DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do with a billion dollars?

+8
Giovanni
Admin Old
Fatal Dosage
W
Xiar
Max Yagami
Kenji Saioji
Kotaro Aizawa
12 posters

Go down

What would you do with a billion dollars? Empty What would you do with a billion dollars?

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Would you give it all away to charity, keep some, and give some? I wanna know =D
I'd give some of it to homeless shelters, because I would definitely want people to live better than out on the streets. (I experienced that myself.) But I would also spend a good bit of it on myself and my family, and put the rest of it in long term investments. Gold stocks, prefferably.
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://www.chains-of-fate.com

Back to top Go down

What would you do with a billion dollars? Empty Re: What would you do with a billion dollars?

Post by Kenji Saioji Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 pm

I'd give half of it to the kids who don't have very much and to the homeless. With the other half I would buy tons of soda, a kick ass house, tons of stuff like a huge flat screen T.V, and a kick ass computer.
Kenji Saioji
Kenji Saioji
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

What would you do with a billion dollars? Empty Re: What would you do with a billion dollars?

Post by Max Yagami Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Well i would give half of it to charity and to the homeless because everybody deserves home. Then i would put some of it in my bank account then give the rest to my mom because she really needs it to pay bills and for taking care of me and my brother.
Max Yagami
Max Yagami
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiar Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:59 am

I'd go to a few different convenience stores and small drive-through restaurants and just make people's day.

I.e., buy a pack of 25cent gum and pay with a 100 dollar bill, say "Keep the change."

...dunno what I'd do with the other several hundred million, though.

Xiar
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:15 am

I'd invest it until I get half of what Bill Gates has.

Then, I'll donate it to families that need it, to feel the support they need.

W
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal Dosage Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 am

You will need: a mass driver. A mass driver is a sort of oversized electromagnetic railgun, which was once proposed as a way of getting mined materials back from the Moon to Earth - basically, you just load it into the driver and fire it upwards in roughly the right direction. Your design should be powerful enough to hit escape velocity of 11 kilometres per second.

Method: Basically, what we're going to do here is dig up the Earth, a big chunk at a time, and boost the whole lot of it into orbit. Yes. All six sextillion tonnes of it.
Fatal Dosage
Fatal Dosage
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:44 am

Some branches of my family aren't doing too well, so I'd make sure they would be supported throughout life.. even though I'm not a fan of some of them. Right, anyway..

A house so big I can get lost in, a tank with a pet shark in it that can cut hair, and a baby panda.. talked it over with a friend and thats how my life would be if I made enough money.

I'd also give some money to certain charities that I supported, Breast Cancer, for Abused Animals, etc.

..and a hugeass movie theater with a popcorn machine, bowling alley, soda machine, and surround sound.

Of course, you'd have to save a good amount, too.. not blow it all!

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:27 am

I'd buy Liverpool FC
Giovanni
Giovanni
Tier 5
Tier 5

Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Za Yueryuu Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 am

I suppose I'd use what of it I need to make my life and my family's more comfortable, then do something charitable, probably more health-related than to do with the homeless, though perhaps that as well. Then I'd set aside what I'd decide I might need access to in the near future in a bank then find some other way of investing the remainder. Banks aren't exactly great for investment right now, with the recession.

A very kickass, custom-built desktop with an internet connection to match might be nice; a detached house in a nice area. I'd like laminate flooring, or at least something cleaner than carpet.
Ray Za Yueryuu
Ray Za Yueryuu
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2008-07-17

http://www.freewebs.com/dcd-nexus/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Lampurouge Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:42 pm

In all seriousness
----------------
Multiple Charities (SUpport the finding for cure of AIDs, breast cancer, soup kitchens, homeless, etc)
End world Hunger
Make us pull out of war/ better economy
Give every animal (this includes humans) a home
Endorse in a program that will give all happy lives
-----------------
In all Lolziessness
----------------
Make it required that all female personell wear...TINY MINISKIRTS! -shot-
Make Obama go "[/i]Imagination[i]"
Create a giant catapult with a giant hamster wheel on the end of it that people go in as means of air travel
Fund for a programm/project so that kids can design and create giant robots
Outlaw all current cartoon shows of america (This excludes chowder) and replace it with anime, and a spinoff series of fosters home for imaginary kids, but making cheese and eduardo the main characters
Outlaw all comics and replace it with Manga
Buy a Yacht that only plays "Im on a boat" By the lonley island
Lelouch Lampurouge
Lelouch Lampurouge
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiar Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:01 pm

I discussed this with my dad. He said:

"Well, first I'd give about forty percent of it to the government 'cause they'd make me, then probably give the rest to AIG so the board of directors can buy another yacht apiece."

Xiar
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hideaki Ito Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:03 pm

If a billion dollars popping up out of nowhere didn't kill the economy, I'd buy a pack of gum. After that, I would buy a giant house in space and blow the rest investing in extraterrestrial mining/ world domination. After that, I would have everything I wanted so I would donate my vast wealth to charity. The charities: Curing Diseases, Feeding the World, and Zombies are people too!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------were

Edit:Also, I'd buy some lulzy things and I would pray that I had 1000 to the eighth power dollars/ A quadrillion.
Hideaki Ito
Hideaki Ito
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://OhmygoshwhydidIkillmywebsitecausethisisn'tawebsitebutifit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amon-Ra Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:22 pm

Houses, cars, and anything else I might want. I wouldn't donate any of it, because I'd just invest the remains for personal gain.
Amon-Ra
Amon-Ra
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum