laid down, "Honestly, if you're going to be like that, they should consider me or Momo for L before you. I honestly don't think you cut it. Sure, you're smart, but you're a bit irresponsible at times." Kotaro stopped grinning, sobered up by this thought. "Y'know, I bet you're right. I've been worried about the exam results, and for some reason, I'm just scared. They probably don't think I'm L material anymore." Damion rolled over and said, "It's a joke, man. Get some sleep. We have a lot to worry about tomorrow, so let's drive it from our heads today, alright?" Kotaro didn't say anything and he shut off the light. Sleep didn't come easy, and when it did, it was tormenting and fitful. Thousands of images crossed his mind, different scenarios, and it all seemed so realistic.
When the waking bell rang, he got up groggily. He looked and saw that Damion had already gone on his morning run, his bed still a mess. "Hmmph, and he calls me irresponsible," Kotaro said as he made his own. He went down to the breakfast hall to find nobody there. He heard a commotion from outside Kaibura's office, and he went to go check things out. He saw a large group of people crowding the bulletin board, and his heart sunk. He became oblivious to his surroundings, as he searched the board for his name. He spotted Momo's name before his, and it revealed she had come in second. His eyes widened as he spotted his name, the results being........

(Sorry about the longness, guys, hope I wasn't breaking a character limit. Anywho, I'm going to post at -least- three chapters before I head to bed tonight. Leave comments in the discussion section that I post here, and be sure to tell me in the Uncertainties discussion thread whether or not you think I should continue it. Wait, is "longness," even a word? "Length." Sorry about the length, guys.)

Last edited by Kotaro Aizawa on Tue May 19, 2009 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Indentation is your friend.)
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://www.chains-of-fate.com

Back to top Go down

Death Note: The Succession. Empty Re: Death Note: The Succession.

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Tue May 19, 2009 7:46 am

Chapter Two: The Fruits of Labor.

Kotaro Aizawa
Science:1600 (Full marks, including bonuses.)
Chemistry:1600 (Full marks, including bonuses.)
History:1600 (Full marks, including bonuses.)
English:1600 (Full marks, including bonuses.)
Culture:1600 (Full marks, including bonuses.)
Math: 1550 (Full marks.)
Overall class ranking: 1 of 300.
Future letter assignment:"L."
Kotaro's eyes nearly popped out of his head, his entire being shaking. He nearly fell backwards, but a small hand propped him up. He turned and looked into the green eyes of his best friend. "So, how'd we do," Momo asked casually, surveying her scores.

Momo Gehenna
Science: 1550 (Full marks.)
Chemistry:1550 (Full marks.)
History:1600 (Full marks, including bonuses)
English: 1600 (Full marks, including bonuses)
Culture: 1600 (Full marks, including bonuses)
Math: 1600 (Full Marks, including bonuses.)
Overall class ranking: 2 of 300
Future letter assignment: "W."

She looked at Kotaro and said, "Haha, second place. Whaddya think of that?" Kotaro just grinned at her, he liked it when she was like this, and he pointed to his scores. "Psh," she said, exasperated, "What did I tell you? I knew you were going to get perfect scores in everything but Math. But you did only miss it by fifty points, that's better than last time." Kotaro simply grinned, and they began looking for their friends names. "Ooh, there's Damion, third place. Straight 1550's. He got M." "'Hey, look, Aki got by with 1400's in everything except History. 1600 in that. She's A." "Oh, Roxie with straight fifteens and she got "H", and K with 15's except Chemistry. She scored 1400 on that." They stepped away, and looked at the board, thoroughly satisfied. Kotaro looked at Momo, wondering why she was so content to be second place. His thought drifted to the thought of them both taking over as L and Watari for a while, working together for the rest of their lives, but he quickly shook that idea from his head. Surely it was just that she was completely satisfied with her results, nothing more. They headed back to the breakfast hall, where a few more students had entered now, looking thoroughly disappointed. "Aaah, cheer up, Eiji! Rank 250 out of 300, who cares?" "Be quiet, Kenji, you were 298! You should feel worse!" "Well, when you put it that way...." The voices in the room shushed as they walked in, nobody said anything for a moment until everyone broke out in applause. Kotaro looked utterly bewildered, but Momo took it in stride. "Thank you, thank you, my adoring fans. I know I'm beautiful, but really, applause every time I enter the room has -got- to stop." Kotaro chuckled, and the clapping died down. After they had gotten their trays and congratulatory words from everyone, they sat down and began to eat. Damion and Roxie entered the room, Aki falling not too far behind. Once they had gotten their trays, they sat down with Momo and Kotaro. Chewing on a piece of bacon, Damion said, "Well, well, looks like you worried for nothing, eh, Kotaro?" Kotaro shrugged, preferring not to speak with his mouth full. He swallowed and said, "I had every reason to worry." Damion just looked at him and said, "Well, at least now you go back to your cocky, furry eared self...Ow!" Damion began rubbing his leg across the table from where Momo had kicked him. "What was that for?!" Momo smiles sweetly, saying, "Insulting my friend, of course." Damion scoffed, saying, "And I'm not your friend?" K spoke for the first time that morning, saying, "But she's not the one running 'round making derogatory remarks about someone out of jealousy." Damion just rolled his eyes, saying, "If I were jealous, I'd be laying into him about his ears." Kotaro laughed and said, "What's wrong with my ears?" "Well, they're furry, sprouting off the top of your head, and you can hide them." Kotaro chuckled again as people watched, looking at Kotaro, trying to get a glimpse of the ears Damion was talking about, but only seeing the fake ones he wore in public. They talked for a good long while, and they were just putting their trays up when Kaibura's voice came over the intercom, the entire school going silent. "Congratulations to all of you who passed your exams. You've done well, and excellence is what we strive for. Everyone please give a warm round of applause to Kotaro Aizawa, Momo Gehenna, Damion de Lioncourt, Roxie, K, and Aki Sumiko, for graduating two years ahead of time, and receiving their branded letter names. I would like the top two students to report to my office immediately, regarding pressing matters, and if you choose to let them accompany you, the other three as well. Thank you all, and have a wonderful day." The intercom buzzed out in the usual way, and the whole place was alive with chatter in the next moment. Kotaro looked to Momo and shrugged, saying, "Guess we'd better go, eh?" She nodded, and said to the others, "Coming, or staying?" There was a unanimous, "Coming," from all three of them, and Kotaro and Momo set off, leading the way.

Once inside Kaibura's office, the five were told to sit. Kaibura breathed in deeply, giving off the impression of someone bearing bad news, when a split second later, he did just that. "L is dead. Watari, too." There were stunned faces all around, before a simultaneous, "What?!" erupted from all of them. Even K looked stunned, and nothing ever really got to her. Kaibura continued, saying, "Yes, L had another stroke last night, and knowing his recent health, it was bound to happen. Watari, in a twisted set of events, died in a car accident on the way here to break the news." Their mouths remained gaping open, and it was Roxie who broke the silence, "So... he's really dead?" Kaibura looked sharply at her, saying, "Of course, do you think I would joke about this?" Roxie quickly bowed her head, and Kaibura continued. "So, starting from tomorrow, after an early graduation ceremony is held, you will all begin your new assignments. Damion, as "M" you will infiltrate the Mafia. You can choose a partner. Aki, you are to work under cover as a school girl in America, and get in close to the leader of a ring of people trying to sell high school girls to the highest bidder. You may also choose a partner." Damion sighed and said, "Well, Roxie has more connections than I, so she's with me." Roxie blushed and everyone but her and Damion snickered, and they knew full well the reason he plucked her out of thin air. Aki then said, "Well, I'll need a level head in this, so K's coming with me." K simply nodded and said quietly, "I'll do my best." Kaibura then turned to Kotaro and Momo, saying, "You two are now taking the place of the former L and Watari, your duties will be--" the rest of his sentence was cut off by a loud outburst from Damion. "What?! Kotaro and Momo taking over already?! Are you mad? They're smart, sure, but are they ready to take that kind of thing on?!" Kaibura looked to Damion, saying coldly, "We don't have much of a choice. There is no choice in the matter. Kotaro and Momo are the best candidates." Damion was about to say something when Roxie clutched his arm. He stopped before he could utter a word, sitting down and looking exasperated. Kaibura turned back to Kotaro and said, "I'll alert the other students soon. You and Momo need to get your things in order, and collect the contact information from your peers. You'll need them at many times." Kotaro nodded, and Momo said, "Righty-o, then." Kaibura dismissed them all with the usual wave of the hand. As the exited, Roxie, K, and Aki walked over to Kotaro and Momo, Aki saying, "We'd all like to say, 'congratulations,' even that big bump on a log over there." With this, she pointed at Damion. "Anyhow, good luck, and here's how to contact me and K. Roxie has how to contact her, and she'll be with Damion, so it all works out." Aki and Roxie handed Kotaro bits of paper they had evidently borrowed from Kaibura, because the back of the paper it said, "From the office of," before trailing off after the rip. K grinned at them, offering a rare smile saying, "Good luck, and have a nice, easy life. Although, I can't guarantee that it will be all that easy. But the it's the thought that counts." Damion stalked off, not saying a word to anyone, and Roxie followed him, K and Aki saying, "Bye for now," at the same time before heading off to their dorms. "Well," Momo said as she turned to Kotaro, "What do we do now, furry one?" Kotaro shrugged and said, "I suppose we get packing, and collect other peoples' numbers just in case.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Graduation day)
Kotaro looked closely at the room, the floors and tables bare, so different from before. The walls were stripped of the posters, the clothes were picked up, laundered, and packed away, and all that remained were the beds. Other than that, the room seemed so much bigger. As he turned around and picked up the last box, he looked on the ground and spotted the wristlet that Momo had given him for his twelfth birthday. It was black, made of cloth that he could swear looked hand sewn, but he didn't care. He slid it around his wrist, surprised it still fit, kissing it for luck before striding out of the room. As he stepped outside and neared the van that he and Momo were loading their things into, he began to notice that the school looked so much smaller. He put the box in, shut the door, and hurried back. He had a graduation to attend, and it would look bad if he were late. As he entered the back of the auditorium, Momo rushed him over and said, "Were were you? We're about to start!" "I know, I know," Kotaro replied, "But I found that old wristlet and got caught up in nostalgia." He held up his hand, showing her. She smiles softly, almost appearing to blush. They then turned their attention to the front, where they could hear Kaibura saying, "And now, it's time to meet the five early graduates, who have worked harder than our older grads here." They went out, single file, in the order of their rank, applause erupting forth from the other students. Kotaro thought to himself, "It feels good to be out here in the front. Aaah, I'm going to miss this place. I just hope I don't have to speak in front of everyone." They sat down in front of the other grads, the applause dying down slowly. When it was all quiet, Kaibura said, "There are many types of people. People who struggle with becoming the best, or close to it, and people born with that ability, are but among two of them. But in order to truly understand this, we have to ask ourselves, 'Who are we?' And what better way to ask yourself, than to explain it to another person? Or, rather, 299 other people. So, without further ado, we'll give them a chance to tell us who they are!" Kaibura pointed to Aki, who stepped up and gave an empassioned speech about her life at the school, and how she still doesn't know fully who she was, but she knew well enough to say she was going on to do good things. About that time, Kotaro's mind began to wander, he wasn't sure what he'd say, and by the time Momo was finished, he still didn't know what to say. He decided to go on gut instinct and say the first thing that popped into mind. He took a deep breath and approached the podium as he began to speak.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Whoo, crap, only got two chapters in before I needed to shower and hit the sack. Oh, well, I'll have Chapter Three sometime tomorrow. Anywhoseits, night guys, and tell me what you think in the discussion thread.)
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Fri May 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Chapter Three: Watashi wa, Eru desu.

As he surveyed the crowd, his glacier eyes sweeping across the room, he began to speak. "Er.... Hi. I'm not good with this kind of thing, sorry. I just wanted to say what a privilege it has been to be here, amongst the brightest people the world can offer. Even if you didn't pass, or you did, I respect you all. I've hidden things from you all for a while. Partially because I didn't want to be judged, but this group is by far the least judgmental I could ask for. So, I'll tell you about myself." He pulled off the rubber ears he kept on the side of his head and concentrated, allowing his wolf ears to pop out. He grinned at everyone's astonished faces and said, "I am Kotaro Aizawa. I am an Inugami, or as my friends affectionately call me, 'a furry.' And, although I don't think I fully deserve it, I am the new L, and I intend to carry that legacy on my shoulders, and hopefully pass it on one day." He went back over to his chair, tossing the fake ears in the trash can on the way back, taking his graduation certificate from Kaibura before sitting down. He grinned at Momo who looked at him with astonishment. "What was that all about," she exclaimed. Kotaro chuckled and said, "How can they trust a man who keeps secrets from them? I should surely think they'll trust me even more so now." Damion leaned over and said, "Powerful speech and all, but don't you think you're being careless?" Kotaro just shrugged and said, "Shush, it's time for the celebration."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the graduation party ended, Kotaro and Momo went out to the moving truck to check on their belongings once more. At five o'clock, they would depart, and there was a high possibility that they'd only see Wammy's a few more times in their lives. As the climbed in the separate car that was to take them to their base of operations, a low sound, halfway between a laugh and a sob escaped from Momo. Kotaro looked to her and noticed tears in her eyes. Uncertain as to what to do, he put his arm around her shoulder and just held her. He was glad for an excuse to be able to do this, but he was sad at the same time that it had to be in this situation. He would miss the school, too, and whatever it took, he would visit as often as he could manage. As they pulled away, they took one last look at the mansion they loved so much, remembering all times, good and bad, with a sorrowful smile. Kotaro looked to Momo, his arm still around her shoulders as he said, "We're on to bigger things." She looked at him, her tears creating a sadly beautiful effect with her shocking green eyes as she said, "I suppose you're right. I'll miss the place, but I'm glad to be working with a furry of the highest caliber." Kotaro tried, (and failed,) to suppress a grin as he said, "See? We're feeling better already, able to make a joke like that."
As they sat in the car, they barely said a word after that little exchange. Kotaro looked to Momo and wondered why she hadn't complained about his arm, but disregarded it as her still needing comfort. He squeezed slightly and noticed her head was resting on the side of his chest. She had fallen asleep. He watched her as she slept, and made a vow to protect her with his life, even if it meant not fulfilling his duties as, "L." Moments later, he drifted off as well, his chin resting on the crown of her head.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After four long hours, the car stopped. Coming out of his light rest, he looked over towards Momo, who had apparently woken up already, and there was a slight blush on her face. "What's the matter," Kotaro asked. "Nothing, good sir, I was just thinking you look happiest when you're asleep." Kotaro chuckled but kicked himself mentally. He thought to himself, 'She only sees me as a friend, nothing more. Quit deluding yourself.' They climbed out of the car as the driver opened the door on Kotaro's side. Ahead was the building where the first "L," had accomplished so much, only to fall before a long forgotten enemy. History was fickle, and in only fifty years, even the faculty at Wammy's had pushed aside the reason behind L's death. None of the students ever learned afterwards, and it seemed like a secret that remained out of sight for so long, it slipped the mind as well. They looked to the complex that was to be their new home, and base of operations. As they walked, Kotaro felt an odd chill, and then a slight lightheaded feeling for a brief moment. He looked around, it felt as though he were being watched. Momo was doing the same, and it looked as though she had felt the same thing too. Rather than pursue the subject, he continued his walk. He wanted to get inside, as he had the strangest craving for sweets....
End of Chapter Three, guys, sorry it took so long to get out, I've kinda been trying to think of how to follow up the last two chapters, and I don't think this one did the others much justice, but I'll press onwards! Leave comments, suggestions and such in the discussion thread. I hope you, "saw what I did there," with the last part of this chapter.
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Chapter Four: A Page Torn From History Part 1 of 2.

