DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bladethe1's vendetta

+4
Admin Old
Fate
The Hidden One
Kotaro Aizawa
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bladethe1's vendetta Empty Bladethe1's vendetta

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:58 am

I'm not sure if this should cause any concern, but Blade has apparently emailed Viz and requested that a cease and desist be placed upon DNO. Now, I know for a fact that unless they see DNO as a potential loss of profit, then they will immediately move to shut down DNO. But seeing as DNO DOESN'T, I figure we're safe. Also, DNO brings new people into the general Death Note fan community, as new players play the game, go out and buy the manga. But I'd like to know if anybody else thinks this even constitutes a slight bit of concern towards K and the DNO community.
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://www.chains-of-fate.com

Back to top Go down

Bladethe1's vendetta Empty Re: Bladethe1's vendetta

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

So, wait. Blade reported DNO, and yet he said that...
And yet... the "army"... and the him being a troll...
I hate people.
The Hidden One
The Hidden One
Tier 1
Tier 1

Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

to quote the author of deathnote in the end of one of the manga's "I support ALL fan work" is DNO not fanwork?

Fate
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Bemcint wrote:I'm not sure if this should cause any concern, but Blade has apparently emailed Viz and requested that a cease and desist be placed upon DNO. Now, I know for a fact that unless they see DNO as a potential loss of profit, then they will immediately move to shut down DNO. But seeing as DNO DOESN'T, I figure we're safe. Also, DNO brings new people into the general Death Note fan community, as new players play the game, go out and buy the manga. But I'd like to know if anybody else thinks this even constitutes a slight bit of concern towards K and the DNO community.
lolwut.
If that were the case, lots of BYOND would have to be shut down.. but I find the whole thing funny especially because Blade /does/ understand the real world, and that there are people who will try to bother you on purpose (ie; trolls, him).. and yet he doesn't understand a big company wouldn't give a crap, trust me.. I'd know.

Admin Old
Admin

Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Fate wrote:to quote the author of deathnote in the end of one of the manga's "I support ALL fan work" is DNO not fanwork?
He said that? Hah. I didn't even know that.. it brings another good point.
But the main focus is Blade is mad, or just wants attention, to troll, etc.. and I'm not really concerned. Trolls will be trolls.. and this has happened before; seriously. Someone told me they were going to report me to some copyrighting place (which wasn't even named.. it was called 'the copyright people') for making a game off Death Note and stealing their ideas.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Kira wrote:
Fate wrote:to quote the author of deathnote in the end of one of the manga's "I support ALL fan work" is DNO not fanwork?
But the main focus is Blade is mad, or just wants attention, to troll, etc.. and I'm not really concerned. Trolls will be trolls.. and this has happened before; seriously. Someone told me they were going to report me to some copyrighting place (which wasn't even named.. it was called 'the copyright people') for making a game off Death Note and stealing their ideas.
>.> don't even compair him the the mad/insane/psyco people we have problems. he's just a sad lonely man

Fate
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Fate wrote:
Kira wrote:
>.> don't even compair him the the mad/insane/psyco people we have problems. he's just a sad lonely man

People just don't get that nobody will ever take you seriously on the internet.. you can try, I've tried, as hard as you can but it won't work..

Especially when you imagine who they are outside of the computer.. honestly, 70% of people who play BYOND or even have it have /no/ life >.>;

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Uh, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, I dont think Ohba has control over copyright issues in America. Not sure though.

In other words, Viz is free to pursue action without Ohba's support/backing/consent.
Of course, since this is just a small fan game, I don't think Viz gives a shit, although I've heard that they dont screw around with copyright issues.

Last edited by The Hidden One on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clearing something up)
The Hidden One
The Hidden One
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:42 pm

The Hidden One wrote:Uh, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, I dont think Ohba has control over copyright issues in America. Not sure though.

