DEATH NOTE: ONLINE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys]

3 posters

Go down

The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys] Empty The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys]

Post by Kaibura Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:27 pm

The Most Powerful Anime Character?
Danger: Thread may contain fanboys, fangirls, obnoxious people and traces of peanut

A subject tackled on just about any forum and often resulting in all-out warfare...but of course, isn't that the point where power is concerned? I have spoken to a few people on this subject and have decided to ask public opinion on the matter. We all have our favourite anime characters, many of them hold exceptional powers or skills, and for that we are faced with the question of the 'best'.

To cut a complicated issue short, I want to find out who/what this board considers as the most powerful anime character of all time. I'm not basing this on the kind of animes, or how well the characters are actually presented...we're talking raw power here. Of course, a few will have to be excluded due to simple overpowering by the creators. Fair enough? I think so.

A poll will also be added later on, once we have accumulated a good selection of candidates.
And so let the Ultimate Heroes/Villains 2008 tournament begin!!

The following are not permitted for entry:
Any characters from Dragonball Z > - Dragonball is acceptable- DBZ onward is unbalanced and inconsistent
Any "Universal Overlord" characters - In a contest of the most powerful any character who can control the entire universe or anything so God-like is not welcome
Non-Anime characters - "Anime" does not include comic book heroes just because they're illustrated...

For the sake of my inability to do anything "by half" I shall even provide a little sheet for use if you wish...just to make things more straight-forward about your nominee.

NOTE: Characters who rely on exterior powers such as magical items or giant robots can still be entered, but must be considered on the possibility of them also not having that essential item.

Name/s:
Anime/Manga Title:
Reasons:
Equipment they need/use:
Additional Information:

As an example I shall add a few nominees of my own- bear in mind this does not mean they are immediatly in the Finals, once the thread has gathered a decent amount of potential characters I shall create a poll and the winner will be decided by vote.
Also, you need not make them this complicated...I just like to fill out forms /lame

Name/s: Tetsuo Shima
Anime/Manga Title: AKIRA
Reasons: Tetsuo is number 41 in the series of experimental human beings in the same genetic "series" as the infamous number 28 "AKIRA". Unlike AKIRA, who is literally just a walking Big-Bang waiting to be triggered, Tetsuo's power did not overwhelm and destroy his personality. Number 41 has telekenetic abilities that vary through stages of power and also depending on how bad his headache is...from being able to implode peoples skulls, to making a crater the moon by jumping up and PUNCHING IT, Tetsuo's power escalates to the point he creates a smaller scale Big-Bang that could wipe out Neo-Tokyo...for the third time.
Equipment they need/use: None.
Additional Information: Tetsuo's power escalates depending on both his "form" and the strength of his headache that can only be calmed by unbelievably powerful sedatives. The forms go: Normal Tetsuo, Telekenetic Tetsuo, Ascended Tetsuo, Beserker Tetsuo, Consumed Tetsuo (not actual names, but basically how it goes).

Normal Tetsuo is a common teenage biker in a street gang in Neo-Tokyo, up until the accident.

Telekenetic Tetsuo posesses psychic abilities that he gradually learns to control, granted he needs constant large doses of drugs to keep his headache from killing him, though his powers get more lethal and unpredictable as the pain grows.

Ascended Tetsuo looks more at peace than the previous form, and his hair takes on a white/gold colour (done before DBZ in case you were thinking it) and no longer requires any kind of drug to keep him alive or out of excessive pain- as well as boosting his powers to quite a massive degree, capable of launching himself through orbit at this stage for very brief periods as well as causing almost H-Bomb explosions.

Beserker Tetsuo occurs when the former stage is pushed to its limit of power, for example after Tetsuo decided to display his power by shattering a part of the moon. Beserker form looks like a mix between the more aggressive second form, but with the bright hair of the third, and often performs involentary spasms and gross mutations when pushed to that limit. In this fourth stage Tetsuo is actually capable of bending matter, so to speak, meaning he can reconstruct materials and even his own body to fuse or pass through objects, such as the Ocean Liner in vol 5.

Consumed Tetsuo is the "critical condition" caused when Tetsuo over-uses his powers and is the innevitable stage following Beserker if the young man does not cease constant use of his telekenetic skills. In this stage the power actually overwhelms both his body and mind, mutating him into a large pulsating deformation that seems more like an ameba than a human-being. In this state the consumed body will proceed to be drawn to anything of a high power level in order to consume it, and no longer seems to hold any kind of willfull powers other than its parasitic body with tentacles and the potential to erupt into a Big-Bang explosion if triggered. Unknown if Tetsuo can revert back from this stage, however the Consumed form does not follow his will.