Two figures sat in a barren location. It looked nothing like any place found on Earth. The figures cast an eerie sillouette against a craggy gray rock surface, their shadows suggesting a grotesque deformation. One began to speak. "Hey, Greed, Ryuuk's gotten pretty famous, ne?" The one addressed as Greed said, "Yeah, wasn't that long ago we were ridiculing him for dropping his notebook in the human world. I was surprised to find out that he was just bored." The so far nameless figure replied with, "Yeah, but after that, he's really started helping clean up this place. We have a lot more to do now, and with his suggestion of killing with more than a heart attack to draw attention away from an outside source, we Shinigami have more entertainment...." There was a hesitant pause before the Nameless spoke up. "There's something missing, though. It's not as fun as it used to be, and there's nary a chance to rank up anymore." Chuckling softly, Greed spoke up. "Did you just say, 'nary?'" "Shut up, you. Anyway, I want to at least see what Ryuuk went through. I mean, with that little stunt, he went from a Class C, to a Class S in a few short years, while we lazed about. He even got rid of REM, for King's sake." It was the Nameless one's turn to chuckle, as he said, "Y'know, we should try it. But, to make things much more interesting, it should be a contest." "A contest," Greed asked. "Yeah, a contest. Just for shits and giggles. We each pass out a Death Note to a human we choose, and then see which one does the best. We'll let it span out over an unlimited amount of time." Greed pondered for a moment before asking, "Okay, what's the prize?" The Nameless one spoke and said, "Prize, eh? I suppose we compete for... Well, I can't think of anything." "How about, whoever loses passes on their lifeforce on to their human? That'd be interesting, wouldn't it, Ra?" The formerly Nameless figure, "Ra," replied with, "That's interesting. The loser gives up his life, eh? I dunno about you though, but I have a good five hundred years left." Greed chuckled, saying, "I've got about the same here, as well. Even with all the humans on Earth, they just keep popping up and such, so a standard Shinigami has at LEAST two hundred years or so. I guess we're already a cut above the rest." "One step closer, eh? We'll surpass Ryuuk, at the very least. He's already getting close to taking the Shinigami King's position, anyway, that guy hasn't come out in a thousand years, nonetheless killed anyone. I reckon he's only got about a decade left." The owners of the shadows cast against the wall stepped into view. The one on the left, Ra, had a strange headdress that resembled a pyramid, and carried a staff. The one known as Greed had many piercings upon his face, and a rather stupid expression. Both were wearing jackets that were the standard for Shinigami now. Ra spoke up and said, "Well, then. We'll both go out into the human world tomorrow and select our targets. We won't kill another human until our human's time has come, should it come to that." Greed chuckled stupidly and said, "Agreed. But we should check in with each other every now and again after our books have been dropped, especially after the deed is done." Neither of them noticed the blatant sexual innuendo there, but they were Shinigami, so you wouldn't expect them to. "Alright, so it's agreed. We drop our books, meet up, confirm the loss of our Death Notes, and work it separate ways, then," Ra stated. Greed simply nodded and said, "Well then, see you later. I'll start scouting early, but we shouldn't act upon anything until tomorrow at the earliest. We shouldn't rush this. We'll give it a week to choose a human, and we'll meet up say... every other day in the city called, "Tokyo" to give each other a status report." Ra shrugged, saying, "Sure, and after we choose our humans, we'll meet once every month in the same spot, then." Nodding to each other as a sign of mutual understanding, they went their separate ways.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