In other words, Viz is free to pursue action without Ohba's support/backing/consent.
Of course, since this is just a small fan game, I don't think Viz gives a shit, although I've heard that they dont screw around with copyright issues.
And even if they do; what will happen?
DNO's hub will be taken down. CRYYYY.
I could never click 'new' and create a new one with DNO2. ;-;

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Once again, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, they would take YOU down, not just DNO.
The Hidden One
The Hidden One
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by XSanitariumX Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:45 pm

This entire situation is just fail on Blade's part =/ He's going to go down in history as DNO's dumbest troll.
XSanitariumX
XSanitariumX
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:45 pm

The Hidden One wrote:Once again, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, they would take YOU down, not just DNO.
Then what's stopping me from creating a new key?
And if they do that, what's stopping me from coding on another site?

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XSanitariumX Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:46 pm

I think he's trying to get you sued somehow by Viz, I have no idea o_O; He's just a crying brat..
XSanitariumX
XSanitariumX
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Further legal trouble
Or jack shit if they dont think its important enough.
The Hidden One
The Hidden One
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by XSanitariumX Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:48 pm

The Hidden One wrote:Further legal trouble
Or jack shit if they dont think its important enough.

"Things That Won't Be Sued By Viz"

SHOW ME DEATH NOTE ONLINE!!!

*Ding, #2 answer*
XSanitariumX
XSanitariumX
Tier 0
Tier 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Yeah, erm. Honestly, I doubt they'd care.. Especially a little girl who programs a game about Death Note And if they do.. a LOT of BYOND games are in trouble then.. which I highly doubt BYOND would even allow, they'd have had the person banned from BYOND sooner than allowed a lawsuit because of BYOND, me thinks..

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Would've made more sense if he reported you to BYOND by that logic.
The Hidden One
The Hidden One
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:52 pm

The Hidden One wrote:Would've made more sense if he reported you to BYOND by that logic.
Yeah.. even if, like I said, worst that would happen is the hub deletion / key banned from BYOND most probably.. but they're both very unlikely.

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this was just a trolling attempt of his?
Which is very likely come to think of it.
The Hidden One
The Hidden One
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:03 pm

It's nice to see everyone's not worried about this in the slightest xD And I had forgotten that Ohba said he supports all fanwork.
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Old Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:12 pm

The Hidden One wrote:Wouldn't it be hilarious if this was just a trolling attempt of his?
It /is/ a trolling attempt.. he's too intelligent to actually waste his time with a letter like that, and even if, what would he say?
'Hi, there's this MMORPG based on death note on a website called BYOND. etc, etc. Take it down. Thanks.'

Admin Old
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro Aizawa Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Kira wrote:
The Hidden One wrote:Wouldn't it be hilarious if this was just a trolling attempt of his?
It /is/ a trolling attempt.. he's too intelligent to actually waste his time with a letter like that, and even if, what would he say?
'Hi, there's this MMORPG based on death note on a website called BYOND. etc, etc. Take it down. Thanks.'

Personally, I agree. He just tells me these things over MSN and expects me to relay them to you guys. I'll try to refrain from doing so unless I consider it a serious threat that needs reporting.
Kotaro Aizawa
Kotaro Aizawa
Tier 2
Tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by assistman Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Kira wrote:Yeah, erm. Honestly, I doubt they'd care.. Especially a little girl who programs a game about Death Note And if they do.. a LOT of BYOND games are in trouble then.. which I highly doubt BYOND would even allow, they'd have had the person banned from BYOND sooner than allowed a lawsuit because of BYOND, me thinks..

Um, no. sorry.

youre completely mistaken.

not all the games on byond would be in trouble because theyre simply nonprofit fan games
yours however(like dragonball finale) are profit fangames which is against the law

now if you dont mind me assistman has to go sleep

assistman
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by assistman Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Kira wrote:

sorry no just stop, i cant sleep in these conditions

there is no /is/ board

please get this correct next time

assistman
Tier 1
Tier 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hidden One Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Oh lawd, I see what you did there.
The Hidden One