Picture: http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/akira36.jpg

---

Name/s: Light Yagami / KIRA
Anime/Manga Title: Death Note
Reasons: Most people should be familiar with Light Yagami on this board but regardless - Light is an exceptional student from Kanto who finds himself in posession of a notebook called "Death Note". This book belonged to a God of Death, and Light soon learns he can control the forces of death to his own will; date, times, conditions, causes...he can manipulate a persons death almost however he so pleases, however he requires a name and a face to accomplish it. Regardless of this, Light Yagami takes on the guise of "KIRA" and uses his genius intellect to wipe out a great number of the worlds criminal population and play a game of cat and mouse with the worlds greatest detectives, all while playing the role of the honourable student.
Equipment they need/use: Death Note
Additional Information: Light Yagami would be incapable of causing these deaths were he not in posession of the Notebook of Death, however he remains a substancial intellect and a force to be reckoned with during the many investigations and schemes. Once Light has accomplished his primary "objective" he also gains further influence as one of the worlds greatest detectives with police and special forces worldwide abiding to his wishes.
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys] Empty Re: The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys]

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 am

Name/s: Dark Schneider
Anime/Manga Title: BASTARD!!
Reasons:
He can blow up millions of galaxies with one shot and shatter reality itself
He can also move thousands of times the speed of light and also battle faster than the speed of light
He can destroy planets, stars, and solar systems by merely flying past them
He is almost immortal by having three atoms one is inside his body, and the others exist in diffrent dimensions
Equipment they need/use: His mind.
Additional Information: I hate this guy, I really do... but... he is so damn powerful.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys] Empty Re: The most powerful anime character? [WARNING: Potential Fanboys]

Post by Kaibura Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:28 am

Doesn't that pretty much exactly fall into the catagory of overpowered and God-mod like...
Those are the kind of characters I think contests like this should avoid, since any anime creator worth his salt can create an "all powerful being of mass destruction", but what's a lot more difficult is constructing a character that can still be considered even-play even with substancial abilities. Hell, for me Tetsuo was a push because of his ability to blast through the fabric of reality with the final "Big Bang" explosion he can do...until I remember he cannot actually control that at all. Plus if you shoot him with a big enough gun he's pretty much screwed so...yeah.

I think anything that can fly through the universe destroying galaxies and be reassuringly immortal goes beyond even DBZs level of over-buffness o_o
Kaibura
Kaibura
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Name:Soubi
Anime/Manga Title:Loveless
Reasons:Just read the the manga at www.mangafox.com to find out why
Equipment they need/use: His sacrifice (His partner)
Additional Information: Hes got a domination complex, as in he likes to be ordered

Fate
Tier 3
Tier 3

Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Zarkus Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Clearly DS>me=God<Jesus=Kaibura>all, so I guess he would be a bit (read: OMGWTFMASSIVE) overpowered.

Name/s: Lelouch Lampurouge
Anime/Manga Title: Code Geass
Reasons: Geass
Equipment they need/use: Eyes
Additional Information: Geass is the power of absolute obedience, and cannot be overcame, even by willpower. Hell, even God (not kiddin) couldnt resist geass. "I, Lelouch vi Britannia order you to die" would kill anyone in any series who has working eyes. Guaranteed.

Name/s: Sosuke Aizen
Anime/Manga Title: Bleach
Reasons: His Shikai (initial release) is massively overpowered.
Equipment they need/use: His sword.
Additional Information: Once again, a character with an ability that is absolute. His ability of "Absolute Hypnosis", which is activated upon his shikai being seen, allows him to distort the victims senses to his whim. Only a blind person is resistant. This is the perfect ability, and can only be countered by pure instinct or a huge honking energy blast. But by the time you figure that out, Aizen would be far enough away to ensure he wouldn't be harmed.

Name/s: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Anime/Manga Title:Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Reasons:
the sun>Broly
Bobobo>The sun
Therefore, Bobobo> Broly.
Also...
Broly> SSJ3 Goku
Therefore, Bobobo> SSj3 Goku
Equipment they need/use: Nosehair and his afro.
Additional Information: Bobobo is god, but he CAN be killed. He was killed in the series, but came back due to some plot device.
Nightmare Zarkus
Nightmare Zarkus
Tier 4
Tier 4

Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down