A boy of about fifteen sat on his bed, flipping through a magazine. His life was boring, and he was lacking excitement. He had already done just about everything imaginable that was considered enjoyable by anyone his age, and many things people frowned upon, but couldn't find the proper excitement. Quietly, he turned a page in his magazine, his custom alarm clock going off. Casually, he hit the stop button. He hadn't slept, yet again, and he was starting to hallucinate slightly. "Saam..." The boy looked up, and there was a pink unicorn in front of him. Calmly, the boy addressed as Sam disregarded the hallucination. He was quite used to them by now, but the pink unicorn was a recurring one, and it liked to quote random Internet memes. Sam couldn't help but supress a giggle as it stated, "Pee on babies, they won't remember it!" Turning his attention to the clock, he saw that it was 7:05 now, and he needed to shower and get ready for school. His phone buzzed. Looking at it, he saw that it was from his current girlfriend. He had even lost the spark in his recent relationships, and at fifteen, that was quite an oddity, indeed. Ignoring the text message for now, he gathered the cleanest clothes he could find, as he hadn't done laundry in a while, and headed for the shower. Stepping out in his black, "Genius by birth, slacker by choice" shirt and blue jeans. He had lost all motivation in life, and as he stepped out of his house, he screamed to the world, "Something interesting happen! God damn, people!!" Noticing a rock on the ground, he began to kick it as he walked the eight blocks to school. He wished the school would be troubled enough to provide him transportation, like the bus, but no, you had to be at least 13 blocks away to ride, and it irked him greatly. Things in this world just didn't match his standards, and he was angry. Giving the rock an especially hard kick, he watched it skyrocket into an apartment complex nearby, breaking the window. "Shit," he uttered, taking off in a full run. "Get back here you crazy little shithead," came the angry call behind him, but it only spurred him to run faster. As he rounded the corner he saw the school and decided to slow down. He could blend in with all the other uniforms here, and he was of an average height and build, so it would be hard to pick him out of a crowd of his peers. Eight long, agonizing hours later, Sam found himself still staring at the chalkboard. The final bell had just rang, and he was slightly dazed. Looking down, he saw that he had already copied his notes in his stupor, as it was all second nature. His test scores were quite high for someone who obviously thought it was a waste of time, but he had to break away from the norm somehow. Excitement was what he needed. Little did he know, that he was about to recieve it...

------------------------------------------------

A young woman of about seventeen sat alone in her chair. Her boyfriend had dumped her, yet again, for one of her friends. In return, her friend had rejected him, and that made her feel slightly better, but she still felt used. She had given her everything to that boy, but she wouldn't consent to one thing, so he decided to target her friend, who he had apparently deemed, "easy." Tears streaming from her face, she began to wonder why she existed. It was utter torture for her, living with the burden of being alone. She watched the world rot around her, and there was nothing she could do. She LONGED for a reason to snap. She wanted some means of relief. An outlet of sorts, to keep her occupied, and perhaps a way to bring understanding to everyone. But most of all, she wanted revenge. She wanted to make those who made her suffer, suffer ten fold. It was a deplorable way to think, she knew, but she couldn't help it. The world appeared to be out to get her, and the only comfort she found was in writing, and her mother and sister. Those three things were what kept her going in life, and she would be damned if anything happened to them. Swearing aloud, she proclaimed, "One day, I will shape this world as I see fit. There will be kindness, compassion, and understanding. Or there will be repurcussions." Slowly, she drifted off to sleep, and halfway across the world, Sam did the same. Before she went to sleep, she thought to herself, "Fuchi, if you can't shape yourself, you won't be able to shape the world. We'll burn the bridges as we come to it."
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Chapter Four A Page Torn From History, Part 2 of 2

(About to do my best to do split conversations, real time and such.)

SMACK!

Both
Sam and Fuchi awoke in their beds, Sam having had very little sleep,
and Fuchi having just drifted off. Mimicking each other's actions
unknowingly, they exclaime, "The hell?!" As Fuchi looked upon the
floor, Sam looked upon his desk. On each respective place was a book
entitled, "Death Note." Timidly reaching for it, they both read the
rules, reciting aloud simultaneously, "The human who's name is written
in this Note shall die..."
-----------------------------------------------

Floating
atop Toodai University, the two Shinigami sat upon thin air, their
wings beating softly in tandem. Ra was the first to speak. "I found
mine within a day. He's quite bored with life, and is seeking
excitement. He resides in London, and seems to be quite bright." Greed
laughed and said, "I, too, found someone of interest. She seems to be
of above average intelligence, unhappy with her life, and is seeking a
personal justice. She even declared that she would shape the world to
match hers. She's actually living here in Tokyo." Chuckling lightly, Ra
said, "It appears our humans are two peas in a pod. Let's wait for them
to start doing the interesting things before we reveal ourselves to
them. See you in a month," With that, Ra flew off, back to the
Shinigami plane, then London from there, to check on the status of his
Notebook, sporting a new one he recieved from the Shinigami king a mere
thirty minutes ago. Greed chuckled and headed back to Fuchi's house.
There was much fun to be had, and he didn't want to miss a bit of it.
--------------------------------------

Sam
sat at his desk, pondering what the Death Note said. He read and
re-read the rules and the, "How to Use" section at least a hundred
times, each time becoming more and more tempted to try it. He was not a
morally strong individual, but he did believe killing wasn't going to
be easy, if the Death Note was indeed real. Pondering for a moment, he
turned on the local news channel. The new Prime Minister they had
elected just weeks before stood addressing the public. He had a foul
demeanour, and the fact that he supported many... controversial
subjects irked Sam to the core. He decided that he would try it out on
him, and if it worked, he would begin to purge the world, starting with
the corrupt politicians. Slowly, he wroted down, "Ben D. Over." Hoping
this was sufficient, because the middle initial had apparently been
military issue, and the man never shut up about it, Sam left the cause
of death blank, because the rules said that it would result in cardiac
arrest. Not wanting to draw suspicion unto himself from the start, he
decided to use it, because the new Minister had a history of heart
trouble. Nobody would notice it, seeing as the man had a triple bypass
merely a week before, and his life expectancy was at a low. Most people
regretted letting the man into office, and his policies were even more
controversial than that of George W. Bush, when he presided in the
American Office. Nobody would miss him, outside of his immediate
family, and according to tabloids, even they were tiring of his often
violent behavior, which always somehow ended up with him in the
Hospital, rather than anyone else. Forty seconds passed, and Sam shook
his head. He knew it. It was too much to hope for. Looking to the TV,
he saw the Prime Minister clutching his chest, his eyes bugging out and
his mouth beginning to foam. It also appeared as though his left arm
had gone numb, and it was twitching uncontrollably. He hit the floor,
astounding many, and bringing cheers from even more. Grinning, Sam
thought to himself, "It works. Hahaha, I can't believe it works!" His
mind began forming plans. Big plans. Machinations to create the world
which would conform to his standards alone. Chuckling lightly to
himself, he said, "From this day, I will no longer be Sam. While I may
wear his guise, it is for a higher purpose. From this day, the world
will call me, 'Sorrow'. The world will know the emotion, and the name.
It will be instilled in children from birth, and they will come to know
me, not as a God, but as a leader. I shall burn this world, and a new
one shall arise from the ashes, and the Utopia I have longed for shall
come to pass. I shall refer to this plan as, "The Pheonix Directive."
Smiling to himself, he began to jot down the names of other politicians
that he deemed unfit to lead. Dick Cheney was long overdue, and he
began to search the web for his real name. "Richard Bruce Cheney...
Cardiac Arrest..."
---------------------------------------

Fuchi
studied the book. She had just recieved word that her ex boyfriend had
died a short while ago. She stared at his name in the book in awe. It
had gone exactly as she had written it down. He had died of a
hemorrhaging of the lungs. Granted, she had to be more careful, and not
target those around her... yet. He had merely been her first pawn, a
test of her powers. She looked to the news several days and saw that
several politicians had died of odd causes, and cardiac arrest appeared
to be the main trend. Pondering for a moment, she checked the rules of
the Death Note, and wondered if someone else out there had one, as
well. Perhaps one of these, "Shinigami," it mentioned. Her mind drifted
to several anime depictions of the Shinigami, taking the forms of
dreamy guys, such as in "Gakuen Alice," among others. She couldn't wait
to meet the one the Note mentioned. She wanted to show him her
progress. She hoped the Shinigami would sweep her off her feet, and she
had no idea of the rude awakening she was in for. The Bishounen she
expected was not to come. Greed dropped through the roof of her house.
It had been three days since he had dropped the book into the world of
the living, and while his human had only written one name, it was with
such mastery that he had to applaud her. With a grin, he snuck up
behind her, and said, "Boo." Oblivious to the fact that he wouldn't be
quite what she expected, Fuchi turned around and exclaimed,
"Shinigami-sama," as she tried to wrap her arms around him. Stopping,
she looked at him. Repulsed, she said, "What foul demon are you?
Surely, you are not my beloved Shinigami-sama!" Chuckling,
Greed said, "Afraid so, toots. Don't worry, though, I'm much more than
meets the eye." He sent her an inviting wink that only repulsed her
further. Staring at the ugly creature, she said, "Jeez, I was really
hoping for a Bishounen, but I suppose I have to deal with the hand I
was dealt, ne? What's your name, Shinigami?" Noting the lack of the
honorific, "sama," Greed chuckled stupidly. "Well, toots, we'll just
have to work past things, because I have to follow you from now, until
you die, or give up the Death Note to someone else. But, after using
it, I don't think you want to give it up, do you?" Fuchi stared at him,
exclaiming, "Are you fucking serious?! Of course I'm keeping it.
Nothing's going to stop me from reshaping this world, and I mean
NOTHING." As Greed continued to chuckle, she looked at him and said,
"Well, at least I'm used to your appearance, and your hair is somewhat
long. I like that, at least, but you're still an ugly brute." Opening
her Death Note, she declared, "After killing Taka, my ex boyfriend, I
decided that I'll start killing people who don't adhere to the rules.
I.E, criminals. Not many people remember this, but about fifty years
ago, a mass murderer called, "Kira," surfaced, and even though he was
the biggest killer of all time, he doesn't show up in any history
books, older people refuse to talk about it, and claim it was just a
dream, and that it was mere coincidence that their loved ones died in
prison. I, however, will re-establish the mantle of, "Kira" with my
next kill." She began to scribble. Closing it, she looked to the T.V.
She had been watching criminal shows the past three days, and had been
memorizing the names and faces of people. The person currently on the
screen was a man by the name of "Takeo Yuri Shiba," and was wanted on
eight counts of murder, and a whopping forty-two counts of grand theft
auto. How he had gotten away was a miracle, until now. She watched as
the man pulled over the car he had made off with, baffling the Police
and causing traffic to come to a halt as he exited the vehicle. He
began to cough blood, and he wrote, "Kira has returned," upon the
pavement in his own blood before coughing up another great splurt,
turning his head to avoid splashing the message he had just written,
keeling over, the ground wetting beneath him from blood and urine as
his bodily functions ceased, and he excreted his wastes. Smiling, Fuchi
opened the book and showed the Shinigami exactly what she had written,
and how it had come to play. "Wow, only twice, and you're already
better than half the Shinigami at this thing. But are you sure it was
wise to kill him the same way your ex boyfriend died? They may suspect
you off the bat," Greed stated. "Taka always had asthma, and a frail
rib structure. It would be no surprise to anyone if his lungs failed,
or if a rib broke off and pierced a lung, and caused him to vomit
blood. This is merely my favorite way to invision death, and I shall
dispense my own brand of justice, different than those of the last
Kira." Greed simply laughed, and wondered to himself when she would
notice that she had competition. Deciding to remain neutral until it
benefitted himself, he just simply nodded and went along with whatever
she said. She was a talkative one, but there weren't many questions, so
he decided not to tell her anything unless she asked. She already had a
decent enough grip on the Death Note, and anything not listed in the
rules, she was sure to find out herself, or consult Greed.As Fuchi
scribbled the names, the new program she was watching would display the
deaths of the criminals as they were alerted. Sometimes, it was even as
early as five minutes, and as late as an hour or two. After a good
three hours of writing down names, and planning ahead of time, Fuchi
closed her notebook with satisfaction. She had killed a total of 80
people that day. Someone was bound to take notice, like last time,
especially with her last message. Chuckling softly to herself, she
crawled in the bed, wishing Greed a good night before turning out the
lights. Tomorrow was a new day.
---------------------------------------------

Hey,
sorry about the delay for Chapter Four. I worked especially hard on
this one, so I hope it's good. I introduced two people I haven't seen
in any story yet, so maybe that'll add another element? Who knows. Wow,
Firefox doesn't like my specialized grammar. xD Giving me red marks
for, "That'll," and even, "Doesn't," which is a pretty common word,
actually. Anywho, my end of the chapter blurb is done, lemme know what
you think of it in the discussion. Oh, and sorry for the weird format for this chapter. I have no idea why it looks different than the others.
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down